Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1214884 - Mon Dec 17 2018 09:29 PM Smart women who like science and books?
tripichick Offline
Participant

Loc: Oregon USA
I'd iike to make some new friends. I am Retired after 25 years of medical transcription {brain exploded with an AVM one afternoon}. I like reading, especially the classics, women authors, and rereading the children's lit and YA classics I grew up on. I have ataxia from the stroke but use an awesome walker to walk four miles with my partner to Delta Ponds {in Eugene} to bird-watch.

Long-time Deadhead too.
tripichick@gmail.com

#1214930 - Tue Dec 18 2018 01:53 PM Re: Smart women who like science and books?
postcards2go Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York City USA
Hi, tripichick smile

My husband was a deadhead, and looked a lot like Jerry Garcia, when he hadn't had his beard trimmed in a while.

It's good to know you like to read stories from your childhood. I do the same thing, but thought it was weird. (Maybe it is weird, anyway, but at least I know I'm not alone LOL.)

You might want to think about joining a team, and/or checking out the chat boards. There are many subjects that are discussed.

#1214972 - Tue Dec 18 2018 09:54 PM Re: Smart women who like science and books?
tripichick Offline
Participant

Loc: Oregon USA
Thank you. How does one join?

#1215026 - Wed Dec 19 2018 07:12 PM Re: Smart women who like science and books?
postcards2go Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York City USA
You can only be on one team at a time, so to join a team, you would need to leave your own team.

There are teams that advertise to recruit members. I see you've found the board, and posted a question, but no one can answer on that board. It is just for recruiting.

You may also see a team that catches your eye, as you play games. If it is a public team, you can just click to join from the team's profile page... again, just one team at a time. You cannot belong to more than one team. The system will not allow it.

All the Chat boards are open, and can be found just below these Forums. The subjects are quite varied, or you can start a conversation.

#1215401 - Sun Dec 23 2018 08:08 AM Re: Smart women who like science and books?
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Welcome to the forums, tripichick! postcards2go has give you great advice! There are lots of opportunities for discussion and interaction here, so you've come to the right place!

Moderator:  cinnam0n