Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#154246 - Wed Jan 22 2003 12:29 PM Changing your Screen Name
A Member Offline
Multiloquent

Loc:  
My thanks to GTHO4 for pointing out that the Infopop programme has changed and you can now edit/change your screen name. Fosse4 is back!
You can edit the name (subject to site acceptance for obvious reasons) by going to your own home page and editing the Personal details page. Note that all posts from acceptance of the name change to your new (or old!) screen name. (sorry to those of you who knew me as Quizcall but I'm sure you'd rather know me as Fosse (it's much easier to type)

#154247 - Wed Jan 22 2003 02:06 PM Re: Changing your Screen Name
ThaReaper Offline
Mainstay

A while back I started an account named ThaReap because I was going to switch it because the past version didn't allow this. I decided to not do this because I thought it would add confusion. Now however I'm going to. I'm changing ThaReap account to LilReap because my lil sister thinks she might like to play in the chain games sometime. Then I want to change Reaper0001 to the ThaReap which I originally wanted in the first place. Can this be done or am I just going to have to stick with this account. If I have caused any confusion about this for admin. drop me a PM and I'll try to explain further.

#154248 - Wed Jan 22 2003 02:22 PM Re: Changing your Screen Name
A Member Offline
Multiloquent

Loc:  
Hi Reaper - I think it's hit and miss (if someone has already used the name it would probably not be allowed but try to edit your details and see wehat happens
Note I'm referring to Funtrivia Members Screen Names NOT Quizzyland names which can be differentI don't know how they are affected by the change.

#154249 - Wed Jan 22 2003 03:28 PM Re: Changing your Screen Name
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
I would ask people not to change their names to something completely different all together (Fosse was a little different because he was orignally Fosse and a change in the software meant he became Quizcall ... btw it's nice to see you back Fosse!). If John Smith suddenly became Barry Jones the rest of the members would find it hard to keep up with the identity crisis!

#154250 - Wed Jan 22 2003 03:36 PM Re: Changing your Screen Name
Linda1 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Munchkinland
For the most part, name changes are not going to be accepted unless there's a reason to do so. It's a case-by-case situation and is not a free for all where everyone decides to change names every day!

It's going to depend on administrative approval and a valid reason as to why the name should be altered.

We request that everyone not jump on this and try to make major changes just because the version of Infopop has changed.

#154251 - Wed Jan 22 2003 03:53 PM Re: Changing your Screen Name
draculanut31 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Waterford New Jersey USA    
Hi. I decided to change my screen name so that it would be the same in quizzyland as it is here. So, for any of you that may not recognize me, I'm formerly trishy81.

#154252 - Wed Jan 22 2003 05:03 PM Re: Changing your Screen Name
A Member Offline
Multiloquent

Loc:  
Thanks to the Mods for their input, and I agree with their comments that the screen name change should only be used when necessary - my name change occured when Infopop the site management changed it's program and I suddenly became my sign-in name rather than my screen name and I'm glad to be back as Fosse4 (My original screen name!)

#154253 - Thu Jan 23 2003 02:07 PM Re: Changing your Screen Name
ThaReaper Offline
Mainstay

Thanx for letting me get rid of the 0001. I like this new handle better

#154254 - Thu Jan 23 2003 05:49 PM Re: Changing your Screen Name
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: at the computer
Welcome back Fosse! That name does suit you better, and I am happy to see that you were able to get it back.

ThaReap suits you better too, Reap!
Then extract your wisdom teeth." [/color]

#154255 - Fri Jan 24 2003 06:53 PM Re: Changing your Screen Name
jubjub Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Southern Ontario, Canada
jubjub here, formerly blue, back to jubjub. Thanks for letting me know!

Moderator:  ren33, sue943