Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#154701 - Fri Jan 24 2003 10:06 AM Junk Drawers
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Texas USA
Or as they say in the northeast US, not drawers, but draws!

Here is the Junk Drawer thread. As for me, KEYS! I have keys coming out my ears! And more keys! And, pens from every advertiser in the world.

How about your drawers?

#154702 - Fri Jan 24 2003 12:19 PM Re: Junk Drawers
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ottawa
Ontario Canada
I don't have a junk drawer (or draw!)... mine's more of a junk floor... aka my bedroom floor.

Most of my "junk" is pieces of paper I've scribbled something important on, that no longer makes sense. Bits of story ideas, stanzas I've thought of that I wanted to build a poem around.

#154703 - Fri Jan 24 2003 01:40 PM Re: Junk Drawers
lefois Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kitimat BC 
Canada
How about my drawers! Jar_!

Good thing someone here has a junk drawer or we couldn't continue!

First 3" in the front..........tape (4) new and used and all bunched up so you can't use it without difficulty, white out (new and used), a dried up white-out pen I didn't like, white out thinner, magnifying glass, Elmer's glue, large felt pens, scissors (3), measuring tape(s), cuticle remover, emory board, fuzz, humourous "GST Tax" eraser, various tiny screwdrivers, something moving, (moving back now) well-organized "baggie" full of elastics, "baggie" full of twist ties and bread-bag type plastic closers, "baggie" with various felts and useless pens, "baggie" with bottle openers(!), "baggie" full of curtain hooks and screws, and old door closure from a sundeck door, wood anchors, "baggie" of old key chains & rings, wood glue, various "electrical" attachments for wok and grill, etc., four decks of cards, a slender box of black candles, picture hanging nails in a container!, "baggie" with birthday candles and rosettes, adjustable wrench, level, leather hole-puncher, coupon-cutter, menus from local take-outs, schedule for seasonal hours from the local dump, ....

Well, you get the idea. And that's only what I can see on TOP!

If anyone comes close to this collection..........I'll take a more thorough look!

#154704 - Fri Jan 24 2003 01:58 PM Re: Junk Drawers
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Quote:

something moving, (moving back now)

Uh, Lefois? Moving? I think I'd be concerned about that one!

#154705 - Fri Jan 24 2003 02:00 PM Show me your drawers..
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
I just found at least three busted corkscrews...not that we drink that much wine or anything..we just break them often!
I also found three nutcrackers broken in there...my menfolk love to crack nuts...
I found a mezzaluna..it's an Italian chopping device that looks like a half moon..I used it, inherited it here. But it's deadly.
I found toothpicks, twist ties..
One odd thing, matchbooks from weird restaurants from the sixties! Must be one of my mother in law's things I got...
I've also got those mustard packets...plastic forks and spoons..
I always have chopsticks..we eat with them a lot..got so many from my Chinese students as gifts that I have ivory ones...and everyday.
I have three can openers, but French don't eat from cans often..so none of them works...
It's pretty darn junky in there...

#154706 - Fri Jan 24 2003 03:07 PM Re: Show me your drawers..
MollyGrue Offline
Prolific

Loc: Michigan USA
Well I looked in my junk drawer and found that not only had mice been in it but when our sink overflowed it apparently ran into the drawer, so now most of the stuff is a huge pile of rust and mushy plant spikes.

Here's what I have that was not destroyed...
Winnie the Pooh cookie cutters, Blue thread, Grout sealer, Band aids, Kitty shaped can opener, piece of a pressure cooker, extention cords, kitty nail clippers, hammer, level, 1 unsharpened pencil, christmas light tester, christmas orniment hooks, mini-padlock, flashlight, dog toothpaste, cat toothpaste, rulers, chip clip and dog food supliment (which the mice were eating).

#154707 - Fri Jan 24 2003 05:17 PM Re: Show me your drawers..
fjohn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Wyoming USA Way Out West
Boy, you people are messy! In my junk drawer is a phone book, a pair of pliers, can opener, razor blade scraper, 2 tape measures, 2 baby food jars containing an assortment of nails, a hammer, 4 screw drivers, grocery coupon tote bag, a pad of preprinted grocery lists (I wondered where they went!), 1 large spring clip, assortment of rubber bands and several old grocery receipts.

#154708 - Fri Jan 24 2003 05:20 PM Re: Show me your drawers..
Buffy1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
This is scary, having to confess what I keep in my junk drawers (of which I have many) so I am not going to!! I have a large dresser with three drawers in my kitchen that I recently cleared out and I got a whole black bin bag filled from that! I just hate to throw stuff out until I am forced to!!

#154709 - Fri Jan 24 2003 06:16 PM Re: Show me your drawers..
A Member Offline
Multiloquent

Loc:  
Ladies - I know whose drawers to rumage through when I need something- and if I can't find it there - a certain poster and I will search the floor (also guilty!)

#154710 - Fri Jan 24 2003 06:50 PM Re: Show me your drawers..
lefois Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kitimat BC 
Canada
...and if you STILL can't find it, Fosse, dig up the old "handbags" thread! Sara or I can probably help!

#154711 - Sat Jan 25 2003 03:35 AM Re: Show me your drawers..
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: at the computer
I finally got up the nerve to open mine. I hate opening it because it will never shut again once opened.

I found batteries of several sizes, 2 extension cords, the pencil sharpener I have been looking for, several pencils and ink pens, white out, the Game Boy, a hammer, 2 small screw drivers, a small cow figurine that needs to be glued back together, a couple pictures of dad from when he was in high school, super glue, fingernail polish, outdated coupons, game tickets (to turn in for prizes) from an amusement park, nails, screws and cup hooks,, a nightlight........ I was too scared to keep digging. Fortunately, nothing moved while I was in there!
Then extract your wisdom teeth." [/color]

#154712 - Sat Jan 25 2003 08:18 AM Re: Show me your drawers..
Samantha Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: New Jersey
See, when you deal with an anal retentive obsessed person, you get "junk" drawers like mine: Little plastic boxes and baskets with things in them orderly. One little plastic thing for pens and pencils, one for little screws and fuses, one for various size scissors... etc... and heaven forbid my daughter or husband put a pencil in the scissor bin!

#154713 - Sat Jan 25 2003 10:48 AM Re: Show me your drawers..
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Good Gads Samantha! I thought I was the only one that had an organized junk drawer. Which prompts the question: Is it a junk drawer if it is neat?

Heh,,, heh,,, I just made a typo, and it was a drunk jawer

#154714 - Sat Jan 25 2003 04:54 PM Re: Show me your drawers..
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: at the computer
We tried the little basket method. It didn't work because we couldn't fit as much stuff in there. It is where we put all the little things that don't seem to have a "home" elsewhere, plus we usually end up putting things in there from time to time, simply so we don't have to walk to the other side of the house to put away one little thing.
Then extract your wisdom teeth." [/color]

#154715 - Sat Jan 25 2003 05:15 PM Re: Show me your drawers..
jubjub Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Southern Ontario, Canada
Here we go then: a plastic bag of sandalwood incense sticks, a plastic container full of buttons, scissors, small box of envelopes, measuring tape, a bunch of pens that were giveaways where I work wrapped in a plastic band, a bag with needles, thread, old fabric scraps, assorted dismembered shoulder pads from outfits (they make good stuffers if your shoes are a bit too big),plastic shower curtain hoops - various colours. There's more but this is all I can remember offhand without getting up and looking, but then I would feel like an FT addict, so I'm not going to do that!

Moderator:  ren33, sue943