Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#157166 - Tue Feb 04 2003 07:08 PM Party Pieces
Callybub Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Waterford Ireland
You know when, at that certain time in the lifespan of a party, that everyone shows you their special "talent"? Mine are the touching of my nose with my tongue, my ability to tie a knot in a cherry stalk with my tongue- very Twin Peaks, very Audrey- and the ability to do accents very well with the possible exception of Welsh, though this is improving. I just wondered if anyone had any particular things in this mode that they do.

#157167 - Wed Feb 05 2003 04:20 PM Re: Party Pieces
Tryst Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Mu Mu Land
I can make my eyes squeak and flair my nostrils, by the way Cally can you do a good Irish accent?

#157168 - Wed Feb 05 2003 05:32 PM Re: Party Pieces
Bertho Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Queensland Australia
I can twist my lips up to look like a goldfish and make a 'farting' noise by placing a hand under my armpit and pumping my elbow. The neices love it!

Why am I posting this......... geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz

#157169 - Wed Feb 05 2003 05:55 PM Re: Party Pieces
lefois Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kitimat BC
Canada
I amuse myself with watching others do their "party pieces". I take notes so I can use it at a later date! I only know one joke that I can present with any conviction at all, and if it's NOT karaoke, I'm a bomb!

#157170 - Wed Feb 05 2003 06:43 PM Re: Party Pieces
LordAndry Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Los Angeles
CaliforniaUSA
I am the bomb...
I can sing
I can dance
I can do magic
I'm funny
I'm cute

what can I say...I'm the life of the party

#157171 - Wed Feb 05 2003 06:45 PM Re: Party Pieces
jubjub Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Southern Ontario, Canada
Well, let's see. I can smoke a cigarette backwards, lit end in my mouth. This is only impressive when most of the people have had way too much to drink. I can drive a potato through a straw. My husband used to be able to tear a phone book in half with his bare hands. Phone books were not as thick in the old days!

#157172 - Wed Feb 05 2003 09:20 PM Re: Party Pieces
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: at the computer
I can have one eye crossed and the other one looking straight ahead. I can also cross my eyes, and move just one back and forth so that it looks like they go from crossed to both looking to the left (or right) and then back to crossed again. Nothing really impressive about either trick, but little kids seem to get a kick out of it. Both of those are a result of having 3 study hall periods a day senior year.

I used to be able to knot a cherry stem with my tongue. I haven't tried in about 10 years, so I don't know if I can still do it or not.
Then extract your wisdom teeth." [/color]

#157173 - Thu Feb 06 2003 02:38 AM Re: Party Pieces
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
Let's see, I used to be known for being able to do the splits, then kiss the ground in front of me...very useful. I'm double jointed though as many musicians are.
Now my children have overtaken me....as child one dances and splits are old hat for her, and the little one was born in a weird position and continued his party tricks of putting both ankles behind his neck and getting up like a pretzel.

I can draw with my feet...

I can play two recorders at the same time in harmony...

The funniest one I ever saw was a fellow who told us he could beat anything...then started taking off his shirt...had a third nipple.

Ah anyone else do the "up in the air Junior Birdman"?
You take your hands and make a triangle with the palms facing down, thumbs together and index fingers as well...
then you tilt it up to make the junior birdman helmet thing..
many men don't seem to be able to do it...
The thumbs would make a V shape on your forehead.
In any case, it's a crackup to watch people try it.

Now as I haven't been to a party in a long long time, I'm wondering why I still remember these things.

#157174 - Thu Feb 06 2003 08:55 AM Re: Party Pieces
lefois Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kitimat BC
Canada
I forgot one! Having seen it last night on Guiness Book of World Records........I can BURP on command! ..but it makes me hiccup!

#157175 - Thu Feb 06 2003 10:09 AM Re: Party Pieces
LadyCaitriona Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ottawa
Ontario Canada
LOL We should have a FT Forums party so I can see all of these!

I don't have any "party pieces" myself. I've only been to one party in my life, and that was New Years this year...

#157176 - Thu Feb 06 2003 11:00 AM Re: Party Pieces
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
I can stand on my head for a while, then fall over and break coffee tables or anything else that happens to be in the way.

#157177 - Thu Feb 06 2003 06:18 PM Re: Party Pieces
fjohn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Wyoming USA WayOutWest
Other things that only women can do is stand with heels against a wall and touch their toes. Men can't do this. Lubrication with 90 proof spirits doesn't seem to help us guys.
I can, however, cross my eyes and then move just one eye to look forward. I wish I had an operating video cam to record this. I want to see it, too!
When I was a teen, I could disjoint my shoulders at will which caused my parents to seriously suggest that I was found under a rock and had no relationship to either one of them. Today, if I disjoint a shoulder it means a trip to the hospital.

#157178 - Thu Feb 06 2003 06:40 PM Re: Party Pieces
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:

I can, however, cross my eyes and then move just one eye to look forward. I wish I had an operating video cam to record this. I want to see it, too!

Maybe when we get around to having the FT Forums party, we can stand facing each other, do our little eye trick, and be able to see what it looks like when someone else does it. I've tried looking in the mirror to see what I look like doing it, but I can't really focus on both eyes that way. I've thought about asking someone take a picture of me doing it, so I can see, but I feel like an idiot for even thinking to ask........

I do it by just crossing one eye and keeping the other looking straight ahead.

#157179 - Fri Feb 07 2003 04:44 AM Re: Party Pieces
wez Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Norwich
EnglandUK
On the subject of eyes, I think I mentioned this in a similar thread about a year ago.

I can vibrate both eyes rapidly, side to side, (I haven't managed to do it up and down yet! ). I have no idea how I first came up with the idea to do this, or why I've been given this 'God Given Gift'?

From the old thread, I believe there was one person's sister who was able to do it too. But as far as I know, we're the only two citizens of this planet with this particular party piece......... Unless you know different?

wez

#157180 - Fri Feb 07 2003 07:00 AM Re: Party Pieces
Maynooth Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Western Australia
Jubjub, You said,"I can drive a potato through a straw." Is that a two door or four door potatoe?

Bruyere,
We must have gone to different schools together.
Up in the air Jr Birdmen,
Up in the air upside down,
Up in the air Jr birdmen, keep your noses off the ground.....

It goes on for a couple more verses and is wonderful with the actions.

Babymoo and all you eye people, I call it iguana eyes and it always gets a good reaction for me. I look to the right with both eyes, then bring the right eye in to my nose and follow it with the left eye looking to the left. I think it's a superhero trait.

I can put my hand flat on the table and turn it 450 degrees. Did I mention my hobby is magic?

MotherGoose says she only married me for cheap entertainment.

cheers
Maynooth

#157181 - Fri Feb 07 2003 01:58 PM Re: Party Pieces
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

I went to school with a girl who could vibrate her eyes back and forth,
Wez. That probably makes only 3 of you on the planet. I remember she would do it to teachers if they were getting on to her about something. She would stand there and vibrate her eyes the whole time they were talking to her, but she would never say a word or do any other actions showing that she was mad. They couldn't punish her for angry behavior, because all she was doing was moving her eyes.

#157182 - Fri Feb 07 2003 02:09 PM Re: Party Pieces
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia
Quote:

I can put my hand flat on the table and turn it 450 degrees

Maynooth, I know how you do that, but I won't tell anyone

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#157183 - Thu Feb 13 2003 07:15 AM Re: Party Pieces
ProofReader Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
I couldn't possibly tell you mine here!!!

Instead, I'll tell you about a couple of others I know of: as a kid in Singapore, I knew two Indian sisters who regularly turned their eyelids inside out to shock people - looked awful!

But the best one (or worst - depending on your 'viewpoint'!!!) that I've yet encountered - a friend of mine does what she calls "fanny farts" on command (at pool parties). NOTE: In Oz a 'fanny' is NOT a bottom - it's located a tad further towards the front of the female species.

#157184 - Thu Feb 13 2003 12:55 PM Re: Party Pieces
radioderv Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Ireland
I can do accents, touch my nose with my tongue, and put my elbow behind my head.

Moderator:  ren33, sue943