Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#160190 - Fri Feb 21 2003 09:29 AM Book CLub Quesiton
skylarb Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Virginia USA
'm new here. From some of the post it appears you read and discuss a book each month. Is that true? When does the dsicussion begin? Is there a list of books that will be discussed? What's up next? Thanks.

#160191 - Sat Feb 22 2003 07:42 AM Re: Book CLub Quesiton
TabbyTom Offline

Loc: Hastings Sussex England†UK††††
Hi Skylarb,

Yes, the Book of the Month Club was set up by Jazz. It's been in suspended animation for the last few weeks; but, having been recently appointed as moderator, I'd like to get it going again. I've sent PMs to the existing members today suggesting that we revive the club and asking for their views on the way forward.

When Jazz left us, we were in the middle of Virgil's Aeneid. Since some of our members get at least some of the books from libraries, it's probable that not everyone will still have the Aeneid available. The next book for discussion was to have been "Sense and Sensibility", and I've suggested in my PM's that we re-start with that. "Lord of the Flies" had been suggested (but not, I think, decided on) for the following month.

I've asked our members to post their views in the main "Book of the Month Club" thread, and so please do the same if you have any views or suggestions.

Welcome to the forum. From the quizzes that you've created recently, it's obvious that you'll have a lot of valuable contributions to make to our threads.

Tom

#160192 - Mon Feb 24 2003 10:44 AM Re: Book CLub Quesiton
skylarb Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Virginia USA
Thanks. I posted my two cents under the book club thread, though it's a confusing thread, so I am not sure where in there I posted...anyway, several of the books suggested are good with me. I don't have the Aeneid, though, but I do have Tale of Two Cities, Lord of the Flies, Pickwick Papers, and S&S.

Moderator:  LeoDaVinci, ren33, TabbyTom