Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#160424 - Sat Feb 22 2003 04:32 PM bookmarks
tjoebigham Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Fairhaven Massachusetts USA   
I have a collection of bookmarks. Among them are a whale-shaped marker from the New Bedford library and ones with the manual alphabet for the deaf and "Libraries Change Lives" in languages from German to Braille! I also have ones from places from Martha's Vineyard to Homosassa Springs, Florida. Anyone have bookmarks they love? tjoeb};>

#160425 - Sun Feb 23 2003 03:41 AM Re: bookmarks
Bertho Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Queensland Australia
I've been using the same Qantas boarding pass for about a year. Not the most attractive thing. Perhaps I should upgrade it.

I used to have this cool gold plated Disney thing that looked like a letter opener. It was a confiscated by airline security as they thought it could be sharpened as a weapon. Can you imagine that! Stabbed by a 'Mickeys reading Adventure' bookmarker. How unfortunate.

#160426 - Tue Feb 25 2003 08:07 AM Re: bookmarks
LindaC007 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: North Carolina USA
Oh, I'm sorry about your Mickey bookmark, Bertho. It sounds a little over zealous to me, too.

My favorite bookmark was a Christmas 2001 gift from my baby brother. It's black leather with gold leaf stamped on it.

#160427 - Tue Feb 25 2003 05:29 PM Re: bookmarks
janefan Offline
Forum Adept

I used to have a bookmark with a cute little plastic mouse attached, so when you closed the book it looked like it was sitting on top! Lost it a couple of years ago.

Moderator:  LeoDaVinci, ren33, TabbyTom