Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#166307 - Wed Apr 02 2003 10:16 PM Family/Friends in the line of fire?
DieHard Offline
Prolific

Loc: Louisiana USA
My nephew was just deployed to Iraq with the 4th ID. Called the "Iron Horse" division, the 4th is a heavy division (tanks and stuff) and will probably be in the thick of hostilities as we approach Baghdad.

Just wondering about other family and friends of FT members that are in the region. I would be interested in hearing about their experiences, the companies they are serving with, etc. Let's keep all the troops in our prayers. I think things are going very well and hopefully this will be over soon with as few casualties as possible.

#166308 - Thu Apr 03 2003 01:08 AM Re: Family/Friends in the line of fire?
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel†Islands††††
It is worrying when it is a person that you know who is in the conflict, it brings it closer to home. I am sure we all wish your nephew a speedy and safe return.

I only know one person who is over there at present, perhaps 'know' is not the correct word as I used to know him, he was a young child who used to live over the road when I moved to this area, he is now 19 and in Iraq. Jeremy is the former step-son of a good friend of mine.

#166309 - Thu Apr 03 2003 03:30 AM Re: Family/Friends in the line of fire?
ThaReaper Offline
Mainstay

I currently have 5 friends. I would be there right next to them but I'm not allowed due to health reasons. I wish all the members and their family members that have someone in this war a warm welcome home when this war is over.

#166310 - Thu Apr 03 2003 03:47 AM Re: Family/Friends in the line of fire?
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:

he is now 19 and in Iraq

Sad, isn't it? God, they're still babies.

#166311 - Thu Apr 03 2003 03:56 AM Re: Family/Friends in the line of fire?
ThaReaper Offline
Mainstay

Yes they are but what some people think around here it doesnt matter becuse they "they knew what they were getting into when they joined" which is total BS to think that way in my opinion. Ugh still mad about a post I read sorry...

#166312 - Thu Apr 03 2003 12:48 PM Re: Family/Friends in the line of fire?
Lanni Offline
Prolific

Loc: Brooklyn New†York†USA††
Iím not sure what the exact count is but I have five relatives that Iím certain are in Iraq.

I have quite a few friends in the military but I havenít spoken to most of them in about a year so Iím not too sure how many, if any, are in Iraq.

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943