Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#166431 - Thu Apr 03 2003 09:30 PM If you could make a shrine to your favorite book, what would you make?
AmericanCutie8 Offline
Learning the ropes...

I thought this could be a fun little poll.

I would make a website for one of my favorite books, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." The book is about a group of girls that are about to embark on their first summer apart, and they have been friends for their whole life. One of the girls bought a pair of jeans at a thrift store, and somehow, this one pair of jeans fits all of the girls' different body shapes. They all decide to share the jeans and send them to each other and write about their experiences. It's a really great book. There's going to be a sequel out soon as well as a movie based on the first book. I am so excited. OK! Your turn!

#166432 - Fri Apr 04 2003 03:19 PM Re: If you could make a shrine to your favorite book, what would you make?
skylarb Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Virginia USA
I'd write my own sequel, I guess, since I'm doing it.

#166433 - Fri Apr 04 2003 05:25 PM Re: If you could make a shrine to your favorite book, what would you make?
tjoebigham Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Fairhaven Massachusetts USA   
This post reminds me of Francois Truffaut's 60's New Wave classic "The 400 Blows", where Jean Leaud, the juvenile lead, builds a little shrine to his favorite author, Balzac.

Believe everything you hear about the world; nothing is too impossibly bad. Honore de Balzac

tjoeb};>

#166434 - Sun Apr 06 2003 03:14 PM Re: If you could make a shrine to your favorite book, what would you make?
Bertho Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Queensland Australia
A book case probably

Moderator:  LeoDaVinci, ren33, TabbyTom