Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#167084 - Thu Apr 13 2006 09:22 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
AnyaAngie Offline
Participant

Loc: Perryopolis, PA USA
Hi! Boy am I glad I found this forum, I never would have seen it if the site weren't temporarily under maintenance!

I am having a bit of a problem. I have two quizzes, one which I tried to submit previously, then because of a misunderstanding with an editor I deleted it, thinking that was what they wanted me to do. I created a more acceptable quiz, in a completely different category, and the same editor suggested I create the first quiz again and submit it, at least that was the impression I got. So I did, and asked what they wanted me to do, and they replied that I should submit the first quiz first and second quiz second. The day before yesterday, I received a message saying that I should submit the second quiz first. Which quiz do they want? I wish they'd make up their minds!

#167085 - Thu Apr 13 2006 10:27 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: at the computer
When an editor works with an author on a quiz and the quiz is then deleted, it is frustrating (and lost time for the editor). While we all enjoy helping authors get their quizzes online, we need the authors to work with us. An editor would never suggest deleting a quiz as opposed to fixing the errors and resubmitting. In the future, as a suggestion, (for every quiz maker who reads this), don't delete the quiz because of a rejection note.

My suggestion would be to send a politely worded note to the editor in question. We are all here to help. Occasionally we have a big workload, which may cause crossed wires in communication.

Moo [Hobbies Editor]
Then extract your wisdom teeth." [/color]

#167086 - Thu Apr 13 2006 10:37 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
AnyaAngie Offline
Participant

Thanks very much for replying.

I suppose I was so used to another site that I didn't understand how to deal with the editor here. I mean, the other site is so much simpler, you just type and publish and that's it. So the questions that were rejected here, I put in a quiz, from another site, of the same name, along with the acceptable ones. Of course I'm still interested in having the quiz on this site if it can ever get off the ground.

Edited to remove name of another site.

Edited by sue943 (Tue Apr 25 2006 08:33 AM)

#167087 - Thu Apr 13 2006 11:57 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

As I mentioned, send a note to the editor asking what he or she would like for you to do. Mention that you have put the questions that were rejected on another site. That fact will change things, since the questions are already online somewhere else. By submitting them here, you will be taking questions from another website, even though they are your own. FT material is copyrighted.

Be patient, and enjoy the quiz creation process. It takes time and practice to get the hang of it.

Edited by Moo (Tue Apr 25 2006 11:20 AM)

#167088 - Thu Apr 13 2006 12:50 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
AnyaAngie Offline
Participant

Not to worry, they're not online yet. I still have to make some graphics befitting the 4 different results! I love making graphics so that's why they're not online just yet.

#167089 - Thu Apr 13 2006 01:05 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

You may need to check with someone before submitting them to the other place. Once they have been submitted, they may already be subject to copyright, even if they are later deleted. I am not sure of the fine print on this, but from what I understand, they become property of FT as soon as they are submitted. Your best bet would be to resubmit the quiz here and take the necessary action to get the quiz online.

#167090 - Thu Apr 13 2006 01:48 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Anya_Angie, what is your name on the quiz side of Funtrivia?

#167091 - Thu Apr 13 2006 03:03 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
AnyaAngie Offline
Participant

It's the same username on the main site.

I settled it, apparently I misread the editor's message, instead of saying I should submit the Plushenko quiz first they suggested the Film Scores quiz first. So I did. Hopefully things will be better now.

#167092 - Thu Apr 13 2006 03:57 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
There is no account with the name Anya_Angie. I just checked and it is AnyaAngie

#167093 - Fri Apr 14 2006 12:14 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
AnyaAngie Offline
Participant

Ok, thanks, I am so used to an underscore in it.

#167094 - Sun Apr 23 2006 12:16 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
AnyaAngie Offline
Participant

I found a more appropriate place for my Plushenko quiz. Since it is not submitted here, would it be all right if I submitted it there?

You can keep the film score quiz of course. It's already submitted, I wouldn't dream of taking it away from you.

Edited to remove names of site. It wasn't necessary to name them.

Edited by sue943 (Sun Apr 23 2006 06:46 AM)

#167095 - Fri Apr 28 2006 04:28 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
hollandist Offline
Explorer

This is very interesting the whole quiz rejection thing. Sue, take a tip, tone down. Kidding. I think... nah jokes.
Anyway with my quiz that eventually had me blocked from the actual quiz part of Quizzyland. I had no constructive critisim send back, just all this "useful" information that made no sense whatsoever and really made me, not the quiz in general, really downgraded. And I have complained. A lot of times to Sue, but no response whatsoever. We, in the household, cannot log in to Funtrivia on the usual quiz thing. Sue, a response would be greatly appreciated. (paulfrank_008)

#167096 - Fri Apr 28 2006 07:17 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
sue943 Offline

Administrator

I will not reproduce here the message that you sent to one of our editors. Our editors are all volunteers and willingly give their free time to edit, what they don't need is rude messages nor abuse. I am not accusing you of sending an abusive message but the one that you did send is not acceptable.

Your family have you to blame for not being able to log on to Funtrivia, not me.

#167097 - Sun May 28 2006 04:21 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
joe999 Offline
Learning the ropes...

Hi there, I submitted a quiz a couple of months ago and it was rejected. I filled out the box saying I don't think it should be rejected etc and got a reply from diamondlance saying that you couldn't find my quiz. I can't find it either. Any idea where it has gone.
It was a quiz on final fantasy VII

#167098 - Sun May 28 2006 04:37 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
agony Offline

Administrator

Hmmm, there's no sign of it. If it was long enough ago, and you did no work on it, it would have been automatically deleted by the system. Sorry about that, you'll have to start from scratch.

By the way, using the "Not an Error" box to communicate with editors is not a good idea. First of all, if an editor has things he wishes you to change on your quiz, then they are indeed errors, and must be dealt with. Second, editors may not see that message for quite some time - if you do not resubmit the quiz, they will NEVER see it. If there is something in a rejection note that you wish to discuss with your editor, click on 'reply' and send a note directly.
We are willing to discuss things with you, but keep in mind that editors have seen thousands of quizzes, and have a very good idea of what will and will not work in our system. If we ask you to do something, chances are there is a good reason for it.

#167099 - Mon Aug 28 2006 04:03 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz [Re: Linda1]
Anonymous
No longer registered

Hi,
How is everyone doing? Should we always get a rejection notice? Hope everyone understands the question. I've corrected the things that were sent to me in the notes. Then the other night when online, I noticed it said someone was editing my quiz. I later found on the site the list of editors, a different one than the one who sent the notes.
They haven't sent me anything though about things I need to correct.

#167100 - Mon Aug 28 2006 04:24 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz
sue943 Offline

Administrator

There is no member on the other part of the site with your name. We ask that you use the same name in all parts of the site so that we know who you are. Without your username we cannot answer your question properly. Are you AmyR2? That one is coming on the same IP address.

Edited by sue943 (Mon Aug 28 2006 04:26 PM)

#167101 - Mon Aug 28 2006 05:28 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz [Re: sue943]
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
I'm thinking that when you checked your quiz, an editor was taking a look at it, but that editor did not necessarily make a correction and send it to you.
We have a protective thing that makes sure that if someone is editing a quiz, the other person doesn't try to touch it at the same time.

If you're working on your quiz and it's been submitted, then, I might be checking things in the queue and see that you were working on it, and wait until you'd finished. If you are checking your quiz with the edit function and you see that editorXyZ is working on this quiz..etc. then, you know that someone's having a look.

Does this make sense? It's a great way to avoid overrunning each other's corrections by the way!

Bruyere, funtrivia.com editor.

#167102 - Tue Aug 29 2006 06:14 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz [Re: Bruyere]
agony Offline

Administrator

Another editor may have been doing something small that you didn't need to be notified about - changing category, for instance. If you don't get a note about it, don't worry about it.

#167103 - Sun Sep 17 2006 10:28 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz [Re: agony]
boji8 Offline
Participant

Loc: Washington USA
Hello. I made a quiz not too long ago. When i submitted it, i got my first letter from my editor. And a couple more to follow. When my quiz got put online it looked so much better than the first draft i submitted. My editor was awesome. My editor was very helpful. I learned alot. I never felt mad or dicouraged. I felt grateful i had help making my quiz look the best it could look. My editor was the best tool i could have had. Thank you again.

Edited by boji8 (Sun Sep 17 2006 10:30 AM)

#167104 - Wed Sep 20 2006 06:22 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz [Re: boji8]
jarsma63 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Michigan USA  
I just sent my first quiz for approval--hopefully it meets the guidelines.
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love (1 Cor 13:13).

#167105 - Fri Jun 01 2007 11:12 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz [Re: jarsma63]
sukimojo Offline
Participant

Loc: Livingston, Scotland
I wrote a quiz and it went well but then just as i was about to send it, my internet connection went, i saved the page and when i got the internet back i sent the quiz. I wasn't sure if it had worked or not but it tells you to only send it once. I thought it looked important that you didn't do that so i didn't. After a few days i went back to have a look for it and it wasn't there. I thought it musn't have worked so i tried to re-write the quiz. I was then told that i had already submitted a quiz the same as this one so i couldn't continue. I tried at the queztions bit about making quizes and it said to look at the "My Stats" page. I did and i couldn't see anything about a quiz anywhere and now i'm quite perplexed!!

#167106 - Fri Jun 01 2007 11:28 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz [Re: sukimojo]
morrigan Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan USA
Try and go to "My quizzes: Edit"

That will list all quizzes-online and offline and submitted.

Morrigan

#167107 - Fri Jun 01 2007 12:56 PM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz [Re: morrigan]
agony Offline

Administrator

Is that your 'Bec" quiz? It is not currently submitted, so you should go back into the edit screen and try again.

By the way, that quiz belongs in the Darren Shan category, so you might as well put it in the right place while you are at it. Just change the pull down menu to Authors Q - S, save, and then go back into the edit screen and find Darren Shan, and save again.

#167108 - Sat Jun 02 2007 09:18 AM Re: If you get a rejection notice on a quiz [Re: sukimojo]
stuthehistoryguy Offline
Prolific

Loc: Omaha Nebraska USA      
Quote:

I wrote a quiz and it went well but then just as i was about to send it, my internet connection went, i saved the page and when i got the internet back i sent the quiz. I wasn't sure if it had worked or not but it tells you to only send it once. I thought it looked important that you didn't do that so i didn't. After a few days i went back to have a look for it and it wasn't there. I thought it musn't have worked so i tried to re-write the quiz. I was then told that i had already submitted a quiz the same as this one so i couldn't continue. I tried at the queztions bit about making quizes and it said to look at the "My Stats" page. I did and i couldn't see anything about a quiz anywhere and now i'm quite perplexed!!

Yet another reason to do drafts of your quizzes on an offline word processor Good luck - it's very frustrating to lose things to a faulty internet connection. Unfortunately, I've been there.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  agony, gtho4