Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#167716 - Fri Apr 11 2003 04:30 PM Some of the Brits are home already, some are going
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Some of the Tornado pilots are back in Britain, they have finished their work.

Earlier today a group of young army officers graduated from Sandhurst, the military college, and many will be taking up their first commands in time to travel out to Iraq.

#167717 - Fri Apr 11 2003 05:08 PM Re: Some of the Brits are home already, some are going
wez Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Norwich
England UK        
Sue,

Yep, saw the Tornados arrive back at Leuchars. A four-ship wasn't it?, may have been 3 and we missed one??

What was your source for the 'new recruits' from Sandhurst travelling to Iraq for thier first Command?

(BBC?........The reason I ask is because you usually,quite rightly, tell us?)

wez

#167718 - Fri Apr 11 2003 05:33 PM Re: Some of the Brits are home already, some are g
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
I saw it on the telly, I think it was ITN but it could have been BBC or Sky, in fact I am almost sure it was ITN. They showed the graduating group and said that most could be going out to Iraq within weeks. I looked to see if I could see the story on the web but it isn't there.

#167719 - Sat Apr 12 2003 03:49 PM Re: Some of the Brits are home already, some are g
A Member Offline
Multiloquent

Loc:  
Sue - The Brits have carried out their duties (as far as we can tell from the reports) strictly within the guidelines they have been given - their targets have been achieved with minimal civilian loss of life (so far!) and have paved the way for the US troops to advance securing supply lines etc. I can't fault their operational skills (have doubts as to wether they should have been used) but if the "war" results in a democratic Irac then it will have been worth it. I'll reserve judgement on the campaigns values but highly praise the UK troops who took part.

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943