Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#171460 - Fri May 09 2003 10:48 AM Nude Tennis Anyone?
chelseabelle Offline
Star Poster

Loc: New York USA
So, do people think this will catch on and become a new trend? Will this sort of thing be the reality show of the future?

Nude tennis tourney set for Webcast

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) --Naked tennis, anyone? A Florida nudist colony is planning what it's calling the first-ever webcast of a nude tennis tournament.

For a fee of $10-$13, Internet surfers can go to http://www.TennisInTheBuff.com and watch on demand the two-hour tournament after it's played Sunday.

Twenty naked tennis players are competing for a $2,000 prize in front of 100 naked spectators. A tape of the event will be edited to make sure that all who appear nude have given their consent, then the event will be quickly posted to the Web site.

Sponsors like Miller Lite have been lined up, and organizers, anticipating success, are already planning subsequent tournaments, including naked volleyball and naked karaoke.

"Maybe we'll make the karaoke one interactive," said Donald Whalen of the recently formed Florida company the Nudist Webcasting Network. "Like a nude 'American Idol."'

There are about 150,000 nudists in the United States and, hopefully, there are many who are curious enough to pay to see some of them in all their naked glory, said Elf Anderson, marketing director at Florida's Lake Como Nudist Resort, where the tournament will be played.

The resort and its partner, West Grove Nature Preserve and Sports Center, will split revenue from the event with the Nudist Webcasting Network.

Those who seek out the video should not expect to see Playboy models, Anderson said. In fact, the competitors, both male and female, are fine athletes but fairly average looking. "We want to show nudism in its true state," she said.
http://cnn.com

Personally I'd like to have the sunscreen concession at this tournament. One could rake in a bundle.

#171461 - Fri May 09 2003 11:00 AM Re: Nude Tennis Anyone?
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
It makes my eyes water just at the thought of it, they didn't invent sports bras for the sake of it, there is a market for them - they stop painful 'bouncing about'. As for the mens matches, the mind boggles at the thought of it, hilarious! Sorry guys but it would be funny, very funny.

#171462 - Fri May 09 2003 11:14 AM Re: Nude Tennis Anyone?
Lanni Offline
Prolific

Loc: Brooklyn New York USA  
Darn! I want first dubs on the sunscreen concession stand.

What is the point of this?

Females? Unless they are flat-chested, I can't see why they'd subject themselves to the torture of nude tennis or volleyball.

#171463 - Fri May 09 2003 11:25 AM Re: Nude Tennis Anyone?
Tryst Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Mu Mu Land
New balls please!

#171464 - Fri May 09 2003 11:30 AM Re: Nude Tennis Anyone?
ericaC Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Minnesota / Iowa USA
This kind of thing is happening at my arch-rival college in Iowa, Luther. (Unofficial) nude soccer- shudder. Who would have thought that the craziness of California would taint the nice, quiet Midwest?

#171465 - Fri May 09 2003 11:33 AM Re: Nude Tennis Anyone?
Coolupway Offline
Prolific

I have a terrible confession to make here.

I like to look at women. Especially unclothed ones.

I feel I have remained silent about this undeniable part of my nature for too long. I am indeed a man in a man's body.

Other men may like to look at fishing gear or gas grills. Me, I'll take a naked lady any time. Shape, size, height--- doesn't matter. Clothes off, eyes ON!

So naked ladies playing tennis would theoretically be right up my alley. The only problem with this is that it seems there will be guys strutting around in the buff as well. I mean, I'm a bit of an aesthete and all, and I love the sculpture of Michelangelo and Bernini, but that notwithstanding, guys basically look pretty goofy with their 'nads bouncing around.

So I think I will have to give this one a pass.

#171466 - Fri May 09 2003 11:37 AM Re: Nude Tennis Anyone?
sue943 Offline

Administrator

See, even a man agrees with me - I rest my case m'lud.

#171467 - Sat May 17 2003 05:13 PM Re: Nude Tennis Anyone?
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
I would try it but I don't think I could stand the fallout it would cause.

#171468 - Sun May 18 2003 05:29 AM Re: Nude Tennis Anyone?
sue943 Offline

Administrator

That 'fall out' presumably would be all the ladies falling out of their chairs laughing!

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943