Although this forum is generally fun, we do have a few guidelines we ask that you all adhere to, in addition to the main FT Forums Guidelines (found here: <a href="http://www.funtrivia.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=518&an=0&page=0#518)." target="_blank">http://www.funtrivia.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=518&an=0&page=0#518).</a>
1. Writing with proper capitalisation. Please don't write in all CAPS LOCK or all lower case as it makes the posts difficult to read.
2. Try to use proper spelling. We all make typos (some more than others). But don't intentionally type things wrong like 'c' instead of 'see' or '2' instead of 'to'. These sorts of things makes it difficult for a lot of people to read. Even people who have been on the internet for years have trouble reading this type of writing. And don't forget, we have a LOT of people on the site whose native language isn't English!
3. Try and make sure your post has some substance to it. Don't just say things like 'me too' and such - why not tell us WHY you agree?
4. Try not to spoil Movies, TV shows or other things for other people. If you want to say something which may spoil it for others, try writing "SPOILER". You don't need to add a ton of lines in between, just writing it at the top of your post will be helpful.
- A spoiler is any sort of information which 'gives away' the story for someone who has not yet seen it.
5. Please don't use excessive punctuation. You really don't need 30 exclamation points or 40 '...' Also, please don't write without spaces as it messes up the way the pages are displayed.
6. Watch your language. We all know things slip out once in a while (and if they do, please go back to your post and correct it), but just remember to keep your language at the G/PG rating level.
7. Duplicate threads. Please do NOT post a series of threads on very similar subjects. Check to see if there is a similar thread which is current, that is to say within the past month. Duplicated/very similar threads will be closed.
8. No plagiarism. If you want to quote from another source, please do it properly.
Thanks for reading and happy posting!
Edited by ladymacb29 (Mon Aug 24 2009 06:23 PM)
"Without the darkness, how would we see the light?" ~ Tuvok
Editor for Television Category