Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#193776 - Wed Sep 17 2003 04:56 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
capricorn2 Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: British Columbia Canada      
As a former member of FT, I also wish to express my sincere condolences to Gun's family and his family of friends at FunTrivia.

I know he was an integral part of FT and he will be missed by all of you.

#193777 - Wed Sep 17 2003 08:07 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
Kelly, I posted the following message in the Editor's Forum yesterday but since you probably don't have access to that, I am reproducing it here. As you can see by the many posts, your father was highly respected, greatly loved and will be missed by people all over the world.

"I didn't know Gunslinger very well but he was very helpful to me when I first became an editor. I am so sorry to hear this news and would like to pass on my condolences to his loved ones. He will be greatly missed."

#193778 - Wed Sep 17 2003 08:52 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
SilverMoonsong Offline

Loc: Morrisville North Carolina USA
Thanks, MamaGoose. I don't have access to the editor's forum. Is it possible for someone to either email me those or maybe allow me temp access to read those? I would like to see them.

I hope you all realize just how much a part of his life you all were. His memorial would not be comlpete without FunTrivia. I know of one member coming up from Philadelphia. I hope a few more might be able to make it. If anyone else is in the Philly area, maybe you guys could get together and car pool. I would love to see you all.

I was thinking of printing up all the comments and putting them out for the Memorial Service. I have all his medals, his Bachelor's degree, some really great pictures, a wonderful large picture of him with his police buddies from 1961... I have his retired police badge... all of these will be placed around the room for the service. Any remembrances from you guys would be a wonderful addition for people to see.

You can post them here or send them to me in a PM.

Thanks

Kelly

#193779 - Wed Sep 17 2003 09:02 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
rogue Offline
Mainstay

My condolences and thoughts go out to his family and friends.
It's sad to read of this tragic loss. Though we never crossed paths in the short time I've been here, it's apparent from what I've read that Gunslinger contributed much of his time and himself to making this a great second home for many of us.
Making others happy- that's what it's all about.
RIP, Larry.

#193780 - Wed Sep 17 2003 10:25 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
ette Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Pasadena California USA
Gunslinger banned my IPS#(not sure if that is right) which was the same as some foul mouthed teen. It took me weeks to convince him I was a 42 year old woman (with the help of Mak and Cool). When he was convinced he sent me a nice apology note what a class act.

#193781 - Thu Sep 18 2003 05:49 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
It is most moving to me to see the contributions of ex members of FT to this thread. I think that is much appreciated by many of us.

#193782 - Thu Sep 18 2003 07:21 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
gtho4 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
>>posted by ren33:
It is most moving to me to see the contributions of ex members of FT to this thread. I think that is much appreciated by many of us.

I would like to echo those sentiments.

>>posted by Silver Moonsong:
Is it possible for someone to either email me those or maybe allow me temp access to read those? I would like to see them.

Kelly, it's done .. have a look at the bottom of the Main Page. You may remember some names in there from your days as a mod and an editor. May your father's soul R.I.P.

#193783 - Thu Sep 18 2003 07:33 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
Linda1 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Munchkinland
Quote:

>>posted by ren33:

I would like to echo those sentiments.

I'd also like to echo those sentiments. It means a lot to see the messages that you are posting in here. It is very much appreciated by many of us. Thank you, everyone.

#193784 - Thu Sep 18 2003 08:36 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
gtho4 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
Quizzyland submissions are suspended for the week:
    FunTrivia's chief editor Larry Worth (aka "Gunslinger" on FunTrivia) passed away this past weekend. His tremendous contributions and presence on this website will be missed by all. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends. No new quizzes shall be accepted this week.

We shall accept new quiz submissions again next week.

The FunTrivia Editors
http://www.funtrivia.com/quiznew.cfm

#193785 - Thu Sep 18 2003 09:16 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
root17 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Rochester New York USA 
Very sorry to hear of Gunslinger's passing. When I was a newbie here he helped me straighten out a password problem (I was registered but my password wouldn't work). It's always nice to deal with a class act like he was.

#193786 - Thu Sep 18 2003 02:39 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
draculanut31 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Waterford New Jersey USA    
I would also like to extend my condolences to his family and close friends. I am another member who, when I needed help, received it very kindly from Gunslinger. He was very kind to me during that incident and I appreciated it very much. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

#193787 - Thu Sep 18 2003 09:11 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
SilverMoonsong Offline

A good friend of mine sent this to me...

"For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?

And what is to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.

And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.

And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."

Kahlil Gibran

#193788 - Fri Sep 19 2003 07:19 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
SilverMoonsong Offline

http://www.c-n.com/news/backstories.pl?paper=22&id=812440

Larry E. Worth Jr, 62, retired police sergeant

Published in the Courier News on September 19, 2003

SOMERVILLE -- Larry E. Worth Jr., 62, died suddenly Tuesday (Sept. 16, 2003) at his residence in Somerville.

He was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., and was formerly of Bound Brook before moving to Somerville more than 40 years ago. Larry was a retired sergeant for the Bridgewater Police Department for more than 20 years where he was chief of detectives.

Larry graduated from Rutgers University with a BS degree. He was a veteran of the Air Force during the Korean War, where he received the Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star with a `V' for Valor, Purple Heart and four Army Air Medal awards.

He was a mason of Solomon's Lodge in Somerville, a member of the A.O.H. of Somerset County, Aircraft Owners and Polots Association, American Order of Pilots, retired secretary of the state and Local PBA 174. Larry was an avid reader and especially enjoyed working with computers and riding his motor cycle and will be sadly missed by his family and friends.

Surviving are his daughter Kelly Sepelak, son Michael Lawrence, fiancee Eileen Blanchfield and a granddaughter Sydney Ann.

Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Saturday at the Bruce C. VanArsdale Funeral Home, 101 N. Gaston Ave., Somerville. Cremation will be private.

Memorial contributions in his name may be made to Bridgewater PBA No. 174, P.O. Box 6174, Bridgewater, NJ 08807.

from the Courier News

Published on September 19, 2003

#193789 - Sat Sep 20 2003 09:25 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
chelseabelle Offline
Star Poster

Loc: New York USA
Such very sad news.

Gunslinger was one of the very first people I met at this site--and he was certainly one of the reasons I became involved with getting these Forums up and running. His contributions were invaluable and his guiding hand was always mature and sure and firm. He could always be counted on for sensible thoughtful advice and an encouraging word. As long as these Forums remain, I think that GS will always be here with us in memory.

Kelly, please accept my deepest sympathies. Your father was a warm, witty, intelligent friend. I shall miss him. He really managed to touch lives all over the globe with his contributions at FT. He was a very special guy.

#193790 - Sat Sep 20 2003 06:05 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
silverginger Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: St. Meinrad Indiana USA      
May GS rest in peace. I have not said anything outside of a private forum, but I feel it's necessary to do so. Such a private man who never let on how distinguished he really was! Excellent nature. He will be missed, but we will go on in his memory. RIP.

#193791 - Sun Sep 21 2003 07:22 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
DakotaNorth Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
Gun's memorial service was very nice. I had the opportunity to meet Eileen and Kelly, and both are very sweet people.

I learned at the service that Gun had graduated in 1977 from Rutger's University with a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice; and that he was honorably discharged from the Air Force in 1964. He worked for the Pinkerton Detective agency for quite a few years, and he was the sergeant in charge of the detectives of the Bridgewater Police Department.

Looking at the pictures of Gun, I saw that he was a very, very handsome man.

It's hard to believe that a man of this caliber has passed on...may he always rest in peace.

#193792 - Sun Sep 21 2003 07:33 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Thanks for that, DN, I am so glad we were represented at the service. He would have been glad. I am grateful to you for that.

#193793 - Sun Sep 21 2003 07:58 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
superferd Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Boca Raton
Florida USA  
That was very nice Lisa. I am glad that you went and I am sure his family did as well

#193794 - Sun Sep 21 2003 09:42 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
vikan Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Winter Park Florida USA  
I am sure Gun's family was pleased to see FT represented at his service. Thanks

#193795 - Sun Sep 21 2003 01:51 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
Linda1 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Munchkinland
Eileen asked that this be posted in the forums. I agree that she's a very sweet lady, and my heart goes out to her, Kelly and the rest of Gun's family.

Quote:

Hello all,

I am Eileen, Larry's fiance. I would like to thank everyone for their nice
thoughts and postings on Larry's passing. I know he thought of many of you as
friends.

He was a special man who could guide you when he thought it was needed or just
let you run with it when he thought that was needed, as well.

He knew when to leave well enough alone.

I'm sorry I don't have much more to add.

Thank you for your nice thoughts and thank you Dakota North and Junior the Jaws
for taking the time to come to the memorial service today. Thank you for Linda1
for the beautiful flowers as well.

#193796 - Wed Sep 24 2003 08:14 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
CellarDoor Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Seattle
  Washington USA   
I've been away for the last few weeks and didn't find out until Heather was kind enough to tell me this morning. I was shocked and very saddened to hear this news. There's really very little I can add to the beautiful sentiments expressed here; no profound poems leap to mind, nor do any particularly telling anecdotes. All I can say is that he was one of the first people at FunTrivia who I met; he was the one who gave me a slot as an editor, who believed in me, who was a mentor to me and to every other editor on the roster today. I knew a wise and fair man and I know that we will all miss him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Kelly and Eileen, and to the rest of your family. Thank you so much for coming by and allowing us to extend our sympathies.

#193797 - Wed Sep 24 2003 09:05 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
Lanni Offline
Prolific

Loc: Brooklyn New York USA  
I’d like to echo the sentiments already expressed and send my condolences to the Worth family.

#193798 - Sat Sep 27 2003 09:29 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
TejasJoe Offline
Learning the ropes...

This Was Really Sad News To Me. Heartfelt Sympathies To Gunslinger's Family and world of friends. My past experience within Funtrivia and the honor to know him and learn from him if only in "CyberSpace" has never been forgotten. A Good man indeed.

TexasJoe An Ol' Adversary in "Challenges" A while back,

#193799 - Sat Sep 27 2003 11:40 PM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
TJ, it is good to see you here. Gun would have been glad to see you. XX

#193800 - Sun Sep 28 2003 12:01 AM Re: Sad News - Gunslinger
SilverMoonsong Offline

Joe, good to see you. Thanks for stopping in to see us, and say goodbye to my dad.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943