Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#203996 - Sun Nov 30 2003 12:35 AM Daily game difficulty
Terry Offline
Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Daily game questions have been made statistically slightly easier.
You probably won't notice much of a difference though.

T

#203997 - Sun Nov 30 2003 01:54 AM Re: Daily game difficulty
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Oh, no! Now I'm embarrassed ! The questions are slightly easier and I'm still missing half of them!

#203998 - Sun Nov 30 2003 04:39 AM Re: Daily game difficulty
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Was it just me or did anyone else notice that the bottom half of the page was missing where you use to be able to check to see if your friends in your friends list had played the daily quiz?
I hope it isn't gone forever as I enjoyed seeing how my friends and I did that day on the quiz.
Thanks.
PF

#203999 - Sun Nov 30 2003 08:56 AM Re: Daily game difficulty
Terry Offline
Head Honcho

Yes, the old "friends" concept has been removed entirely, and replaced with a more complete "group" concept. You can ask your friends to join a group that you create.

http://www.funtrivia.com/friends.cfm

Terry

#204000 - Sun Nov 30 2003 09:25 AM Re: Daily game difficulty
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Thanks Terry. I figured it out and have a group now.Looks like it could be good fun.
PF

#204001 - Mon Dec 01 2003 10:22 AM Re: Daily game difficulty
thejazzkickazz Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Utah USA
Terry...the last couple games I have played have pretty much been par for the course. What is it that you have done to adjust the games? I'm skeptical that you could engineer it to make it any easier or more difficult than it was previously. If you based it on percent correct for certain questions in the database, that probably won't work...the results are skewed based on times played, compunction to look answers up, familiarity of topic, etc.

On a completely different topic...is it possible to set a regular time for resetting the daily game. Again, the scores are reaching stratospheric heights. The 'game' loses its flavor once new quiz scores only marginally affect total accumulated scores.

#204002 - Mon Dec 01 2003 11:01 AM Re: Daily game difficulty
Terry Offline
Head Honcho

1. questions that have been played by more people than average per unit time with scores higher than average are "easier". Not perfect, but it tends to work rather well. As I said, the tweak was very slight. I'll continue to adjust things.

2. Yes. Daily games are going to be broken into "tournaments" pretty soon, with a tournament lasting 30 days. All daily scores will be reset every 30 days, with the previous winners posted.

T

#204003 - Mon Dec 01 2003 01:17 PM Re: Daily game difficulty
thejazzkickazz Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Utah USA
That sounds like an interesting idea Terry. Are you concerned about potential cheaters though? It seems that every time a game is made 'official', and records are taken, people find myriad ways to cheat.

My preference would be to just keep it for fun...but I'm afraid most people will want to open it up as a 'real' competition.

#204004 - Tue Dec 02 2003 12:38 AM Re: Daily game difficulty
Terry Offline
Head Honcho

> Are you concerned about potential cheaters though?

No. The current daily game system with its multiple divisions was designed specifically to make cheating a ridiculously complicated task. Since there are still no prizes, it would be an even more of an utter waste of time.

Terry

Moderator:  agony