Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#24210 - Tue Jul 11 2000 07:05 AM Find Lyrics!
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
I have a challenge to whoever wants it! Can anyone find me the lyrics to the song by the Collectors called "Lydia Purple"! I have been all over the net and had no success and the page that I found that said it would send them hasn't! I would appreciate it as I like the song and would like to have a copy of the lyrics! Thanks! PURPLE FAN

#24211 - Fri Jul 14 2000 02:46 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
Gunslinger Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Somerville New Jersey USA     
I can see why you're having a helluva time with this. There are little 'tickles' about it in several places, but nothing as concrete as lyrics. Still looking.

------------------
Gunslinger
'I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace, where never lark or even eagle flew'

#24212 - Fri Jul 14 2000 07:21 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Gunslinger: You are a real sweetheart for trying to help me!I have been almost driven to drink in my quest to find these lyrics! I wish you success! I appreciate your help! Thank you ! PURPLE FAN

#24213 - Fri Jul 14 2000 09:48 PM Re: Find Lyrics!
Linda1 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Munchkinland
I've been looking for an answer for you as well, but have come up against several dead ends.

I hope someone here can answer this one!

#24214 - Fri Jul 14 2000 10:37 PM Re: Find Lyrics!
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Linda1: Thanks for the help! I sure hope someone can answer it too! I really would like a copy of the lyrics! Surely out there in FT land someone will have an answer! I appreciate all the help! Thanks again! PURPLE FAN

#24215 - Sat Jul 15 2000 02:31 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
pf, did you end up finding the name of the group? is it Giant Crab or The Collectors, or did you find that other name?

.. eight days 've gone by and I've found precisely zilch - this is the challenge to beat all challenges - if anyone finds these lyrics, take one humungous bow!

p.s. can I call you pf, less chance of typos!

#24216 - Sat Jul 15 2000 03:49 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

gtho4: If you find me the lyrics you can call me anything you want!LOL LOL! Yes certainly you may call call me PF!Yes this is a great challenge but I have faith in the FT GROUP! They never give up without a Darn good fight! Surely there has to be someone out there in FT land who has heard the song or has an obscure album with the lyrics on it! I keep hoping! I just know that FT'ERS won't let me down and someone will come up with them! They have come through some other fairly hard challenges so I am 100% sure they will come through for me! Thanks for the help! It is much appreciated! PF

#24217 - Thu Jul 20 2000 10:49 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Just checking in to see if anyone has found anything yet! I can't believe that no one out there in FT Land can help me! Anybody know of any DJ's they could call? Maybe Sypher has heard of this song? He is a DJ!Come ON FT Team I know that you can come through for me! Thanks! PF

#24218 - Thu Jul 20 2000 11:41 PM Re: Find Lyrics!
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

pf, this one is bloody well impossible, all I've found so far is a record cover, and a few other teeny weeny tid-bits like the first line is lydia oh lydia the girl with the tattoed and now I can't get mack to the site 'cause I forgot which search engine i was using at the time,
gt

http://www.wiesner.de/covers/133or.htm

#24219 - Thu Jul 20 2000 11:50 PM Re: Find Lyrics!
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

this was the bit, found it
quote:
LYDIA

Collectors .......................... "Lydia purple"
? ....................................... "Lydia oh Lydia, Lydia the tatooed lady..."

Http://www.geocities.com:0080/SoHo/Studios/8840/songclas.htm

[This message has been edited by gtho4 (edited 07-20-2000).]

#24220 - Thu Jul 20 2000 12:33 PM Re: Find Lyrics!
makebeleaffan Offline
Prolific

Loc: Victoria BC Canada      
A couple of other trails might be Bill Henderson of Chilliwack who was on vocals for the Collectors and Giant Crab who also put out a Lydia Purple.

#24221 - Fri Jul 21 2000 12:20 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
Gunslinger Offline
Multiloquent

This is proving to be a real bear. However, No Retreat, No Surrender!!

------------------
Gunslinger
'I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace, where never lark or even eagle flew'

#24222 - Fri Jul 21 2000 02:54 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

YOU are all terrific! One of the lines from the song goes something like this I think it is the chorus: Lydia Purple lives in a steeple , knows all about nature and nothing about people! It really is a very lovely song! I guess it wasn't that big of a hit! LOL LOL! Oh the love of the obscure? Thanks a Million to all as I have a few more leads and I just know that one of the FT Miracle Workers will come through for me! I appreciate the help and time that you have all put into this for me! PF

#24223 - Sat Jul 22 2000 06:36 PM Re: Find Lyrics!
spak Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Embassy Baaru-Fia
Here are the lyrics for Lydia the tatooed lady but I don't think that is what you are looking for. http://www.cs.nmt.edu/~jefu/lydia.html

[This message has been edited by spak (edited 07-22-2000).]

#24224 - Sat Jul 22 2000 08:19 PM Re: Find Lyrics!
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

spak: Thanks for the lyrics but those aren't quite what I am looking for! Nice of you to help in my search! The lyrics I am looking for seem not to excist!I appreciate the time you took to help!Thanks! PF

#24225 - Wed Jul 26 2000 05:36 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
Gunslinger Offline
Multiloquent

Truth, now, PF....this is a torture thing, isn't it? Have we offended you somehow?

This is Primal Scream material!

#24226 - Wed Jul 26 2000 09:11 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

yep, and for the latest check out PF's thread in I Need An Answer in this hunt to beat all hunts

#24227 - Thu Jul 27 2000 02:04 PM Re: Find Lyrics!
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Gunslinger: LOL LOL LOL! Oh I am so sorry that you are being tortured! Honestly all I wanted was the lyrics to this cute little song!Little did I realize that it would drive me and other people crazy trying to find it! I appreciate the help and understand how you feel! I have e-mailed complete strangers in my quest to find this song! There are now people out there who think I am a total LOONEY!!! LOL LOL! I can't believe how hard this is and I am beginning to think that they will never be found! Oh well I will keep searching! I will be the person in the RUBBER ROOM humming the song all dressed in PURPLE and banging my head against the wall! LOL LoL! Thanks for your help! I was just wondering if I could put an item in the FT News and see if anyone out there has the lyrics? Think that will help? I appreciate all of your efforts and I know that somewhere sometime one of the FT Dream Team will come through for me! PF

#24228 - Tue Aug 01 2000 03:03 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
Gunslinger Offline
Multiloquent

Hoo-Rah. See the 'Lyrics' thread in 'I Need An Answer'. IT'S OVER!!!

#24229 - Wed Aug 02 2000 01:11 AM Re: Find Lyrics!
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Thanks to all of you who helped in the search! I have the song playing as we speak! Thanks a million!!!!! You have made a Little Purple Person very happy!

Moderator:  ozzz2002