Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#253397 - Tue Jan 04 2005 08:52 AM Order people's scores are displayed in?
d2407 Offline
Participant

Loc: Rochester New York USA    
I swear that for most of my time in funtrivia, when viewing scores for a quiz, the scores (perfect ones, and all others for quizzes with <200 takers) would display so that the earliest person to attain a certain score would show up first.

In other words, for a 10-question quiz, everyone who got all 10 right would display, first person to do so on top down to the most recent person to do so, then all who got 9, oldest to newest, etc.

And of course the perfect scores would display in order too, from the first person to do it to the most recent.

Lately, the score order seems to be displaying more randomly.

For example, on one of my quizzes, I sent a congratulatory note to the first person to get a perfect score - his ID was the only perfect score listed. A couple days later, there were three perfect scores, and his ID was listed second of those three.

Yeah, this is a small issue, but if it's controllable, I'd like the "oldest to newest" display of scores retained. There's a certain honor to being the first to get a perfect score on a quiz, and the way it's happening now, you can't see for sure who did it.

Has the way scores are displayed changed in the past several weeks or months? In what order are scores displayed? And can things be changed to again display like scores from earliest to most recent?

#253398 - Wed Jan 05 2005 03:17 AM Re: Order people's scores are displayed in?
McGruff Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Northumberland Virginia USA 
Are you talking about the private tournaments? I have noticed this on the ones I participate in.

The two hourly quizzes are being scored correctly, duplicate scores are displayed in the order that the players played.

Terry said in a post somewhere else that there are a lot of bugs in the groups and private tournaments area and that he will be working on the problems soon.

Edited by McGruff (Wed Jan 05 2005 03:19 AM)

#253399 - Wed Jan 05 2005 04:43 AM Re: Order people's scores are displayed in?
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
How do you look up this detailed information anyway? All I've ever see in quizzes is the %age of correct answers which is shown after a quiz is completed.

#253400 - Wed Jan 05 2005 05:31 AM Re: Order people's scores are displayed in?
Leau Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Nijmegen/Brisbane
Aramis, when you click on the title of the quiz you get to see a page where you'd usually click "play now". Next to that link is one that reads "scores". That's the one you need.

#253401 - Wed Jan 05 2005 08:13 AM Re: Order people's scores are displayed in?
d2407 Offline
Participant

Quote:

Are you talking about the private tournaments? I have noticed this on the ones I participate in.

No, I'm talking about the "regular old garden variety" quizzes. If you click on the quiz name, then pick SCORES, you'll see the IDs of everyone who has scored perfectly. If the game has been played fewer than 200 times, you can also view the scores of everyone who has played so far, sorted from highest to lowest.

My beef, minor as it is, is that I am positive that people achieving the same score used to be displayed in the order they took the quiz, earliest listed first. Now it looks more random.

The only wrinkle I can think of is that maybe there is another sort, that puts gold members first?

#253402 - Wed Jan 05 2005 11:17 AM Re: Order people's scores are displayed in?
root17 Offline
Mainstay

I've noticed the same thing. I agree it's pretty minor, but it would be nice to have scores in the order they were achieved.

Moderator:  agony