Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#253915 - Mon Jan 10 2005 11:53 AM How to handle this?
ertrum Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Cary North Carolina USA      
I just ran into a quiz which was in the wrong category. It refers to James Clavell's novel, "Shogun", and was put in the "Literature before 1900" category. No question that the events written about take place before 1900, but the book was written in the 70's and published in 1975. So, I put a correction note out for the quiz, prefaced with "This is more for the editors than for you, since it's a category question." But is there a better way to have handled this? And if there is, what is it?

#253916 - Mon Jan 10 2005 12:09 PM Re: How to handle this?
Leau Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Nijmegen/Brisbane
I think the best way to deal with situations like this is to send one of the editors in that category a note, pointing out what you noticed and ask them to move the quiz. At least, that's what I did when I stumbled upon quizzes in wrong subcategories before I was an editor. And I know that's what I would prefer in the categories I edit in. Can't speak for the other editors though.

Edited by Leau78 (Mon Jan 10 2005 12:10 PM)

#253917 - Mon Jan 10 2005 03:39 PM Re: How to handle this?
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Sending a note to a category editor is the better way to deal with this, just because a note sent to the player may result in the player trying to move the quiz him/herself. This will automatically take the quiz offline, and, if the editors are busy in that category, it may take a few days to get back on again.

#253918 - Mon Jan 10 2005 06:21 PM Re: How to handle this?
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
The abovementioned quiz has been relocated to its correct alphabetical category, under Authors C (for Clavell).

Moderator:  agony