Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#265459 - Tue Apr 26 2005 06:37 PM Alerts for Quizzes
SRSTrekker Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Arizona USA
I'm not sure if this belongs in this one or Feedback, but feel free to move it if necessary.

Anyway, my question is, can we put an alert for new quizzes in the main category and get an alert for the new quizzes in the subcategory as well. Or an alert in a subcategory that will work for further subcategories. For example, is there any way I can put an alert for new quizzes in the Harry Potter section that will allow me to get alerts for new quizzes no matter what subcategory a new quiz goes in? In other words, if a quiz goes in Harry Potter - Book 5 subcategory, if I do an alert in the general Harry Potter big category, can I know about the quiz in the Book 5 subcategory?

I don't think I can, but maybe there's a trick that I don't know about.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#265460 - Wed Apr 27 2005 05:36 AM Re: Alerts for Quizzes
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
It is in the correct forum, hopefully one of our editors will answer you shortly.

#265461 - Wed Apr 27 2005 05:41 AM Re: Alerts for Quizzes
Leau Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Nijmegen/Brisbane
On the New Quiz Notifications page it says:

Quote:

You can add new notifications from directory pages. Note that quiz notifications are specific to the directory listed above.
New quizzes in subcategories of selected directories will not trigger notifications. This allows you to very specifically specify what you want notifications on.

So I take it that what you're looking to do is not possible.

#265462 - Wed Apr 27 2005 06:34 PM Re: Alerts for Quizzes
SRSTrekker Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Arizona USA
Darn! Oh, well! Sometimes, there are tricks around a few things. I guess this wasn't one of them! Thanks anyway, leau!

Moderator:  agony