Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#265967 - Wed May 04 2005 01:32 AM Quiz submission question
darthdragon Offline
Participant

I tried to submit a quiz and it told me there were problem with namely that there was not interesting info for everyone question. Now the category i wanted to submit in T or F requires only half the questions to have it, according to the rules and I only had a few questions that did not have info, merely becasue of the way the quiz is they cant really have any info. So my question is there going to be any way to sumbit this quiz without the info or will I have to abandon the quiz?

#265968 - Wed May 04 2005 03:41 AM Re: Quiz submission question
features2004 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Asia.
No. You should have to add info for each and every question and I think there is no question in the world which don't have any info or expanation!

#265969 - Wed May 04 2005 05:51 AM Re: Quiz submission question
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Some of the quiz category quidelines have not been updated recently, so you may see a discrepancy between the guidleines and what the system actually allows you to do. All quizzes, in all categories, now require interesting info for all questions.
A true/false quiz is actually one where the interesting info is most needed, and easist to come upon. because you need to explain why the non correct answer is not correct.
In general, if it is hard for you to think of anything to write, go a little outside the narrow boundaries of your particular question, and just find something interesting about the subject. For instance, one of the categories I edit in is Music. If an author is making a quiz on song lyrics, they will sometimes find it hard to say anything about the song, except maybe which album it came out on. I tell them that they can also write about the artist, the video, the songwriter, the band, the tours the band has taken ... there's lots to talk about! When writing a quiz, you are already on the Internet, so you have access to all kinds of information. All you need to do is look for it.
With your particular quiz, I would write to an editor in the category (if you have already submitted the quiz and been rejected, write to the editor who has already seen your quiz) and discuss the matter in depth. The editor will give you some avenues to explore. We much prefer you to keep working on a quiz until it's good, rather than just deleting. This is because the same problems will just come up in your next quiz. Much better to learn how to make a good quiz, and move on from there.

#265970 - Wed May 04 2005 03:35 PM Re: Quiz submission question
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
Please tell us which category this was in so we can update our guidelines.

Thanks!

Editor for Television Category

#265971 - Wed May 04 2005 08:16 PM Re: Quiz submission question
darthdragon Offline
Participant

Ok the category it was in was True and False and the reason why I have a problem is my quiz is a True or False on wheter certain unique classes have really been offered by differnet colleges or not( and there have been some really weird ones) For the real ones I can talk about the class and such but really what is there to say about the ones that dont exist, and that is where I am stumped.

Edited by darthdragon (Wed May 04 2005 09:50 PM)

#265972 - Thu May 05 2005 06:27 AM Re: Quiz submission question
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
You could say that though basketweaving is not offered, the college does offer a course on xyz.

I'm not really a true false quiz fan, but I've seen some that manage pretty well. I guess the fifty fifty thing for me isn't really fun. To each his own however.
Are you sure that this format suits your quiz?
I mean an entirely TF quiz for courses offered by colleges?

Ok, well, in a more general fashion, if there's nothing to put in the interesting information then, it might not be worth making a question from that information.

Let's give you a more concrete example:

The University of Idaho offers a course on identifying eyes on potatoes. t or f.

F, though the U of Idaho is located in the potato state, they do not offer a specific course in idenfication of eyes.

The University of Nevada offers specific courses in gaming management. True or false

True. They actually do offer courses in slot management, cashiering, etc.

#265973 - Thu May 05 2005 08:52 AM Re: Quiz submission question
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
The only problem I see on that type of quiz is that what happens if the university starts offering the classes that are the 'false' answers?

Editor for Television Category

#265974 - Thu May 05 2005 07:26 PM Re: Quiz submission question
darthdragon Offline
Participant

Well that might be a problem. I have seen that happen even with new quiz made by editors inwitch something that is said that later becomes true or flase becasue something happens that they never imagined would happen but on the other hand I made the false choices pretty far out there but I guess anything could happen, after all the true choices are pretty far out there too. I am reconsidering this quiz now

Edited by darthdragon (Thu May 05 2005 07:31 PM)

Moderator:  agony