Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#267847 - Mon May 23 2005 03:25 PM TV Quiz Question
Simmmba Offline
Participant

Loc: (backwoods) Virginia USA     
Is it true that the entire Television category is closed to new quiz submissions? On one page there is a list of three specific show sub-categories that are closed, but on another page there is a note that implies the entire television category is closed.

Thanks!

#267848 - Mon May 23 2005 04:04 PM Re: TV Quiz Question
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
What page says it's closed? Are you looking at the guidelines? It's the guidelines page that is closed to submissions (yes, we have had people submitting quizzes on the guidelines).

If you are ever in doubt, look at the list in the TV Quiz Creation Notes -> Closed and Restricted Categories. That is the definitive list of closed and restricted tv shwios/categories.

Editor for Television Category

#267849 - Mon May 23 2005 04:15 PM Re: TV Quiz Question
Simmmba Offline
Participant

Loc: (backwoods) Virginia USA     
Thanks! I finally tracked down where I saw it, and I'm probably just reading it wrong.

Under Home: Directory: Television: TV Quiz Creation Notes

it says "This category is closed to new submissions" in red at the top of the page.

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizlistgold.cfm?cat=3031

Now I have a general question before I tackle an idea I had for a quiz....it would be for the "General Hospital" subcategory of Television. I have taken quizzes on specific episodes of prime-time shows. Would it be acceptable if I did something similar with a soap opera...but instead of a specific episode, I would cover one month of episodes per quiz. For example, the first one might be "General Hospital--June 2005". What do you think? If it's a terrible idea, I'll move on to something else....

Thanks,
Kimmie

#267850 - Mon May 23 2005 04:28 PM Re: TV Quiz Question
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
Yes, the category that you are currently in (Television: TV Quiz Creation Notes) is closed to new submissions. As in you cannot create a quiz on the TV Quiz Creation Notes.

As for your other question, other people have done similar questions on soap operas. Check to see where in the ratings/how many times played they have been. The problem is that soap operas aren't rerun or put on DVD, so people ten years from now are either going to have to read books or websites and hope they're detailed enough to get the answers right as it may be hard to remember very detailed information that far back.

Editor for Television Category

#267851 - Thu Jun 16 2005 03:38 PM Re: TV Quiz Question
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Depending on if your cable or satellite provider offers it, you can catch soap operas on SoapNet. Usually they will replay an episode the next day, but it depends on the series.

Moderator:  agony