Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#271670 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:20 PM Quiz disappearance
Auszev Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Perth
Western Australia
Logged in today and found one of my unfinished quizzes that was in the Australian General section has been deleted (or something). I had put on Do Not Delete on it as I had not got around to finishing it as I had lost my notes and have not the energy to go hunting through the books I used for this quiz to add notes to the 'interesting section'. Could I have it reinstated, as I would have to start from scratch again. PS. Did you not like it? Thanks

#271671 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:54 PM Re: Quiz disappearance
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
Dear Auszev,

I can't comment specifically on your quiz since I am not an editor in that category, however, generally speaking, quizzes which are under construction are automatically deleted by the software if they have not been touched for six months (unless they have been on-line at some point). It is recommended that quiz-makers keep a back-up copy of their work in a word-processing program like Word as accidental deletion can occur.

#271672 - Tue Jul 12 2005 07:37 AM Re: Quiz disappearance
crisw Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: California USA
What category was the quiz in, exactly? Do you know its title? I checked General- Australia Specific- is that where it was? The logs for that category don't show any record of an automatically-deleted quiz by you.

#271673 - Tue Jul 12 2005 08:37 AM Re: Quiz disappearance
bloomsby Offline

Loc: Norwich England UK            
The words "Do not delete" in the title of a quiz don't protect the quiz indefinitely. If put in the Introduction they would probably offer no protection at all. I hope this helps - for the future.

FT Editor

#271674 - Wed Jul 13 2005 09:10 AM Re: Quiz disappearance
Auszev Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Perth
Western Australia
The title was "F is for ..." or something very close to that. I am nearly 100% that it would have been in Australian Specific in the General Section. Thanks for looking - and if it cannot be found, no problems.

Moderator:  agony