Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#272170 - Fri Jul 22 2005 09:42 AM What am I doing wrong?
LindaC007 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: North Carolina USA
What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to change all the t or f answers in my older quizzes so that players no longer have to type in "t or f or true or false". Yesterday when I edited a couple of t or f answers on my Life of Kenneth Grahame quiz so players wouldn't have to type in the answer, and saved it, it said both answers had errors. When I went back in on edit, I couldn't see anything wrong--and so I saved it again. This time, everything was fine--but I had to resubmit the quiz. I feel dunderheaded throwing the quiz back into the editors' laps when nothing's been changed.
I've edited several other older quizzes to get rid of the typing in the t or f answers--most of them save fine--but I've still had to resubmit a few.

Thanks!

Also, I've noticed that unless a FITB answer is really easy to spell and very obvious, the vast majority of players miss them. Can I just change these to either t or f or multiple choice?

#272171 - Fri Jul 22 2005 10:19 AM Re: What am I doing wrong?
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
In the screen you get when you saved the quiz, do you get any red messages instead of the green 'ok' next to the question number?

Editor for Television Category

#272172 - Fri Jul 22 2005 10:39 AM Re: What am I doing wrong?
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
Hi Miss Linda,

I don't know what's going on on that other problem but this,

"Also, I've noticed that unless a FITB answer is really easy to spell and very obvious, the vast majority of players miss them. Can I just change these to either t or f or multiple choice?"

Just made a few of us crow with joy.

#272173 - Fri Jul 22 2005 12:03 PM Re: What am I doing wrong?
agony Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Further to Beth's question - often old quizzes get spit out by the system because of too many periods (....) and things like that.

As for the changing of FITBs to other forms of question - yes yes, please do. The way I would handle it is with a note to an editor in that category, letting him/her know that a whole raft of your quizzes will be coming down the pike, and why. The whole thing should be quite painless.

#272174 - Sat Jul 23 2005 08:23 AM Re: What am I doing wrong?
LindaC007 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: North Carolina USA
Quote:

In the screen you get when you saved the quiz, do you get any red messages instead of the green 'ok' next to the question number?

Yes, Beth, the red messages came up when I saved the first time, but when I went back into edit, I couldn't see anything wrong--so I saved again and this time the questions had green 'oks' beside them, then I had to go back and resubmit the quiz which is still offline.

If I ever get the urge again to do any tinkering with any quizzes for any reason for now on, I'll let an editor know first.

Moderator:  agony