Rules
Terms of Use

Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#613443 - Fri Apr 08 2011 11:53 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Still about the same, I'm nine stone and four pounds which suits me fine laugh

#613580 - Sat Apr 09 2011 03:55 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
That would be pretty much an ideal weight Jane, for you?

Nice going, Toni! I'm about the same .. was 66kg last weekend and stood on them today and it's flirting around 65kg. I worked it all out to 32% of me is gone grin It's really slowed up the last couple months but I am not so stringent on my eating which would explain a few things grin
God I'm so glad that I did it and am sort of ashamed it took so long. Funny thing is that since I did "the shave" - people who haven't seen me for a while think I'm sick! oops.

#613613 - Sat Apr 09 2011 09:08 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
rayven80 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ft. Collins Colorado USA    
I talked to my scale. It says I currently weigh 220lbs. Not anywhere near where I'd like to be so I've changed my diet and started exercising more. Hopefully I will have better news later.

#613803 - Sat Apr 09 2011 09:27 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Copago Offline

Excellent, Rayven! I hope you keep us posted on your progress smile

#614203 - Mon Apr 11 2011 02:13 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Originally Posted By: Copago
That would be pretty much an ideal weight Jane, for you?

Yes, if I got to nine stone - or, even better, eight and a half (so I had some weight to "play with" during Christmas, Easter etc) it would suit me fine smile But weight isn't a issue with me any more, I just make sure I don't eat too many "goodies".

#615596 - Fri Apr 15 2011 09:40 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
I've been trying out your technique recently, Jane: easing up and having a (few) goodies over the weekend. It keeps me from feeling frustrated at always having to refuse the nice 'naughties', and I get straight back to work on the Monday morning.

The lbs are still coming off, albeit very slowly. Down 600g (1.3 lbs) this week, to 65.3 kg(143.9lbs/10.2 stone) but as I'm way more relaxed over what I eat I'm happy with that.

I know just what you mean about regretting not starting to take control of things sooner, copago! Personally speaking I know I wasn't in the right frame of mind before now to stick to it for long enough, but I just wish that I had found that motivation sooner ... Never mind, the main thing is that we got there in the end, eh?

Take it slow and steady, rayven!!! No reason why you should't get there either!

Edited by Santana2002 (Fri Apr 15 2011 09:41 AM)

#617620 - Thu Apr 21 2011 04:08 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Copago Offline

"Never mind, the main thing is that we got there in the end, eh?"

yep! laugh

My scales are showing 65kg today. It is taking a while for my brain to catch up with all this .. I keep thinking that the scales must be wrong or that the makers of the clothes are making them bigger for the sizes. smile

How are you going Rayven?

#618042 - Fri Apr 22 2011 05:23 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

YAY! You made it!

I'll join you for a while, I weighed in at 64.3kg today ...
It's getting expensive, though, the clothes I bought 6 weeks ago are already too loose on the waist, grrr!!!

#618147 - Fri Apr 22 2011 01:11 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Giggle - we're never happy! Moan when the clothes are too small for us, and moan when the clothes are too big grin I plan to enjoy Easter and the back on the "sensible diet" wagon on Tuesday laugh

#618282 - Fri Apr 22 2011 08:51 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
65kg laugh

Target weight reached laugh

#618312 - Fri Apr 22 2011 11:59 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

That's fantastic, lioness!!!

Looks like 65 is the fashion here for the moment!

#620394 - Sat Apr 30 2011 05:26 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Copago Offline

haha .. so in fashion that I can't budge from it wink Still hovering around 65kg mark .. it flirts with the 64s but that's cool, while I'm not eating many 'bad' foods I am not as diligent as I have been and am eating around my maintaince calories. I've started the couch to 5k programme now too. I can walk fast for a long time but I find running hard so I'm doing this so push me that bit more.

Congrats Lioness! That's wonderful laugh

How's everyone else?

#620769 - Sun May 01 2011 02:29 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Sounds like you've hit pretty much a good weight for you, Jill! What do you mean by 'the couch to 5k programme'? (or am I just being dim?).

I've put back on a little, and am just over 65kg again, but I'll soon get back on track.

#622653 - Fri May 06 2011 04:59 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

64.5 kg today with shoes, so that brings me back to my weight on 22 April (which was without shoes). Roll on the next week or two to see a real loss again.

You all sticking to your plans, girls?

#622750 - Fri May 06 2011 02:20 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
rayven80 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ft. Collins Colorado USA    
I'm trying. When we went to New Orleans, we ate a bunch but we also walked a lot. Now that we're back to routine I'm eating more sweets and not walking as much. I'll try harder now that it's actually gotten warm here.

#622861 - Sat May 07 2011 05:05 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Copago Offline

Good on you, Rayven laugh I got sick of it being so hot here I got a treadmill lol The weather isn't too bad at the moment that I'm getting out and about more but it's great to have it for early/late/hot/cold/mozzie kind of days that it's easier to stay in that go out!

The couch to five k is a programme that over 9 weeks will have you running 5kms, Toni. It's just gradually builds up your runs in intervals - the first week is running one minute with 1.5 minute walks in between. I've just finished week two and so far so good. I got a ipod app that breaks into your music to tell you when to run or walk and so on. Still somewhere between 64 and 65 kg but I'm really trying to to tone up so I'm hoping that I am burning fat but building muscle too. That's the plan anyway!! lmao

#625156 - Sat May 14 2011 06:11 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Sounds great, Jill! I think I'll Google that programme later on today and see if I can't do something similar!

I'm back hiking through the fields again, so am hoping to burn off another 2 kilos at least before the end of the month, when my family will be over. I'm still hovering around the 64kg, but have been having KFC and Mc Donald's a bit too often recently to expect any better.

Perseverance is the key, rayven! I'm sure you'll get back into the swing now that you're back to your usual routine!

#627481 - Sun May 22 2011 02:38 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Copago Offline

If you have an iphone or similar there's heaps of apps you can get. Dare I say I actually enjoy the programme?? (whodathunkit? lol) Although in a couple of weeks it's starts being 25 minutes nonstop running which will be a challenge. :shock:

Scales are showing 63kg!! We've been shearing the last couple weeks and it's just full on so all that extra movement obvioulsy helped me plus I was the cook as well so kept it mostly healthy and still did my exercise every day. Not sure if I was my life to be that busy all the time but it helped. smile
SO am now under ten stone ... I remember being that big in first form at high school. That's crazy!!

#628385 - Wed May 25 2011 04:54 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

You *enjoy* all that running and getting sweaty and dusty??? Hmmm, sometimes I wonder about you, really I do! grin

OK so I had a read up on the couch to 5K programme, and I'm tired just thinking about it, ... but it does have it's merits, and I think I may just do something about it. I'll do all the prep-reading up work for a week or two, just to get into the right mindset, then when I feel ready for the challenge I'll jump in! Do you do all yoru running on the treadmill, Jill? I'm half afraid that if I got one it'd just gather dust a lot of the time. As it is, I have to force myself to use my stationary bike (so I 'save it up' for bad weather days, hihi). The thoughts of getting the benefits of an hour long speed walk in just a half an hour of running is very tempting ... I'll let you know if I start!

In the meantime I'm still plugging away at maintaining my 63-64kg. It's not so easy having houseguests, but by the end of next week I should be back to my usual routine. Then there's just my son's birthday and a weekend away in Marseille ... I'll more than certainly indulge a bit for both occasions wink

#628712 - Thu May 26 2011 02:49 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

I'm still around 9 and a half stone, which is fine at the moment. Once some holidays are out of the way, I shall try and get into diet-mode again. The main annoyance is that me and Mum don't attend a gym any more, which helped a lot with my weight loss, and I have no opportunity to do any gentle exercise.

#631739 - Sun Jun 05 2011 12:18 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
As I celebrated when I lost a few inches I must be consistent and report the progress since. Ideally I'd have a 32 waist, whatever weight goes with it as I do weightlifting so have to include the muscle. But 10 stone is probably ideal. I got down to 34 and 10 1/2 or so but after maybe a year put the whole lot back and have now pretty well stuck at 11-3. Not ideal by any means but the steps required to lose the rest would be virtually banning any food between meals, and as I don't drink or smoke may hold out for a few months to drop maybe half a stone but could never keep it up for life and keep it off. The price to pay doesn't seem worth the result for the final amount to me.

#633874 - Tue Jun 14 2011 03:48 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

And after a really good holiday, I only put on half a pound in two weeks, which makes me 9 stone and 8 pounds. Hopefully I will lose a few more pounds in the coming weeks! smile

#636853 - Sat Jun 25 2011 01:07 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Copago Offline

It must have been a really good holiday, Jane laugh SOunds like you had a great time.
Sorry for being absent lately frown Sitting around 62kg here and feeling great. laugh
I've kept up with the running programme and finish it off next week. At the moment I'm on 28mins of running (plus warm up cool down walks) and I won't say it's easy but I get through it pretty well. I'ev alredy found another app that will cover me for afterwards .. it's a 10k one. *eeek* Haven't been doing any other exercise the last coupel weeks. We've had the floors done in the house so had to move the furiture out and then back in .. that will do for my weights I think!!

#639845 - Sun Jul 10 2011 02:25 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

OK so it's been well over a month since I posted here. The best I can say for that month is that I didn't gain any weight, then again I only lost 100g, so nothing much to be proud of there. I am fully aware that it's because I was less stringent about 'treat' foods like wine and snacks, and did practically no exercise, so I didn't expect any better.

The next few weeks here are pretty calm, no more visitors, parties or invitations, so I should get back into the swing of things.

I'm back walking, and have integrated day 1 of the couch to 5K programme into my routine this morning. I hope I'll have the stamina to get to the end of the programme and build up to a half an hour, even if it takes a little longer than the programme suggests it will. Motivation is high as a result of a potentially fatal incident recently which really brought home to me just how much I want to face my future in the best of shape possible and in good health! Now doesn't that sound all high-fallutin and noble??? hehe ...

Hope you are all keeping on target!!!

#641475 - Sat Jul 16 2011 06:26 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2!
Copago Offline

Cool, how's the programme going, Santanna? I finished mine but haven't started on the 10k one yet. The last month has been so out of whack that it's been hard to keep a regular routine happening. smile

I had a bout of kidney stones this week which didn't do me any favours. When they say it's more painful than childbirth they aren't kidding. SO having three days in hospital and on a clear fluid diet (I will never eat beef broth again .. seriously, 3 lunch and dinner I could handle but when they served it up for brekkie I was nearly sick) I thought would show up nicely but there was no change on the scales. How does that work?? lol

Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 >

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong