Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16
Topic Options
#647235 - Sat Aug 13 2011 04:11 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Copago]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
I'm afraid to say that I didn't get far into the C25K programme, I got hit with a dose of hip bursitis (inflammation), which flares up every time I run for longer than 3 or 4 minutes (x 3 or 4 repetitions) during the session. I've also been having trouble with my feet (verrucas, ugh), and as a result I spend one week out of two barely able to hobble along ...

So sorry to read that you've had kidney stones! What a horrible experience! When my husband went through the same thing I was in a muck-sweat just seeing the agony he was going through!

Shame it didn't knock off a kilo or so for you, though, isn't it? At least then you would have had some benefit from the crisis! I reckon you must be pretty much at an ideal weight, though, if even that didn't have an impact on your total.

Me? I've finally hit -20kg exactly, leaving me at 63.7 kg. Another 4.7kg to go and I can 'stabilise'. I'm really looking forward to being 'off' the diet, but fully intend to stick to my new habits and definitely continue to be lots more active. I'm certain that it was the 'couch potato' lifestyle which contributed mostly to my weight gain in the first place.

#648900 - Mon Aug 22 2011 04:16 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: SilverMoonsong]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I really should post in this thread more laugh I'm around the nine and a half stone mark, I'm not sticking to the "diet" as much as I used to, but still content with my weight. I'd love to lose half a stone or so for the heavy Christmas period though! laugh
Today is always a special day for me. All of the members of Funtrivia have watched my weight loss over the past eight years. Today marks the eighth anniversary of my "reasonably healthy living" regime. I'm about 4 stone lighter than I was eight years ago - slow and steady wins the race smilee

#648978 - Mon Aug 22 2011 10:25 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
sue943 Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Jane well done in maintaining your weight loss. I saw the 'fat' photo on Facebook and was hoping that it was your before photo and not a massive weight gain since I met you last year. smile

#651469 - Sat Sep 03 2011 10:34 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: sue943]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Such a great change, Jane. You were one of my inspirations when I started this so a big thank you to you.

Nothing has changed here . .still the same. Had a week or so away and didn't always make the healthiest food choices but was back to normal when I got home.
On the trip I did go to a boot camp with my brother early one morning where you just go through exercises with a group and a trainer egging you on. I thought I was pretty much half fit these days and I did well and kept up no worries. But my god I could hardly move the next day ... must have been muscles I haven't gotten around to touching!! lol

#651479 - Sun Sep 04 2011 03:43 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Copago]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
You still discovering those type of muscles, Jill? grin Me too, when I do stuff like kayaking for several hours I suddenly realise just how many muscle groups I blithely ignore ...

Jane, like Jill you were one of my primary inspirations to get on a sensible eating plan, and thanks to you I did it the right way: no fad diet, or unrealistic goals, just a slow and steady pace making changes that are easy(ish) to assimilate into every day life, and getting more active. Your continued maintenance of the 'new you' is equally motivating as it proves that with a little self-control I too can avoid the yo-yo dieting syndrome. I'm glad to see you keep posting updates here from time to time, it reminds me to remain always vigilant and to get back on the straight and narrow after I let things slip for a bit.

Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong