Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#299162 - Sat Aug 05 2006 04:27 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Another nice steady week - Nine Stone four pounds - not a pound on or off!

#299163 - Sat Aug 05 2006 05:35 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Atta girl.

#299164 - Sat Aug 12 2006 01:40 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Another steady week - Nine stone four pounds without gaining or losing anything!

#299165 - Mon Aug 14 2006 07:58 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
It's been a long haul, first the strength, then the muscle and then finally the weight. After 3 1/2 years going to the gym I dropped from my maximum ever 12 stone in 2002 to around 10 and a half this year. Remember muscle weighs more than fat so waist size is pretty important and body mass index (we have the machinery to check there). Pinching less than an inch is the easiest test as that tells you if the BMI is too high or not.
But after a few weeks of chicken pox I dropped another 5 pounds. I would never recommend that way of losing weight but everyone's noticed the difference and I should keep it there now after rearranging my eating habits when the diet started. I am now around 10 stone 4, but until my waist drops another inch to 32 I won't be pigging out again for some time!

UN IPCC

#299166 - Tue Aug 15 2006 04:08 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: satguru]
seabiscuit84 Offline
Participant

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
Hey, just had a look at the thread there, well done to everyone, there seems to be a lot of progress and commitment. I am starting on a healthy eating and exrecise program next week, so if you guys don't mind I'll probably post my progress on here, it feels like there's a lot of support within this thread for everyone. I'll let you know on Monday what I'm starting out at and what my target is.

Does anyone have any good ideas for exercise, as I have bad ankles and can't do running or jogging, I also have an allergy to the chemicals in swimming pools so that knocks out 1 of the best forms of exercise unfortunately.

Thanks guys!

#299167 - Tue Aug 15 2006 07:22 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: seabiscuit84]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
I don't know whether or not you are male or female, but if female, I highly recommend Curves. I have very bad knees (arthritis) and am able to handle the circuit training there quite nicely.
At home I have a glider - one of those things where you have a spot for each foot and then move your legs in a forward and backwards motion and glide rather than walk. It's absolutely no impact.
I also use a stability ball for pelvic tilts and other stretches.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#299168 - Tue Aug 15 2006 07:51 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: skunkee]
seabiscuit84 Offline
Participant

Loc: Glasgow Scotland UK           
What's Curves? I'm female so if it's for women please clue me in.

#299169 - Tue Aug 15 2006 10:15 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: seabiscuit84]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
Quote:

What's Curves? I'm female so if it's for women please clue me in.

Curves is a gym strictly for women. There are several here in Texas.

#299170 - Tue Aug 15 2006 01:04 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: dg_dave]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
Curves is a chain of gyms strictly for women, that is based on a 30 minute, circuit training idea. They have various machines which are alternated with 'recovery pads' and you go around twice (or three times depending on how many machines that particular branch has), stretch and leave.
The machines are geared to real women of all ages, and I find very little difficulty with them despite the arthritis in my knees and, to a lesser degree, my lower back.
You will not find any aerobic queens or body builders there, just real women of every age (my club has members in their teens and members in the 80s) who are interested in getting/keeping fit and active. They have other programs that you can also take advantage of if you so desire. I don't bother.
I'm pretty sure that they have clubs in the UK, and in a city the size of Glasgow, there's bound to be a couple. I just don't know how close to you they'd be.
If you can't find a Curves, I know that there are a couple of other knock-off type clubs around here, so there's bound to be something of the sort in your part of the world.
Let me know if you're able to find anything.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#299171 - Sat Aug 19 2006 01:43 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: skunkee]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

A excellent week, I am now Nine stone Three pounds . I've stayed the same for four weeks, before losing a pound, so pleased with my slow and steady weight loss. Watch this space, as this coming Tuesday is a significant date

#299172 - Sun Aug 20 2006 01:24 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Oh wow, this is amazing. It really doesn't seem to be so long ago that you were hoping to take it under ten stone.

#299173 - Mon Aug 21 2006 12:41 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: sue943]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

In August 2003, I was overweight. I was eating the wrong food - chocolate biscuits and sausage rolls were my downfall - and all, in all, hardly a week went by without me having aches and pains. After several blood tests - which was hard enough, becuase I had (and still have) a terror of injections - they discovered I had borderline diabetes. If I carried on the way I was going, it woulld be fully blown diabetes and meant injections every day. I was 13 stone (roughly about 182 pounds)...probably more...and had to do something.
2003 Picture

So, after a good night's sleep, my "new life" began. And it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I still allow myself my "goodies" a couple of times a week. But with all things, I eat in moderation. Slowly but surely, I began to lose weight. Sometimes I'd lose a pound, sometimes I'd stay the same. And even over Christmas and Easter, my weight did not change a lot, as it might have done. So, three years since my "diet" I now weigh Nine stone and 3 pounds (roughly 129 pounds) So in three years I've lost 53 pounds.And I've never felt better
2006 Picture

My Dad was so pleased with my weight loss, and so is Mum. So I plan to keep it up. I am eating sensibly but still enjoying "goodies". And I really appreciate the support of my Funtrivia friends too!

Edited by JaneMarple (Mon Aug 21 2006 12:53 PM)

#299174 - Mon Aug 21 2006 01:00 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton Ohio USA              
I just read your blog, Jane! Awesome! You should be so-o-o-o proud of yourself for sure !

"The best teacher is not the one who knows most but the one who is most capable of reducing knowledge to that simple compound of the obvious and wonderful." ... H. L. Mencken

#299175 - Mon Aug 21 2006 01:09 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Gatsby722]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

You have definitely done a great job with your weight loss. Keep it up, JM.

#299176 - Sat Aug 26 2006 03:57 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: dg_dave]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

And another excellent week, another pound off making me Nine Stone Two pounds (you can tell that I'm not really bothered can't you? )

#299177 - Sat Aug 26 2006 03:59 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Great job, JM. I've dropped two since my last update to be at 16/3.

#299178 - Sat Sep 02 2006 02:14 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: dg_dave]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

A nice steady week, stayed the same at Nine stone and two pounds

#299179 - Sat Sep 02 2006 05:11 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Goodness Jane, don't get too thin.

#299180 - Sat Sep 02 2006 05:22 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: sue943]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Don't worry, I have got a close eye on my weight. If I lose a few more pounds, that suits me, but not going to go mad

#299181 - Sat Sep 09 2006 02:29 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Stayed the same weight this week - Nine stone Two pounds

#299182 - Sat Sep 09 2006 05:19 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Good to hear. Well done.

#299183 - Sat Sep 16 2006 02:46 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: sue943]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Another nice steady week - Nine stone Two pounds - not a pound on or off

#299184 - Sat Sep 16 2006 04:57 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

All I can report is that I am not gaining weight!

#299185 - Sat Sep 23 2006 04:44 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: sue943]
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

And another steady week - and that with two meals out (one celebrating a Uncle's birthday and one for the theatre trip). stayed the same weight Nine stone Two pounds

#299186 - Sat Sep 23 2006 05:42 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

You are an inspiration.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong