Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#299412 - Sun Dec 13 2009 02:09 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
littlesuzie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Melton
VIC Australia
Well I'm 110 kilos now - I put some of the weight back on and was at 113 at my last hospital appointment in October.

I've started a walking program and am trying to go to the gym more.

I haven't posted on here for a while as I thought the thread had died but it looks like JaneMarple rescued it

#299413 - Sun Dec 13 2009 04:48 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: littlesuzie]
JaneMarple Online   FT-cool
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
December is a hard month for dieters but will be starting again in January (date to be decided! )

#299414 - Mon Dec 14 2009 04:59 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
rayven80 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ft. Collins Colorado USA    
I decided that since a diet during the holidays is almost impossible, I gave mine up. But I did boost the exercise so that I won't have too far to bounce back, hopefully.

#299415 - Wed Dec 23 2009 08:19 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: rayven80]
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
Oddly enough, I'm finding the holidays much easier on weight.

November, and NaNoWriMo, hit me. I think I had 50 cans of soft drink in a couple of weeks, as my 'energy food'. I also had lots of nibbles, and similar junk. Because of this, at the end of the school term, I weighed about 69.5kg.
I think that was what woke me up to having to actually actively lose weight. I put myself on a 'no junk food' diet, and tried to walk more places. Instead of catching the bus 10 minutes down the road, I walk for half an hour.

The result is that, in three weeks, I've gotten down to about 66kg. I'm aiming for about 60kg, 58 preferably. I'm dancing more, and eating less, and all together it's working quite well.

Edited by The_lioness33 (Wed Dec 23 2009 08:20 AM)

#299416 - Tue Dec 29 2009 05:52 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: The_lioness33]
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Christmas put me back up to 68.8kg, but 5 hours of bike riding in the last couple of days has taken it back down to 66.

#299417 - Thu Dec 31 2009 05:58 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: The_lioness33]
Star Poster

Well I've crept up to a pound of nine stone - 8 stone 13 pounds - over ecember. Not the end of the world, but one of my New Years resolutions is to get a full stone off - gradually, I hasten to add!

#546299 - Sat Aug 21 2010 04:24 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
Star Poster

frown Can it really be almost seven months since this thread has been posted in? blush

Just a tiny update that I am still keeping my weight down, and am just a shade under 9 stone. Tomorrow marks my seventh anniversary of my "healthy living" - in 2003 I was 13 stone and probably more. Although it is hard to cut down on "goodies", it is worth it laugh

#546351 - Sat Aug 21 2010 09:25 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
I was really impressed when we met Jane, you look so slim.

As I am a diabetic I was sent to our diabetic centre where I had an appointment with the dietician who told me to lose 10% of my bodyweight. I lost some but still have about half a stone to go, I need to get a move on as I have an appointment with her again in a few weeks.

#547270 - Thu Aug 26 2010 07:23 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: sue943]
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

I've gone up a fair bit since my last posting. Currently around 72kg, with a lot more extra fat than I'd like. Trying to get back into my schedule of going to the gym 3-4 times a week, however that's not working so well, with school and stuff.

I've been eating more junk, and exercising less, now that I'm driving. However, I've also put on muscle...Through going to the gym, I've built up my arm, leg, and core strength. I estimate that's at least a couple of kilos. There is a lot of extra fat though, so I'm going back on my no junk food thing, and I'm going to regulate my sleep in the hope that I won't be as tired and thus reluctant to go to the gym.

Edited by The_lioness33 (Thu Aug 26 2010 07:34 AM)

#570289 - Fri Nov 26 2010 05:47 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: The_lioness33]
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Wow...nothing since August.

Well, I've gone up again, but in a good way.

I was 75kg for a while, with fat as well as muscle. I've lost a bit of the fat, so am now at 73kg.
More importantly, I guess, I'm happy with how I look in the mirror, and I will be wearing a bikini this wsummer laugh

#570993 - Mon Nov 29 2010 12:04 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: The_lioness33]
rayven80 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ft. Collins Colorado USA    
Congratulations! I won't be looking at a bikini for a very long time due to procrastination and lack of motivation for exercise. I guess doing a little is better than nothing but it's not effective and my moral is pretty much shot.

#572354 - Fri Dec 03 2010 01:41 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: rayven80]
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

71.5kg. Woohoo!

As a motivator for weight loss (aside from looking good), I've decided that if I can get down to 65kg, then I'll get my navel pierced. I've wanted it done for ages.

#572889 - Sat Dec 04 2010 12:07 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: The_lioness33]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Can I join in this thread? I've been an onlooker for years now and have always admired you all for making such an effort to keep in shape. JaneMarple is an inspiration with losing so much weight and keeping it off for so long, I only hope I can get to that stage eventually.

So for the story so far:

I've been unhappy with my weight gain over the last 15 years. In that time 4 pregnancies, 3 of them cesareans, 2 house moves plus a lot of stress over unemployment, have all contributed to me 'letting myself go' a bit. I finally decided to do something about it last August and joined Weight Watchers. It's not a trendy diet, it's not one where you lose loads of weight in a matter of days, but as far as I can see it's a 'slow and steady' kind of thing which actually promotes eating sensibly and is sustainable in the long term.

So since August 6th I have lost a total of 12 kilos (26.45 lbs/1.89 stone) leaving me currently weighing *deep breath* 72kg. Needless to say I'm delighted to have lost so much, but unfortunately I have as much more to lose before I'll be back to something like my (once-)'regular' weight.

At the moment I'm stagnating a little, and with Christmas just around the corner I'd like to lose another 2 or 3 kilos.

I'll check in here regularly to see how you all are doing, and hopefully report a few more kilos gone for myself.

#572910 - Sat Dec 04 2010 02:55 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Santana2002]
Star Poster

December is always my difficult month so I plan to jump on the "healthy living" wagon in January ... date to be determained laugh I'm about nine stone at the moment smile

#574541 - Thu Dec 09 2010 06:34 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

OK It's not Saturday, but my usual 'weigh-in' day is Friday, and this week, exceptionnally, it's today, so I'm going to jump ahead of myself.

In the last two weeks, despite being in holiday mode and indulging in lots of sweets and treats during my prolonged stay in Dublin, I have managed to lose 800g (1.76 lbs),

My aim is to be under 70kg by christmas, so fingers crossed that I lose 1.5kg over the next few weeks!

My long term aim is to reach 60kg (9.4 stone), which is the weight at which I was stable all through my adult life until I started putting on the lbs. If I can lose more and get closer to 50kg over time I'd be delighted.

#574675 - Thu Dec 09 2010 03:38 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Santana2002]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Hey Toni .. great minds! You're doing so well, I'm sure you'll hit your goals~ Part of the reason I've been so absent from here lately is that I've been on a major helath kick. I've lost 23kg in about four months just by doing a lot more exercise and cutting out the crap foodwise. It's been okay - I'm quite liking the exercise but wish I could do more of a variety - I'd love to do some gym classes but that's not much of an option around here smile
I am about where you are now .. at 72.5kg. I'm not really sure where I want to be as I've never been even this low as an adult LOL I was going to aim initially for about 64kg but am open to go a bit lower. We'll see how it goes. It's my 40th birthday in March and I'd like to be where I want to be by then. smile

Edited by Copago (Thu Dec 09 2010 03:43 PM)

#574704 - Thu Dec 09 2010 04:17 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Copago]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Holy maloney, you have lost double what I did, in the same timespan!!! I knew I wasn't doing enough!!! Great going you!!!

Nah, It's great that you have found the system which works for you, and my bet is that you'll know when you hit where you're looking to get, even if it's a bit vague just where that is right now!

I have slowed down the WL (weight-loss) in the last four weeks, as I simply can't get outside to exercise anymore (I had been walking (rapidly) up to 80kms a week). It's now dark when I get in from work, the lonely lanes I walk along are much too spooky for a night-trip, and they're all muddy and flooded anyhow. My trusty stationery bike has also died a death (Did I wear it out?), but I will definitely replace it during the January sales, as I really want to get the weight down.

I loooooveed my evening half-walk/half-jog, and have missed it like crazy since winter has set in frown I loved even more feeling those leg muscles getting tougher, and the cardiovascular workout gives you a real buzz. Walking is definitely my 'sport'.

Have your prepared for the 'big spend' that all this weight loss means clothes-wise, Jill??? For now I'm living with tightening the belt buckles, but for the office it's getting a bit too 'bulky' with all the gathers around the waistline nowadays and I feel like I'm wearing bloomers half the time. I think I'll be splurging on a bit of clobber as well during the sales, but don't want to get too much in case I actually do lose that other 15 kilos!

Have you thought about a Wii-fit for yourself? It's not a gym, but it's a good workout all the same ... and I'm pretty sure junior will be delighted to help you learn the ropes with the other gaming options you can have with it wink

#574795 - Thu Dec 09 2010 05:26 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Santana2002]
Copago Offline

Yeah, but I had lots more to lose too. It seems to be slowing down a bit now. My weather is going the other way and it's getting too hot some afternoons to get out! LOL I try to have it done in the morning so if I miss the afternoon exercise it's not too bad.

80kms is huge! I only do 5ks a day. I should try and ramp it up.

Clotheswise I'm out of everything LOL I just bought a few jeans and a few shirts to get me through. I'm lucky that I can get by without needing any more than that. Belts are our friends LOL

There's no more :in case" about it .. you got this far, you can keep going! laugh

#574941 - Fri Dec 10 2010 02:02 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Copago]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

I have to admit that I started out doing 5km a day, and built it up from there, ending by linking three routes to make a 12km round trip. I tried to do it each day, though often missed one or two. Like yourself I prefer getting it done in the morning, but it's not always possible. Our dog, Cookie, was delighted with all the extra walks she was getting, and copped on pretty fast that when I laced on the trainers she was getting to go out! Unfortunately she sees me lacing on my converse as well and hasn't yet spotted that they are not trainers ...

As for the "no more 'in case'" ... *oops* perhaps I shouldn't have said anything???

Nah, I just need to get my a*s in gear and keep focused. Unfortunately I don't have a milestone birthday to boost my motivation, so I'll just have to do it the hard way smile

#576381 - Mon Dec 13 2010 11:38 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Santana2002]
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

I had a junk food craving this week frown. But I spent 3 hours walking around the city yesterday, and have been trying to fit in other exercise.

I'm back up to 72.5kg. Hoping I can be at 70kg by Christmas, so that I don't feel particularly set back by Christmas food. I will be employing portion size control...heh. But there is so much food at Christmas lunch and dinner.

#581357 - Thu Dec 30 2010 04:24 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: The_lioness33]
Copago Offline

How are you going Lioness and Toni?
Christmas is a tough time for being healthy, isn't it? LOL
I've maintained well enough and kept my exercise and was having healthy meals BUT snacking has let me down this last week. Time to rid the house of it all again and start a brand new year and a brand new me tomorrow. laugh

#581572 - Fri Dec 31 2010 07:20 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Copago]
Star Poster

Originally Posted By: Copago
How are you going Lioness and Toni?
Christmas is a tough time for being healthy, isn't it? LOL
I've maintained well enough and kept my exercise and was having healthy meals BUT snacking has let me down this last week. Time to rid the house of it all again and start a brand new year and a brand new me tomorrow. laugh

Nods! I start on Monday!

#581648 - Fri Dec 31 2010 09:40 AM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: JaneMarple]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Ummm ... I have to 'fess that I've been less than a model student these last two weeks, and the scales can testify to that. I think I have gained 1-1.5 kg, but I'm owning up to it, I'm according myself tonight and tomorrow as well (we have guests, and a rich meal planned), but promise, from Sunday I'm back to the grindstone.

That brand spanking new exercise bike is also going to become my almost-best-friend (or at least accomplice) for the next few months until the evenings brighten up again, and by summer I'm hoping to have shed at least another 10 kilos, hopefully 15.

Fingers crossed ... for us all!

#581933 - Fri Dec 31 2010 04:53 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Santana2002]
Copago Offline

I might have to leave mine until tomorrow as well LOL NYE at the neighbours last night and ate too much and then today we're off to a friend's place for more nibblies. *sigh* will be like starting all over again getting back on track laugh

#581949 - Fri Dec 31 2010 06:19 PM Re: Saturday Weigh-In Part 2! [Re: Copago]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Depressing, isn't it, to see how easy it is to slip off the weight-losing track, and how tough it is getting back into the 'WL groove' frown

Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong