Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#312300 - Sun Jul 02 2006 06:14 PM Dependent and Independent Questions
denmarks Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chico, CA, USA
It is required that all quiz questions must stand on their own. They can't be dependent on previous answers. I would like to be able to flag questions that can't stand alone. This would allow questions based on previous answers and on details in the introducing paragraph to be created.

Has there been any consideration of this?

#312301 - Sun Jul 02 2006 11:48 PM Re: Dependent and Independent Questions [Re: denmarks]
gtho4 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
It's been discussed with Terry, by almost all editors, on and off for the last 3 or 4 years. I can't see him altering the code. As the system will not choose a fill-in-the-blank question for the GC or DQ, you can create a linked question using the FITB format.

[ the Brain Teasers category allows all-FITB quizzes with every question linked e.g. Quiz About This Quiz in the Logic Puzzles sub-category ]

#312302 - Mon Jul 03 2006 08:55 AM Re: Dependent and Independent Questions [Re: denmarks]
denmarks Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chico, CA, USA
Why not just use a special character, such as ~, as the first character of a dependent question. Now the only code modification is to look at the first character of the question and not pick ~.

Moderator:  agony, gtho4