Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#312763 - Sun Jul 09 2006 02:53 PM Multi Users and Submissions
denmarks Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chico, CA, USA
If there is more than one player in a household what is the best way of setting them up? Is only the first score for a player retained on quizzes?

Edited by denmarks (Sun Jul 09 2006 02:58 PM)

#312764 - Sun Jul 09 2006 03:13 PM Re: Multi Users and Submissions [Re: denmarks]
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
If you have someone playing under your account, only the first time you play that quiz will the score be counter. Remember, any action taken under your account is your responsibility.

Remember, there's only one account per person, and we encourage only one person per account (because we don't encourage you to give out your password to others/you're responsible for what the other person does). Other members of your family can, however, get their own account.

~LadyM, FT editor/moderator

Edited by ladymacb29 (Sun Jul 09 2006 03:13 PM)

Editor for Television Category

#312765 - Sun Jul 09 2006 03:17 PM Re: Multi Users and Submissions [Re: ladymacb29]
denmarks Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chico, CA, USA
Quote:

Other members of your family can, however, get their own account.

That is what I am questioning. I want to tell my sister and brother-in-law about the site. There can be as many as 4 family members. Do family members after the first coming from the same computer need any special approval? I don't want it to look like one person with multiple accounts.

Edited by denmarks (Sun Jul 09 2006 03:18 PM)

#312766 - Sun Jul 09 2006 03:25 PM Re: Multi Users and Submissions [Re: denmarks]
McGruff Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Northumberland Virginia USA 
Each family member will need their own account and their own email address. The system won't allow you to make more than one account with the same address.

Please have everyone keep their passwords and their accounts to themselves, and if you play from the same computer, make sure everybody logs out of their account when they are through.

And always make sure you are on your own account before you play. Sometimes if one person doesn't log out, the next person to use the computer is still logged in on the previous account and doesn't realize it.

Edited by McGruff (Sun Jul 09 2006 03:29 PM)

#312767 - Sun Jul 09 2006 04:11 PM Re: Multi Users and Submissions [Re: denmarks]
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
Quote:

Quote:

Other members of your family can, however, get their own account.

That is what I am questioning. I want to tell my sister and brother-in-law about the site. There can be as many as 4 family members. Do family members after the first coming from the same computer need any special approval? I don't want it to look like one person with multiple accounts.

No, you don't need special approval. Just do as McGruff said and make sure to log out when you're done and that when you're on the site you're not logged in as someone else and you'll be fine.

Editor for Television Category

Moderator:  agony, gtho4