Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#316042 - Tue Aug 01 2006 06:49 PM Creating a quiz
familyguy002 Offline
Participant

hi all. i'm new and am interested in creating some quizzes. according to my stats, i have completed over 100 quizzes and have had my account for over 1 month, however I am not allowed to create a quiz. Could anyone shed some light on my predicament??

#316043 - Tue Aug 01 2006 07:28 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: familyguy002]
gtho4 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
Try logging out, and then log back in again. If that doesn't work, you may have to wait until after midnight tonight (around 4 or 5 am), when the system updates itself.

#316044 - Wed Aug 02 2006 02:15 AM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: gtho4]
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
Creating an acceptable quiz can be quite a challenge, and not as easy as it may seem. Make sure you study and comply with the quiz creation guidelines for the category you've chosen.

#316045 - Wed Aug 02 2006 11:57 AM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: picqero]
bloomsby Offline

Loc: Norwich England UK            
Agreed. That makes it particularly important that you know in advance which category the topic goes under here. For example, politicians past and present go into the 'World' category even if long dead. Monarchs go into the 'People' category, not into History.

FT Editor

Edited by bloomsby (Wed Aug 02 2006 04:04 PM)

#316046 - Wed Aug 02 2006 07:04 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: picqero]
familyguy002 Offline
Participant

Quote:

Creating an acceptable quiz can be quite a challenge, and not as easy as it may seem. Make sure you study and comply with the quiz creation guidelines for the category you've chosen.

I cannot even get that far. When I click the "Create a Quiz" icon on the main page, it tells me that i have not completed 100 quizzes, however my stats say I have completed 104. Could it be that my average score is not high enough?

#316047 - Wed Aug 02 2006 07:44 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: familyguy002]
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
Familyguy, another option while you are waiting for eligibility to kick in, is to write your quiz in a Word document. This method also allows you to use a spell/grammar checker to remove any potential errors.

When you are allowed to submit, simply copy and paste Q and A's into the quiz-making template.

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#316048 - Wed Aug 02 2006 10:05 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: ozzz2002]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Did you try logging out and logging back in? Unless you got a lot of zeros, your score should not be the problem, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to play a few more quizzes.

As Ozzz says, while you are waiting for this glitch to resolve itself, you can write your quiz in a Word document, or whatever similar resource you have on your computer. Reading the guidelines and playing any Quizmaker Tuneup quizzes which may apply also really pay off - you can find the Tuneups in the General category.

#316049 - Sat Aug 05 2006 06:47 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: agony]
familyguy002 Offline
Participant

My average score is 15% Is that too low??

#316050 - Sat Aug 05 2006 10:10 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: familyguy002]
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
15% is quite a low average, but it rather depends on the quizzes you've been taking. If you've mainly been attempting quizzes on subjects outside your normal sphere of knowledge, in order to learn something, a low average score might be expected. However, if you've also tried some of quizmaker tune-up quizzes, and are achieving only 15% in these, it's unlikely that you would at present be able to submit an acceptable quiz.
As well as having good knowledge of your chosen subject, you also need to show considerable accuracy in spelling and punctuation. Quiz editors will often correct minor errors, but will probably reject the quiz if there are too many. Having a quiz rejected should not be a cause for disillusionment though, as it should enable you to learn from your 'errors', and not make the same mistakes again!
In addition to the tune-up quizzes, I'd suggest you try some of the recent quizzes of funtrivia's more popular quiz creators. Look carefully at how they phrase the questions, and study their notes for detail and punctuation.
Quiz creation is quite challenging, but rewarding too, especially when you see players from all over the world deciding to try your quiz.

#316051 - Mon Aug 07 2006 12:57 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: picqero]
familyguy002 Offline
Participant

Thanks everyone for the advice, but here is the bottom line of my problem:

I log in, then click on "Create A Quiz" from the home page. I then go to this page:
--------------------------------------
Return to Homepage
Note: Please keep in mind that we get HUNDREDS of Entertainment, Movie and Music quiz submissions each month. These are ok, but our players like a nice mix of topics. Therefore, we encourage you to submit quizzes on areas such Science, Technology, Geography, Politics, History, Word Games, Animals. One can take only so much of NSYNC and the Simpsons!

Please be familiar with our quiz creation guidelines before starting. We do all that we can to ensure that created quizzes are accurate and well written.

New Quiz Creation Restrictions (due to our increased traffic):

you must have played at least 100 quizzes on FunTrivia.com to become familiar with the site. Note that this means answering questions, not just submitting blank quizzes. Don't waste your time doing that.
you must have had your account on FunTrivia.com for at least one month
multiple-choice questions only for your first three quizzes
We have added these requirements to ensure that you are aware of our standards for quiz creation and acceptance before you delve into quiz creation. We were simply receiving far too many poorly written quizzes from first-time players. We'd prefer to encourage good authors and discourage poor authors. If you do not meet these requirements, we encourage you to learn about our quiz creation system and guidelines in our Quizmaker Tune-Ups section.

Sorry, you must have PLAYED 100 quizzes.
--------------------------------------
The last sentence conflicts with my stats that say I have completed 105 quizzes with an accuracy of 15% (I've had my account for a month, so that's not a problem). So in essecne, I can't even be sure if my quiz will be accepted becuase I cannot access the actual quiz creation screen.

#316052 - Mon Aug 07 2006 12:59 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: familyguy002]
Leau Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Nijmegen/Brisbane
I think the 15% accuracy might be causing the problem. I seem to remember there's a built-in limit, to prevent people from submitting blank quizzes just to get to the 100 quizzes instead of actually playing them.

#316053 - Mon Aug 07 2006 02:32 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: Leau]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
I think that's it, too. Try playing a bunch of easy quizzes (the Quizmaker Tuneups are pretty easy, and it's stuff you need to know anyway). I suspect that after twenty or so, your average will rise enough to allow submission.

#316054 - Mon Aug 07 2006 06:07 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: agony]
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
I think the accuracy needs to be higher, from what I remember. 15% is quite low. Did you just randomly choose the answers? You should play quizzes on topics you know about.

Edited by ladymacb29 (Mon Aug 07 2006 06:08 PM)

Editor for Television Category

#316055 - Tue Aug 08 2006 03:28 PM Re: Creating a quiz [Re: ladymacb29]
familyguy002 Offline
Participant

i got my average up, and that did the trick. thanks all!

Moderator:  agony