Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#318328 - Wed Aug 16 2006 04:42 AM Categories closed for new submissions
gharsh1991 Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Delhi
I've only one quiz online coz i made only one. i wanted to make many quizzez on Harry Potter but the category is closed. Are these closed categories closed forever?

#318329 - Wed Aug 16 2006 08:27 AM Re: Categories closed for new submissions [Re: gharsh1991]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
I can't say about Harry Potter, because I don't edit in that category, but in Music, we have many bands whose categories are closed until they come out with a new album. Then we will open it up for a while, so authors can write quizzes on the new songs.
One thing to remember though - if a category has been closed, it will probably stay 'restricted' even when opened up again. There will be some restrictions on the questions that can be asked, and there may be additional requirements in terms of amount of interesting info, for instance. The basics of English (spelling, punctuation, grammar...) are always important here, but in a restricted category they are absolutely essential. If a quiz is submitted to a restricted category and is written all in lower case, for example, I won't even look at it. So, give that extra proofreading!

#318330 - Wed Aug 16 2006 08:28 AM Re: Categories closed for new submissions [Re: gharsh1991]
minch Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Vancouver Canada
Closed categories may be reopened. However, even if they are reopened only quizzes of special merit are likely to be considered. Mostly categories are closed when quizzes submitted to that category duplicate, or mostly duplicate, quizzes already online. In the case of Harry Potter, the category will reopen when the next book comes out.

If you wish to get a quiz online, chose a topic on which we do not have many quizzes. Originality is what we are looking for.

#318331 - Fri Aug 18 2006 06:47 AM Re: Categories closed for new submissions [Re: minch]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
Hi harsh,
I thought I'd check on your quizzes to see if you had a "HP" quiz about the book or the movie.
I found instead that there are no quizzes attributed to this name, and was a little surprised since you said in this post that you had one online.
Did your one quiz get deleted?

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#318332 - Fri Aug 18 2006 09:01 AM Re: Categories closed for new submissions [Re: skunkee]
gharsh1991 Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Delhi
My real name's Harsh but my funtrivia name is gharsh1991 & my one quiz online is of Pokemon.

#318333 - Fri Aug 18 2006 10:13 AM Re: Categories closed for new submissions [Re: gharsh1991]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
We really do prefer that you use the same name in both sides of Fun Trivia. It's less confusing that way to everyone.
Perhaps you could speak to one of the moderators for the Forums about reregistering with the same name that you use on the other part of the site.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

Moderator:  agony, gtho4