Rules
Terms of Use

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#325582 - Mon Oct 09 2006 06:32 AM How annoying is that?
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
All of you with significant others, past and present, must have some things about them that drives you crazy. Without getting to the really 'personal' annoyances, tell us what annoys you about your other half, or ex.

Mine use to take part of my newspaper when I was reading it. Oh, and since he was male, he left the seat up on the loo!

Edited by sue943 (Mon Oct 09 2006 06:33 AM)

#325583 - Mon Oct 09 2006 06:37 AM Re: How annoying is that?
Engadine Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sth East Qld Australia      
Oh where do I start?

Mmmm, he was such a 'gunna', he was gunna do this and he was gunna do that . . . and he never finished anything he started . . . so I did . . . D Day tomorrow . . .

Edited by Engadine (Mon Oct 09 2006 06:43 AM)

#325584 - Mon Oct 09 2006 06:48 AM Re: How annoying is that?
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
The world's slowest eater.

#325585 - Mon Oct 09 2006 06:54 AM Re: How annoying is that?
nic1990 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Australia
Quote:

The world's slowest eater.

Could be worse... He could be those fast and sloppy eaters that chew with his mouth open. My ex did that, but the thing that drove me insane was his indecisiveness. Everything from dinner to toilet paper!

#325586 - Mon Oct 09 2006 06:59 AM Re: How annoying is that?
colliwobbles Offline
Participant

Loc: Ferny Creek Victoria Australia
She always leaves the toilet seat down!
(Now stand back and wait for reaction )

#325587 - Mon Oct 09 2006 07:07 AM Re: How annoying is that?
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Well at least there are SOME situations when a male will require the seat to be lowered!

#325588 - Mon Oct 09 2006 07:10 AM Re: How annoying is that?
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
Leaving things at his backside.
He's really good at doing chores around the house, but I have to go behind him and clean up after him.
He hung the picture because the hammer's there where he used it, and there's the screwdriver where he tightened that peksy pot lid. Then he got himself a drink because the cupboard door is open and the empty glass is on his desk...that sort of thing.
The worst part about it, is both of my kids have inherited the tendency, and I have to constantly stay on top of them as well.
My daughter brought down 5 glasses from her desk yesterday and left them on the counter. Hello...I am the only one who knows how to put them in the dishwasher?

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#325589 - Mon Oct 09 2006 07:19 AM Re: How annoying is that?
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
First Husband
He used to leave a long line of clothes on the floor from bedroom to bathroom. I think I was expected to walk behind, picking them up.
The kitchen became a disaster area after he had cooked the one meal he know how to make(spag bol).Easily 6 pans and 4 wooden spoons.
He expected a hot meal on the table every evening, even when I was working and he was not. After he left he informed me that there was always the makings of a salad in the fridge at his girlfriend's place.

#325590 - Mon Oct 09 2006 08:03 AM Re: How annoying is that?
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
Quote:

My daughter brought down 5 glasses from her desk yesterday and left them on the counter. Hello...I am the only one who knows how to put them in the dishwasher?

It's the other way round in our house. I'm the one who always goes round the house collecting cups, glasses, etc from bedrooms, bathrooms, and even outside. I'm also the one who either loads the dishwasher, or re-loads it properly to accomodate more dishes, and ensure they all get cleaned by the water jets!
Oh, and I have to go round switching off lights, TV's and even oven or grills!

#325591 - Mon Oct 09 2006 08:09 AM Re: How annoying is that?
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Nebraska USA
The thing that most annoyed me about my ex, and the reason I left him, was his complete lack of accountability for anything. No matter what happened, even if he admitted to causing it, the consequences were not his fault. He could justify ANY action, and he didn't have the little switch that tells most people when to stop. Which basically boiled down to: He would do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted, sometimes to foolish extremes, and anything bad that came of it was never his fault. He yelled at me, hurt my feelings, it was MY fault for letting what he said get to me. When we talked about having kids and I said he'd have to stop smoking pot, his response was that when we had kids he'd never smoke "around them". And one night when he was still a reservist he got drunk and passed out before setting his alarm, and I didn't know whether he still had to iron and polish before leaving in the morning, so I tried to wake him to find out what time he needed to get up. That was the one and only time he was physically violent with me, and he woke up in the morning not remembering it. When I explained the large bruise on my back was from the bedside lamp hitting me, he told me I should have known better than to try to wake him when he was that drunk... Nothing was EVER his fault. Even when I finally left him, after all that, he told all our friends that I left him because I was sleeping with another man. Hmph. Stupid boys.

The only thing wrong with my current husband is his apparent belief that he is immortal. His sister was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes at the age he is now. His dad has had both legs amputated at the knee because of diabetes. My husband has high blood pressure and is not fat, but is chronically overweight. Yet when I suggest that perhaps he pay more attention to his weight and diet, he simply informs me that he hasn't had any symptoms of diabetes, and therefore he need not be concerned. Hmph. Stupid boys.

#325592 - Mon Oct 09 2006 08:20 AM Re: How annoying is that?
nic1990 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Australia
Quote:

Hmph. Stupid boys.

It would be interesting to see what males have to say about womens annoying habits, except that we don't have any!

#325593 - Mon Oct 09 2006 08:37 AM Re: How annoying is that?
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Walking up and down and moving from one foot to the other whilst talking on the phone, then my son developed this same habit.

My ex had 'a thing' about clover in the lawn. He used to sit for hours on the grass pulling out pieces of clover, in the meantime I was attempting to cut the grass and had to drive around him. We were not talking about him every being able to succeed, we had an acre of lawn! Much more effective to use a spray.

#325594 - Mon Oct 09 2006 10:20 AM Re: How annoying is that?
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
Let's see. I'm thinking that at the moment, the ability to start about ten projects simultaneously without thinking about the consequences on the daily life you'll be leading with these messes in your midst.

I mean tearing down the ceiling in the bathroom and tearing the light fixtures off the wall, taking out the books from under the staircase where they were stowed until we found a shelf to put them on...and then leaving them in the middle of the room because he is tired of doing everything. Leaving a ladder here and the saw there because something prevented him from finishing that project.
It drives me crazy.

#325595 - Mon Oct 09 2006 04:21 PM Re: How annoying is that?
Gamemaster1967 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Richmond TX
There are many things, but the main thing is this. The man thinks his only job as a husband it to go to work and make money. That's it, nothing more.

#325596 - Mon Oct 09 2006 04:26 PM Re: How annoying is that?
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Quote:

The man thinks his only job as a husband it to go to work and make money.

That is the ONLY thing he was any good at as far as I am concerned, oh, and photography.

#325597 - Tue Oct 10 2006 02:31 AM Re: How annoying is that?
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Sneezing. Never once or twice but seven or eight times in quick succession. The sneezes are not minor 'atishoo' types. They sound like a gun going off!

#325598 - Tue Oct 10 2006 04:23 AM Re: How annoying is that?
gretas Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Northern Maine, USA
My first husband was a violent SOB, which was pretty annoying as you can probably imagine. After six years of physical abuse of the worst kind, I was thrilled to marry a man who was patently undemonstrative in almost every way save for always doing what was supposed to be done in terms of working, paying bills, cleaning up, etc. BUT after twenty-two years of marriage, my husband drives me insane with his silence and seeming disinterest in talking about anything but his one passion: canoe racing. The only time he talks to me or our one remaining "at home" child is when he has a criticism to level. It drives me CRAZY. Silence for hours, and then..."You know, that's not the way to peel a potato."

#325599 - Tue Oct 10 2006 04:26 AM Re: How annoying is that?
Blinkybill Offline
Prolific

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia          
Quote:

Sneezing. Never once or twice but seven or eight times in quick succession. The sneezes are not minor 'atishoo' types. They sound like a gun going off!

I can relate to that!

#325600 - Thu Oct 12 2006 02:36 PM Re: How annoying is that?
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Tennessee USA
One of my husband's worst habits is telling me what needs to be done--while I am in the process of doing it--as though I didn't realize that the dishes needed to be washed! He's also good at leaving messes even when he is doing something for the house. I came home from work a few weeks ago only to find everything in my kitchen covered in black dust because he was regrouting the tile.

#325601 - Thu Oct 12 2006 02:42 PM Re: How annoying is that?
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
Ok, that last one gets me. Sounds like this one...seeing something 'amiss' on your side of the room and throwing it on the floor, yet his side has pants or a shirt thrown on the floor!

Emptying the dryer out, taking your clothes and leaving the other person's on the floor!

Saying stuff like Tiffanyram's hubby and prefacing it with, 'if you have the time...'

Having a nice meal, getting up and saying, 'I'll leave you the rest...' though, you knew you'd get stuck with it anyway.

#325602 - Thu Oct 12 2006 06:17 PM Re: How annoying is that?
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
Maynooth is very easy to live with, on the whole, but he does have a couple of annoying habits. And I'm sure I've got more than he does!

Like Sue's ex, he takes part of the newspaper while I am reading it, so that I lose track of which bits I have read and which bits I haven't read.

But even worse, he nicks my magazines and does the puzzles before I have a chance to read them. Just last night, for example, I got my magazine and proceeded to the living room to settle down to read it. On the way through the kitchen, I put it down on the table for just a few minutes while I did a small job. Then I went to get my magazine and it was gone. I searched high and low, thinking that I must have put it down somewhere else. No prizes for guessing who had pounced on it.

#325603 - Thu Oct 12 2006 06:23 PM Re: How annoying is that?
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
< he nicks my magazines and does the puzzles before I have a chance to read them>
Now THAT, to me is a hanging offence!

#325604 - Thu Oct 12 2006 06:32 PM Re: How annoying is that?
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
An ex of mine would borrow money, promise to pay it back within a week - fortnight at most, weeks and months sometimes would go by with no sign of it and he'd ask to borrow more and couldn't understand why I wouldn't give him any and then would get quite nasty about it. Not unhappy to be out of that relationship!

#325605 - Thu Oct 12 2006 07:37 PM Re: How annoying is that?
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Tennessee USA
I forgot to mention, doesn't like the room to be messy, yet it is always his clothes on the floor. Then, if I forget to search through the room to find the ones that aren't in the hamper, is upset that I didn't wash them.

#325606 - Thu Oct 12 2006 07:52 PM Re: How annoying is that?
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
"< he nicks my magazines and does the puzzles before I have a chance to read them>
Now THAT, to me is a hanging offence!"

Yes, and he can't see why!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943