Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#345845 - Mon Feb 05 2007 12:59 PM Recipe Exchange - Requests
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
If you are looking for a particular recipe or idea and have not found it in any of the Recipe Exchange threads post your request below.

When responding to requests, please post in the appropriate thread for the recipe.

A list of recipe groups can be found on...

To Main Recipe Exchange Page

Edited by SilverMoonsong (Fri Feb 10 2012 12:31 PM)

#345846 - Fri Mar 30 2007 11:35 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: sue943]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Recipe required for a barbeque sauce for pork spare ribs suitable for diabetics so not too much sweet stuff like honey or sugar.

If you have a recipe please post in the appropriate thread, not in this one.

http://www.funtrivia.com/ubbthreads/show...ge=0#Post612812 is for pork dishes but I think we could use a thread for sauces so will create one.

#345847 - Sun Apr 22 2007 06:28 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: sue943]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Duchey has requested a recipe for brownies - please post the recipe in the cakes and cookies thread. Thanks.

#345848 - Sat May 05 2007 01:06 PM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: sue943]
skumma Offline
Participant

Loc: France
To all our Oz friends - Help! My 12 yr old grandson returned to England raving over the meat pies he had in Sydney.From what I can gather it seems like a shepherds pie with pastry bottom.He's coming to stay here with me in July and I'd love to do one for him.

#345849 - Thu May 31 2007 03:07 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: skumma]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Im' after something pretty simple and not to flashy to do with crayfish (or clawfish or lobster - whatever you want to call it)?

I love the taste of it but find it pretty strong so thought to do something in a nice sauce perhaps to blend the taste.

#345850 - Thu May 31 2007 08:18 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: Copago]
romeomikegolf Offline

Administrator

Loc: Rothwell Northants England UK 

Would the last person to leave the planet please turn off the lights.

#345851 - Wed Jun 06 2007 05:25 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: romeomikegolf]
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
I have a request from one Canadian to another.

Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade Butter Tarts that has maybe been handed down through generations?

If so please post the recipe in the Cakes,Cookies and Pastries.

Thanks in advance.
PF

#345852 - Mon Jul 09 2007 03:47 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: PurpleFan]
Taesma Offline
Prolific

Loc: Bay Area California USA      
I'm looking for an easy recipe for trout.
Preferably something kid-friendly, ie not too spicy or with too many ingredients. Kind of tired of the old corn-mealed, pan-fried version.

#345853 - Wed Jul 25 2007 09:52 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: Taesma]
red_stone Offline
Explorer

Loc: Ontario Canada
i am looking for a recipe for canned green tomatoes. I used to have agood one that i liked but it has been lost over the years. Thank-you to anyonet hat can help me

#345854 - Tue Aug 21 2007 12:36 PM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: red_stone]
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
I have a urgent request for a POT Roast recipe. I have never made one and for some reason after 23yrs of marriage my Husband wants a pot roast.

I have read a few recipes but all I have is beef Broth to cook it in.I am also nervous about browning it as I don't really have a heavy pot to do that with.

Can I cheat and throwe it in the oven with the beef broth and vegetables and just cook it slow?

It is a beautiful 2.095kg Round roast so it should be ok I hope?

Any and all help is appreciated. I am hoping to get it made in the morning tomorrow and let it cook all day.

Thank you in advance!
PF

#345855 - Sat Sep 22 2007 02:27 PM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: PurpleFan]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Due to a glut of raspberries here (5kg last week and 6kg today), I'd love to know what suggestions you may have to make the most of them...

I've made a stack of pots of jam and of coulis, I've several kilos frozen to use in the winter time, and I've tried canning a few in syrup.

Any suggestions for how to use the rest (reasonably) fresh, or to preserve them any other way?

#345856 - Wed Jun 25 2008 12:56 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: Santana2002]
ablesentinel Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Kansas USA   
I need a low-cost dish to take to work to share with co-workers. It needs to be easily heated in the microwave if it needs heated at all. And it also needs to be both lactose free and sugar free. Any ideas?

Edit: Oh yeah and no strawberries either. Last time I brought Little Smokies in a spicy brown mustard and strawberry jam sauce. It was a hit but one guy was allergic to strawberries and two people couldn't have sugar.

Edited by ablesentinel (Wed Jun 25 2008 01:07 AM)
Last edited by Bill Clinton's alien mistress (Mon May 31 2008 12:20 PM)

#345857 - Wed Jun 25 2008 07:20 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: ablesentinel]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
This is why there are so many recipes for macaroni salad out there.....

I'd suggest a hearty soup like minestrone. If you are the kind of person who has a ham bone laying around, a big pot of this is practically free. Full of veggies and beans and other things that are good for you. In a hurry now, but I'll post a method later.

#345858 - Sat Dec 27 2008 01:18 PM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: agony]
cydonia325 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Stepford New York USA        
Does anyone have a recipe for a really good mince pie and/or plum pudding? (I prefer not using commercially made mincemeat). Since I left England, I haven't found a good recipe for either.

I have tried everything from "The Joy of Cooking" to "Gourmet", epicurious.com, "Food & Wine" and many more. They have all been terrible to insipid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#345859 - Sat Dec 27 2008 06:53 PM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests *DELETED* [Re: cydonia325]
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Sandusky Ohio USA         
Post deleted by jordandog

(This recipe was moved here )

Edited by SilverMoonsong (Mon Jan 05 2009 04:41 PM)

#345860 - Sun Jan 04 2009 08:54 PM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: jordandog]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Does anyone know a recipe for a lower-fat/lower-cholesterol alfredo sauce? Preferably one that still tastes good

I am charge of cooking dinner a couple nights a week, but my brother is the pickiest eater you will ever meet! Simple pasta with cream sauce is one of the only thing he eats (musn't have any vegetables or anything in it!), but the recipe I use calls for like 6 tbsp of butter and a cup and a half of heavy cream... that's something I shouldn't be cooking too often!

#345861 - Mon Jan 05 2009 11:14 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests *DELETED* [Re: guitargoddess]
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Post deleted by jordandog

(This recipe was moved here )

Edited by SilverMoonsong (Mon Jan 05 2009 04:42 PM)

#345862 - Mon Jan 05 2009 11:47 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: jordandog]
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Oooops! I am so sorry, Sue, for posting not just one, but two recipes in here! I promise I will not do it again!

(hangs head in shame and goes to lie down in corner with dog...)

Posts have been moved to respective categories ie Dessert and Sauces.

Edited by jordandog (Mon Jan 05 2009 04:34 PM)

#345863 - Mon Jan 05 2009 12:08 PM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: jordandog]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Thanks for the recipe! I'll give it a try within the next couple of weeks and let you know Sounds like it would still be good!

#345864 - Sun Dec 13 2009 03:40 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: guitargoddess]
littlesuzie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Melton
VIC Australia
Does anyone have a recipe for Russian Potato Salad - it's a variation on normal potato salad with alot more stuff in it - although I'm not sure what's in it - I do know it has eggs though

#345865 - Sun Dec 13 2009 04:48 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: littlesuzie]
auntie1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Kingsville VIC Australia
Check Salad category. "Marika's Mum" was Ukrainian-born, and Marika was my daughter's grade 4,5 and 6 teacher. I've been making this recipe for 25 years since, and it's always requested when I ask, "what should I bring?."

#639016 - Tue Jul 05 2011 02:08 PM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: auntie1]
debodun Offline
Participant

Loc: New York USA
Lazy Rice Pudding

1 1/2 cups instant rice
1 1/2 cups water

Boil water and add rice. When water starts to boil again, remove from heat, cover and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large (4 qt. cooking pot) combine:

6 Tbsp. corn starch
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
4 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Cook the milk mixture over medium heat until it starts to thicken, with CONSTANT stirring (this takes about 10 minutes or so). Being careful not to scorch the pudding, continue to cook for another minute or so until really thick (should be the consistency of paint). Remove from heat and fold in the cooked rice. Let cool, uncovered, to room temperature. When cool, fold in 1/2 of an 8 oz. container of refrigerated whipped topping (a.k.a. Cool Whip to Americans). When the pudding cools off it will form a skin on the top. You can peel it off before folding in the whipped topping, or go ahead and mix it right in - that's good to eat, too. Transfer to serving dish. Refrigerate any uneaten portion. It will keep a few days in the fridge. If it starts to separate, just stir it up again.

#824263 - Mon Sep 17 2012 07:45 AM Re: Recipe Exchange - Requests [Re: debodun]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Does anyone have a recipe for microwave tuna casserole? I used to have one, but foolishly threw it away. The one I had wasn't really big, and I could just use the plastic pan I have. All that I've seen (that I don't object to) require a two-quart casserole dish, which I don't have yet. I remember the recipe I had used elbow macaroni and frozen peas. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong