Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#373023 - Sat Jul 07 2007 10:31 PM What camera do you use?
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Texas USA
Everyone has been taking such great shots in the Photo-A-Day thread. I'm wondering what kind of camera each of you use? Or do you use more than one? I have a digital Olympus recently purchased and still trying to learn how to use it.

Also, if you had your choice, what would be your "ideal" camera?

#373024 - Sat Jul 07 2007 10:35 PM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: Jar]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
At the moment , I can't see beyond my little Sony Cybershot. I am so pleased with it and I am really happy that even a klutz like me can take reasonable pictures with it. Maybe one day I will look at more complex cameras, but for the moment this one is the one for me.

#373025 - Sun Jul 08 2007 12:04 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: ren33]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
I have a Panasonic lumix DMC-LZ7 and love it. It's my second one after killing the first in a horrible accident. It was three days before going to meet Ren so drastic action had to be taken and I was off to the first shop I could find to get another one. Cyrstal clear photos and nice features.

Would love to have a SLR/Rebel but I don't think my brain can work around all those different manual things

#373026 - Wed Jul 11 2007 08:02 PM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: Copago]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
The photos I have posted have come from a Samsung cell phone. It's real simple to change sizes so that I'm not running a 1280x1024 for the Photo-a-Day thread.

#373027 - Thu Jul 12 2007 03:20 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: Copago]
ladylizzy Offline
Participant

Loc: Essex
well i use a Canon sureshot or the digital camera built into my mobile.

#373028 - Thu Jul 12 2007 08:51 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: ladylizzy]
satguru Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
I've got a 5 megapixel Olympus FE 5500, does the job fine but an SLR would avoid many errors if I had one. I could also do with a second memory card when I need to use the high definition for zooms, which I may get eventually.

UN IPCC

#373029 - Tue Jul 17 2007 06:26 PM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: satguru]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
I use a Nikon Coolpix E995, which is about 7 years old. I have become used to it, but I would like a little smaller camera that doesn't have such a long shutter delay. I really have to "lead" the picture and many times have to take multiple shots just to get the one I want, then go back and delete the extras. But then, that's really the beauty of digital cameras, right?

#373030 - Wed Jul 18 2007 12:16 PM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: ClaraSue]
DakotaNorth Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
The photos I've posted come from my Nokia - T-Mobile cell phone.

#373031 - Thu Jul 19 2007 05:32 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: DakotaNorth]
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
We just got a Kodak EasyShare Z710 before going on vacation in March. I had an Olympus 400 series which was about 7 years old that I dearly loved and took excellent pictures, but it was getting obsolete - had no zoom, and the software to load the pictures on the computer wouldn't work with Windows XP. I like the Kodak, and the zoom does come in handy when you're traveling! You just get so comfortable with the old one, ya know?

#373032 - Sat Jul 28 2007 03:33 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: cinnam0n]
lavenlaar Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Sydney, NSW Australia
Ive got a Canon 30D with 70-200mm USM-L f/4 C

for those that go "huh?!?"

A big lens (not compensating!) i shoot motorsport events here in Sydney

#373033 - Wed Aug 08 2007 12:26 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: lavenlaar]
romeomikegolf Offline

Administrator

Loc: Rothwell Northants England UK 
The ones I've posted were mainly taken on a Fuji FinepixF10. I've also got a Pentax MZ SLR which I use for situations that the F10 can't handle.

Would the last person to leave the planet please turn off the lights.

#373034 - Tue Aug 14 2007 03:26 PM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: romeomikegolf]
avallon Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Auckland New Zealand          
A camera, a camera... my kingdom for a camera!

I have 2 vintage Pentax, and they both need maintenance which I cannot afford right now.

I should bite the bullet and buy a digital camera.

#373035 - Sat Sep 15 2007 04:19 PM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: avallon]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Copago, I will shortly have one similar but not quite the same as your Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7, mine will be a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8.

The instructor on my photography course is a professional photographer and he says the Lumix range are very superior cameras, it is the lens, which are by Leica, that makes them so good.

#373036 - Sun Sep 16 2007 05:06 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: sue943]
Leau Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Nijmegen/Brisbane
Sue, my mum bought a Lumix FZ8 a few weeks ago, because it was the best camera in a test by a Dutch consumers' orginisation. I played around with it a bit and it's a great camera! I'm sooo jealous!

#373037 - Sun Sep 16 2007 07:48 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: Leau]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

I am hoping it will arrive tomorrow as it is the class and we are going out to take photos, weather permitting - although he did say we wouldn't melt if it rains so presumably we will be going out regardless.

#373038 - Thu Feb 14 2008 02:11 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: sue943]
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
I just bought another camera. I don't know why because I don't take too many photos these days. It's winter, we don't go far and there is only so much one can photograph in our area.

I think what did it was that I've had a number of failed photos because my present camera doesn't focus well in low light conditions. Also, I saw a couple of wildlife photos on the Internet that impressed me. Movement had been frozen by the camera used, the lighting and detail was superb. There's no way my camera could have done that!

After a day's research, I settled on a a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H7. It cost about as much as I'm prepared to pay for taking, hopefully, good photos during the coming summer months. It's certainly more bulky than my present camera and not so 'bicycle saddlebag' friendly. Therefore not so suitable for me in some respects. Nonetheless, it has advantages and features that compact cameras don't have. The new camera is termed a 'bridge' camera because it fills the gap between a compact camera and a SLR (single-lens reflex) one.

I've done it now. Parted with the money and the camera will arrive in a few days. I hope it won't end up sitting in a drawer for most of the time .

#373039 - Thu Feb 14 2008 03:51 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: tellywellies]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Ooooer, a new toy - enjoy.

#373040 - Thu Feb 14 2008 05:16 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: sue943]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
Mine is Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55, Martin and I love it. Even I have taken good pics with it and it is so easy to use.

#373041 - Thu Feb 14 2008 08:18 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: ren33]
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania USA
My new camera is an Olympus Stylus 770 SW. It's very compact, which is a huge factor for me. Plus it's easy to use with lots of great settings to play with; I'm hoping to take a trip to China with it in the upcoming year.

#373042 - Thu Feb 14 2008 01:52 PM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: BurgGurl]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
My new camera I got at Christmas this year is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3. It is so much more compact than my last digital that I'm able to carry it in my pocket most times. I still haven't taken as many photos as I'd like, I'm still learning on it, but I have been very pleased with the results so far.

#373043 - Thu Feb 14 2008 02:07 PM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: ClaraSue]
djsgal Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Springfield Virginia USA     
TW, could we have a photo of your new camera when it arrives? Taken with your OLD camera, of course. Mine is a Pentax Optio M10 - also very compact like others mentioned here, but like you, TW, I've seen photos that I drool over but I know I could never get those shots with my little digital. I'll be curious to hear how you like your "bridge" camera.

#373044 - Thu Feb 14 2008 02:22 PM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: djsgal]
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
A slight hitch on delivery times but yes, I'll post a photo when I have it. If you do a search on all the models listed here, there's nearly always a picture of them. It's quite interesting to see the models and read what the testers say about them.

#373045 - Mon Jun 16 2008 05:12 AM Re: What camera do you use? [Re: tellywellies]
mc_shellsie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Vancouver Island BC Canada
The DSLR camera which i use the most is the Sony Alpha 100.

Edited by mcshellsie (Mon Jun 16 2008 05:14 AM)

Moderator:  Copago, LeoDaVinci, ren33