Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#386576 - Mon Sep 10 2007 02:51 AM This Weeks Theme Is Toys
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
Teddys,toys,spinning tops or anything else that you played with as a child,or as an adult.

#386577 - Mon Sep 10 2007 11:42 AM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Nebraska USA
This is Creepy Bunny. It was my very first knitting project, for Kit for Easter in 2004. He's based on a pattern for a dog in a 1960's pattern book. (Is it just me or were all homemade critters from the 60's a little creepy?) Looking at him now, I see all the things I could have done better, but at the time, having picked up the needles for the first time just 4 days earlier, I felt pretty pleased.

#386578 - Mon Sep 10 2007 01:42 PM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
argus9 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada   
I wish I had some of my old toys, they might be worth something today. This is my Policeman Teddy who guards the bedroom.

Homer Simpson

#386579 - Tue Sep 11 2007 08:11 PM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
This is a toy I received back in 1981 for Christmas. To be almost 26 years old, it doesn't look too bad, and now my niece plays with it.

#386580 - Wed Sep 12 2007 03:44 PM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I've always been fond of "Furry Friends" (otherwise known as cuddly toys!) and had my fair share of Sindy dolls in my younger days. But I have two dolls which are special. Barbara is a musical doll (wind her key at the back of her and she plays Brahms Lullaby. She originally had a doll to nurse - when the music played, her arms rocked the baby as well as her neck moving and her eyes opened and closed. The baby disappeared many years ago. Although her eyes don't work as well as they used to but not bad for almost 30 years old.

Another doll will be displayed tomorrow

#386581 - Wed Sep 12 2007 04:08 PM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
Au_Naturel Offline
Prolific

Loc: West Virginia
Here is my favorite baby doll sitting on my childhood rocker. She definitely shows signs of heavy use--almost all her eyelashes are missing and the poor thing is about half bald! I think I liked her the best out of all the dolls I ever had because she was the closest to a real baby, having a soft body and hair and near the size of a toddler.

Edited by Au_Naturel (Thu Sep 13 2007 05:12 PM)

#386582 - Thu Sep 13 2007 03:32 PM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
I'm afraid all toys I owned as a child have long since disappeared into the 'great toy graveyard', so I hope this image of a modern 'toy' is acceptable. It's the biggest Bouncy Castle I've ever seen!

#386583 - Thu Sep 13 2007 05:38 PM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
Taesma Offline
Prolific

Loc: Bay Area California USA      
Wow, picqero, my daughter would have a heart attack if she saw that, she loves bouncies!

This is my grandmother's dollie. I don't remember what my grandma called her, so I call her Grace. Grace was the name of my grandma's adopted baby sister who died at about 18 months old. The name was then passed on to my grandmother as one of her middle names. So I thought it appropriate to carry it on.
This doll is around 100 years old; she had her hair and ribbons replaced sometime in the 60s, but the rest of her is original. The undershirt she wears is one that my grandmother wore when she was a baby. She also uses her hairpins.

#386584 - Fri Sep 14 2007 10:00 AM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
What a lovely story, tinged with sadness too. If that doll could speak, I'll bet she'd have some fascinating tales to tell!

#386585 - Fri Sep 14 2007 12:37 PM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Unfortunately since on I'm on the road currently, I can't get a picture of my favorite toy. I have a rag doll that I've had for 40 years whose name is Penelope Witchypoo that I dearly love that my grandmother gave me for Christmas one year. So, I have to cheat and show ClaraSue's toys. She was terribly concerned what I was doing with them when I set them out for picture time.

#386586 - Sat Sep 15 2007 03:37 AM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Well ClaraSue certainly knows , better than Gnawra does, how to take care of toys!They are really cute.
Mine is also not of my real toys who are in England with my daughters and families.
This is one of a few newish ones, except for the black poodle on the left who was given to me by a boyfriend many years ago.His name is "Das Letzte". Teddies nowadays remind me of the dear friends who gave them to me.

#386587 - Sat Sep 15 2007 06:00 AM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
I won't ask where the purple one came from!

I only have a few 'toys', this teddy has a a very special place in my heart, it is to look after me.

#386588 - Sat Sep 15 2007 02:44 PM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
What a cute bear Sue. I've got a very similar one who watches over the room too

#386589 - Sat Sep 15 2007 03:25 PM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
spanishliz Online   FT-cool
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
I have already posted several photos of my Teddy in the Photo-a-Day threads, and though I still have a number of other toys, both from childhood and later, I decided to take some pics of my Mum's collection when I visited her today. She loves Teds, and stuffed dogs and other cuddly toys. This is just part of her collection!

The bear wearing the blue dress is named Victoria, and the doggy on the right is Bouncer. One of the other dogs is Churchill and I can't remember the names of all the others. I think my sister made the green bunny in sewing class many years ago!

#386590 - Sun Sep 16 2007 03:24 AM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

NSW Australia
I showed my daughter the jumping castle photo posted by Picqero and her eyes grew larger and she stated how impressed she was. She also mentioned that I should take her to the castle soon!

Less than 24 hours to post your toy photo in this thread!

#386591 - Sun Sep 16 2007 07:14 AM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
It's bad enough to find monkeys on your porch first thing in the morning. But monkeys bearing Slinkys? Nothing worse, I tell ya, nothing worse could happen ...

#386592 - Mon Sep 17 2007 04:59 AM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

NSW Australia
This weeks slide show can be viewed here.

#386593 - Mon Sep 17 2007 06:32 AM Re: This Weeks Theme Is Toys
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Thank you Roos. Well, no toying around . Time to dig into the 'Food' theme.

Moderator:  flopsymopsy