Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#389234 - Fri Sep 28 2007 03:48 AM Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
myrab51 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Florida USA
I had a player submit a quiz correction yesterday. At first I thought she was saying it was the answers to my quiz that were incorrect. It took a couple of messages to get what was going on worked out.

Apparently, after answering each question the flash response would say that the answer was incorrect. She said this was happening even when the answer was correct. Basically, if she answered apple, she would get the response, 'Incorrect The Answer: Apple' even though that is what she entered. She said she was frustrated and exited out. She came back and tried it again later and it worked fine. She scored well.

Is this being worked on, or is this hopefully just a weird glitch that maybe won't happen again? Anyone else heard anything like this recently?

#389235 - Fri Sep 28 2007 06:26 AM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
First I've heard of it - possibly Terry has been working on the problems we are having with Flash not recognizing certain punctuation, and your player just got caught in it...

#389236 - Fri Sep 28 2007 03:09 PM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
zanazana Offline
Participant

Loc: Brazil

Same thing happend to me in 3 different Quizzes in Classic mode. I always reported it to the author. I am using Opera and in Internet Explorer the problem was not reproduced. In all three cases it involved apostrophes in the question or answer.

#389237 - Fri Sep 28 2007 06:52 PM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
If there was punctuation involved, then, yes, Terry is aware and is working on it. It would be helpful, the next time this happens, to note which system you were using, which mode, the quiz number, and when it happened.

#389238 - Sat Sep 29 2007 06:50 AM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
stuthehistoryguy Offline
Prolific

Loc: Omaha Nebraska USA      
I've gotten it a good deal. I've taken to disabling Flash on most of my quizzes.

#389239 - Sat Sep 29 2007 05:55 PM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
ginnyrocks Offline
Forum Adept

This has happened to me before as well.

#389240 - Tue Oct 02 2007 12:14 PM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
myrab51 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Florida USA
The quiz in specific had only commas, periods, and question marks. There was an apostrophe in one question. The entire quiz seemed to be off for her though. Would this be enough to do it? It is my 'Ellis Island' quiz if it would help (an editor) to see which one.

#389241 - Tue Oct 02 2007 03:17 PM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
stuthehistoryguy Offline
Prolific

Loc: Omaha Nebraska USA      
Quote:

The quiz in specific had only commas, periods, and question marks. There was an apostrophe in one question. The entire quiz seemed to be off for her though. Would this be enough to do it?

It can, yes. Terry occasionally changes character sets for the site, which will tend to throw things into higgeldy-piggledyness. Also, browsers don't always behave as they ought to - I remember a fellow who missed a question on one of my quizzes because his browser automatically blocked out the word "Playboy".

#389242 - Sat Oct 06 2007 08:02 PM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
zanazana Offline
Participant

Just got one more (one every 100 on average) Quiz problem. The Quiz, played in classic mode, is Fractions.

The text I received was

Your Answer: 3.142… (pi)
The correct answer was 3.142… (pi).

I use XP and Opera.

Punctuation problems?...

#389243 - Sat Oct 06 2007 08:08 PM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
zanazana Offline
Participant

Let me correct the error report. In the message I just sent, I ment to write

The correct answer was 3.142... (pi).

But because I used Copy + Paste from the original Quiz, the 3 points became something else.

One more hint for solving the bug?

#389244 - Sun Oct 07 2007 05:01 AM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
malik24 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somerset UK
I had something similar with a degree sign in a quiz I played... answered it correctly but it said I got it wrong.

#389245 - Sun Oct 07 2007 06:51 AM Re: Innacurate Flash Quiz Responses
slinkycat Offline
Participant

Loc: Tamworth NSW Australia
The same thing happened to me on a flash quiz.I did let the author know,but they said it was probably a bug somewhere.I did the quiz 3 times as I thought I was going nuts!

Moderator:  agony