Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#389610 - Sun Sep 30 2007 10:48 AM Photographer badge
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
With the increasing popularity of the photo-a-day and themed photo threads, might it not be time to introduce a 'Photographer' badge?
This could go to FT members who have posted, let's say 100 images in photo-a-day. Maybe also a 'super-photographer' badge could be awarded to members who post 250 images in photo-a-day or 50 images in the weekly themed photo?
Any thoughts?

#389611 - Sun Sep 30 2007 11:42 AM Re: Photographer badge
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
The idea is good but I don't see how it can be done. Terry wrote the software for the main site and has programmed the main site badges so they are automatically awarded. The forum software is 'off the shelf' with a few tweaks by Terry, it doesn't link well with the main site, hence the two different logins.

The badges would need to be awarded manually which would mean someone counting up the photos. Only the administrators have access to the various control panels.

Another problem I could see is that some of the members are 'badge crazy' and it is possible that we could be flooded with people posting what might be copyright photos just to get a badge.

Although the idea is good, I cannot see it as viable.

#389612 - Sun Sep 30 2007 02:31 PM Re: Photographer badge
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
What about a badge for the best photo of the week and the best photo of the month? That would be easier. Perhaps with a panel of judges?

#389613 - Sun Sep 30 2007 05:09 PM Re: Photographer badge
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
It was just a passing thought, as it seemed to me that posters in photo-a-day generally aren't 'badge collectors'.
I don't like the idea of a 'best photo' badge as it would be far too subjective a decision.
What is best or interesting to one person, might be completely boring to someone else, and there'd also be the decision of subject versus quality.

Moderator:  flopsymopsy