Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#412624 - Wed Mar 05 2008 07:42 AM Two Quiz questions
fontenilles Offline
Explorer

Loc: Fontenilles France
Good day Quizzyland

I have a question about the quiz I'm in the middle of doing. It tells me that question ten is 'ok' complete even though I have not written the interesting info yet. I was wondering why?

I have another question about crosswords. I have now written ten quizzes but I'm still unable to submit a crossword.
Is there a definite criteria for this?

Regards
Robin

#412625 - Wed Mar 05 2008 09:31 AM Re: Two Quiz questions
fontenilles Offline
Explorer

The first question is no longer important as it's 'put it's self right'.
The crossword question I would love an informed reply to, as I've been told conflicting things

Regards
Robin

#412626 - Wed Mar 05 2008 10:42 AM Re: Two Quiz questions
maninmidohio Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Newark Ohio USA
You may want to check out this recent thread on this board that discusses what it takes to be able to create crosswords on this site.

http://www.funtrivia.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=954058&page=0

#412627 - Wed Mar 05 2008 12:03 PM Re: Two Quiz questions
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
Robin,
If the quizzes you have written have required a lot of corrections and notes from Editors, you will not be able to create crosswords. This topic just came up recently for discussion. Sandy

#412628 - Wed Mar 05 2008 12:40 PM Re: Two Quiz questions
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Even if you haven't required 'a lot' of corrections to your quizzes, there is no set number of quizzes you need before you can create a crossword (at least no set number that has been officially said).

Edited by guitargoddess (Wed Mar 05 2008 12:42 PM)

#412629 - Wed Mar 05 2008 12:40 PM Re: Two Quiz questions
CellarDoor Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Seattle
Washington USA
Good day Robin!
Quote:

It tells me that question ten is 'ok' complete even though I have not written the interesting info yet. I was wondering why?

When you save a quiz, the system analyzes the questions to make sure that you satisfy some basic standards that have been hard-coded into our software. It makes sure that your questions have answers, that your questions have questions, and that they aren't all punctuated like this!!!!! (It also checks for capital letters at the beginning of questions and warns you about common spelling errors, such as typing "alot" for "a lot."

In almost all of the site, interesting info is required for every question, so the software checks for the presence of interesting info as well. In the Brain Teasers category, however, interesting info is not a requirement that is hard-coded into the system. Thus, the system does not check for it when you save your quiz, and your question will show up as "OK" even when it lacks an info section. Was your quiz a Brain Teasers quiz? (If not, there may have been a glitch, or there may have been something typed in there that you weren't aware of ... such as several blank lines and a word just out of view).

The "OK" label after each question shows only that the question has met some minimal requirements; it might still need a lot of work!

CellarDoor
Editor (Religion, Music, Humanities)

#412630 - Wed Mar 05 2008 02:14 PM Re: Two Quiz questions
fontenilles Offline
Explorer

No Sandy my quizzes have been surprisingly lacking in corrections by editors or players. I'll have a look at the link provided by maninmidohio (thank you maninmidhio)

Robin

Moderator:  agony