Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#422212 - Sun May 18 2008 03:21 AM This week's theme is 'My favorite....'
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
The theme of 'My favorite ...anything, which someone else in your home hates'' is a suggestion by lady1. So we could say, "I love this item but my partner or child (maybe a friend) hates it".

#422213 - Tue May 20 2008 07:16 PM Re: This week's theme is 'My favorite....' [Re: tellywellies]
argus9 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada   
Well since no one else has posted here, I'll go first.

This is a tie my daughter gave me for father's day many years ago when she was much younger. "Oh you must wear it Dad, it's the in thing" So I did, I wore it everything I needed a tie. After all my daughter gave it to me. I later learned that she got it as a joke at a discount store. Both she and Mrs. Argus had a good laugh. But the laugh is on them. I really really liked this tie. I still wear it much to their embarrassment.

Edited by argus9 (Tue May 20 2008 07:17 PM)

Homer Simpson

#422214 - Wed May 21 2008 10:13 AM Re: This week's theme is 'My favorite....' [Re: argus9]
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
My wife doesn't like these Kenyan statuettes, which is completely illogical as our dining room has an African theme with pictures, bowls vases, etc, from Africa. I love them, though normally they stand apart each side of the fireplace.

Larger image here

#422215 - Sat May 24 2008 05:19 AM Re: This week's theme is 'My favorite....' [Re: picqero]
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
Since this thread was my idea, I guess I had better post the photo that gave me the idea for this thread.

I recieved this mug for Christmas from a friend and for some reason my husband 'hates' it. Everytime I use it he complains that is is so big and why do I have to use such a big mug. I measured it and it hold approx. 450ml (just less than 2 cups). It is the best mug for milo. mmmmm.

Edited by lady1 (Sat May 24 2008 05:20 AM)

#422216 - Sat May 24 2008 02:01 PM Re: This week's theme is 'My favorite....' [Re: lady1]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
From the time I was very small, I wanted a set of bongo drums, so I really love the ones I bought myself about a year ago.

On the other hand, Winston and Katt - especially Katt - view them as instruments of torture, and really, really hate them.

#422217 - Sat May 24 2008 02:07 PM Re: This week's theme is 'My favorite....' [Re: spanishliz]
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Sandusky Ohio USA         
Argus, from a female point of view, the tie is dreadful , but if you like it, that's all that matters. Yay for you and your bongo drums, Liz!

#422218 - Sun May 25 2008 03:28 AM Re: This week's theme is 'My favorite....' [Re: jordandog]
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Thanks everybody. 'Messy' is this week's theme.

Moderator:  Copago, LeoDaVinci, ren33