Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#432289 - Sun Jul 27 2008 03:37 AM This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'.
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
'Views from your backyard, balcony or window'' is a suggestion by lunangry (I think that would mean 'gardens' too).

#432290 - Sun Jul 27 2008 05:32 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: tellywellies]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
From? So would that be taken standing in the garden and looking out? I have a view of a 7'6" wall or my house from too close to get the whole house so it would be part of it.

Or does it mean something IN your garden taken from in your garden?

#432291 - Sun Jul 27 2008 05:59 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: sue943]
nifti1 Offline
Participant

Loc: Stirlingshire Scotland UK 
The Peacocks on our birdtable!!

#432292 - Sun Jul 27 2008 06:03 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: sue943]
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

I read is as being the view you see from your garden, rather than what's in it. I don't think you could take such a photo without including some of the house or garden though. The rules probably can't be too hard and fast with themes. Just do what you can that's somewhere near in keeping with them.

Have you got a step ladder, or could you jump up in the air with the camera held aloft and then quickly click the shutter before your feet touch back down again (just joking)? On second thoughts, we don't want you injuring yourself Sue

#432293 - Sun Jul 27 2008 06:17 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: tellywellies]
nifti1 Offline
Participant

Ooo....sorry is mine wrong then? Shall I delete it?

#432294 - Sun Jul 27 2008 06:36 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: nifti1]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
Please don't Nifti, it's lovely!

#432295 - Sun Jul 27 2008 06:46 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: ren33]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
This is the view from my garden in the early morning. As you see we have mountains all around, very peaceful and away from the Hong Kong concrete jungle. Sorry this is not of the standard of our 'professional' photographers, but it gives you the idea, I think.

Edited by ren33 (Sun Jul 27 2008 06:47 AM)

#432296 - Sun Jul 27 2008 06:50 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: ren33]
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:

Please don't Nifti, it's lovely!

Ditto ..well not 'lovely' because that word isn't macho enough for me. 'Good' will do

#432297 - Sun Jul 27 2008 08:38 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: ren33]
djsgal Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Springfield Virginia USA     
Quote:

This is the view from my garden in the early morning. As you see we have mountains all around, very peaceful and away from the Hong Kong concrete jungle. Sorry this is not of the standard of our 'professional' photographers, but it gives you the idea, I think.

I love early morning light, Ren, and your photo is what this forum is all about, in my opinion - just us amateurs and our cameras!

#432298 - Sun Jul 27 2008 08:40 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: djsgal]
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania USA
Would a photo of a view from an earlier home be acceptable here? I'd like to share that as it's better than anything I could take where I live now.

#432299 - Sun Jul 27 2008 09:45 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: BurgGurl]
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

I think that counts BurgGurl. It was your home afterall.

A photo taken from our garden of a massive oak tree growing in our neighbours garden. We have leaves, acorns and baby oak trees that always need getting rid of. You can tell how tall the tree is. The camera is pointing up so much that the things on the ground look as if they are going to fall over. They don't really lean like that :

#432300 - Sun Jul 27 2008 11:28 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: tellywellies]
s-m-w Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Cheltenham UK
Really confused at the theme, but hope this counts ...

View from the drive overlooking the house we rented when we first moved to Shropshire.

(Told ya I was confused...lol )

#432301 - Mon Jul 28 2008 01:47 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: s-m-w]
Sherry75 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Looks like the peacocks are coming to reclaim their feathers Nifti1... super shot.

#432302 - Mon Jul 28 2008 03:02 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: Sherry75]
Sherry75 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Just over the back fence is our local church Sensory garden - planted to mark the passing of the millennium. It is absolutely beautiful and always has something of interest flowering whatever the season. It is maintained by a monthly group of volunteers.

#432303 - Mon Jul 28 2008 12:52 PM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: Sherry75]
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
The view from our rear garden patio about an hour ago.

#432304 - Tue Jul 29 2008 05:31 PM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: picqero]
lilyalli Offline
Prolific

Loc: Norfolk UK      
I never see the exact same scene twice from my balcony - even if it's just the way the mud settles. This is a recent very low tide.

and here is same view later at high tide.

#432305 - Tue Jul 29 2008 05:48 PM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: lilyalli]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Oh Lily thats the BEST of views. I so envy you watching the boats. Do you get floods?

#432306 - Tue Jul 29 2008 06:06 PM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: ren33]
lilyalli Offline
Prolific

Loc: Norfolk UK      
Quote:

Oh Lily thats the BEST of views. I so envy you watching the boats. Do you get floods?

We have pretty good defences but keep a supply of sandbags just in case. I'm ok as I'm in the loft!

#432307 - Thu Jul 31 2008 02:27 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: ren33]
mc_shellsie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Vancouver Island BC Canada
Two nights ago, i saw some beautiful golden clouds at sunset from the balcony window of our apartment. When I went to take a photo I was amazed to see a gorgeous double rainbow. I didn't have the right lens to capture it all, you could see it from one end to the other. I took enough shots to stitch a panorama ... it was just one of the most beautiful rainbows I have seen in a long time - i think the sunset at the same time made it that way.

#432308 - Thu Jul 31 2008 04:35 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: mc_shellsie]
nifti1 Offline
Participant

WOW!! Shelley that is breath taking, quite beautiful, amazing colours...well done!

#432309 - Sat Aug 02 2008 06:31 PM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: nifti1]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Breathtaking indeed! Lovely rainbow, and lovely views everyone.

Quite a few of the photos I post of squirrels and birds would fit this theme, but instead of the same old stuff today I took a photo through the fence on the other side. It shows two neighbours' yards, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind showing them off

#432310 - Sat Aug 02 2008 07:45 PM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: spanishliz]
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania USA

While living in Brussels, my next-door neighbor was an avid gardener with rows and rows of flowers and veggies. He also took time to landscape his yard next to the garden. This photo was taken early in the season so most of the blossoms hadn't yet bloomed and I had to hold the camera at an odd angle in order to fit in as much as I possibly could.

Taken later in the same year, I snapped this enormous pumpkin. You can see the difference in height between my back porch and his back yard by looking at my toe in this shot. I could have cropped it out, but I thought it added some depth to the photo.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/BurgGurl/100-0095_IMG.jpg

#432311 - Sun Aug 03 2008 03:46 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Views from your backyard'. [Re: BurgGurl]
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Thanks everybody. 'Rain' is this week's theme.

Moderator:  Copago, flopsymopsy