Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#495098 - Sat Sep 05 2009 11:36 AM Funtrivia Interviews
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
After a request in the Feedback forum we are experimenting with this new forum. Someone will be asked to interview staff members and some members and a thread started here for each person.

We don't know quite how it will work out yet. There will be a general thread for suggestions and comments.

What will not be tolerated are attacks on the persons being interviewed. Also please do not use the interviews to ask about getting quizzes online etc, there is already a forum for discussing the editing of quizzes.

#495099 - Sun Sep 06 2009 07:19 AM Re: Funtrivia Interviews [Re: sue943]
romeomikegolf Offline

Administrator

Loc: Rothwell Northants England UK 
To ensure that we get a reasonable response we would like the questions to require much more than a single one word answer, ie white or black, wine or beer, cat or dog. The intention of this topic is to get to know the people behind the names and to find out what makes them tick. Let's have some searching questions. An example of a 'bad' question would be 'Where do you live'. A better question would be 'Where do you live and what do you particularly like about it?'. The second option gives the responder the opportunity to expand a little, whereas the first option requires only a single word answer.

Edited by romeomikegolf (Sun Sep 06 2009 07:29 AM)

Would the last person to leave the planet please turn off the lights.

#495100 - Sun Sep 13 2009 03:44 AM Re: Funtrivia Interviews [Re: romeomikegolf]
romeomikegolf Offline

Administrator

Loc: Rothwell Northants England UK 
We propose to leave each interview thread open for around a week so members can ask questions of their own. There is always the option for the interviwee to decline this option and to refuse to answer a particular question if they deem it unsuitable for any reason. If you do ask a question please try to make it an interesting one and one which doesn't need a single word answer as outlined in the reply above this one. You will only have a day or so to get your questions in, this will give the responder time to see it and reply.

Any questions that are obviously inappropriate will be deleted without notice, so please keep them clean and not too personal.

Would the last person to leave the planet please turn off the lights.

#788404 - Sun Apr 22 2012 08:42 PM Re: Funtrivia Interviews [Re: sue943]
jviking Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Ohio USA
These are really interesting to read. It gives me a better understanding of the people on here. Thanks for doing it.

#797593 - Sun May 27 2012 09:36 PM Re: Funtrivia Interviews [Re: jviking]
Tori_2s Offline
Explorer

Loc: Michigan USA
How did I not know this thread existed? I just enjoyed Looney_tunes interview and can't wait to start on the others. I'll have to pace myself as that is A LOT of reading.

Great idea thanks,

Tori

Moderator:  Pagiedamon, romeomikegolf, sue943