Rules
Terms of Use

Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14
Topic Options
#1205865 - Sun Sep 16 2018 04:59 AM Re: Potential interviewees
LoveAnimals555 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in Heaven, India
Yes, I am just 17. I don't want to be adult as I am noticing that responsibilities are increasing as the my age is! I am afraid of being a responsible person.

#1205868 - Sun Sep 16 2018 05:35 AM Re: Potential interviewees
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Kankurette
Oooh, thanks! Admittedly, I was on hiatus for a few years but I got back into quizzes recently. Sign me up.

If you check out the first question in my interview that was just posted, you'll notice I also took a bit of a hiatus, while I was in college... smile

#1206051 - Tue Sep 18 2018 03:31 AM Re: Potential interviewees
Severyn Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Alberta Canada
Rossian,

Noted. Thanks.

#1206255 - Thu Sep 20 2018 04:35 AM Re: Potential interviewees
moonraker2 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Wiltshire UK
I've only recently looked in to this area for the first time, which is perhaps difficult to believe after more than 8 years as an FT member. If it's felt that I meet the criteria for inclusion on the list of potential interviewees, I'd like to put myself forward.

#1206366 - Fri Sep 21 2018 08:27 AM Re: Potential interviewees
Severyn Offline
Mainstay

It might help to post a description saying "long standing members only" so as people don't go where they aren't supposed to.

#1206465 - Fri Sep 21 2018 09:26 PM Re: Potential interviewees
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Originally Posted By: Severyn
Sorry but it all sounds so Clubish aka High School. "You can't come in unless you have been let in"...

NO Thank You. High School was what it was, I was a loser. I feel ok here....but...yeah...maybe not?

Going off your picture, Severyn, I'd incline to say you've not been out long from high school...and why do you say you're a "loser"? FT itself will let anyone in (provided that they are over the age of 13, due to the Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act, or COPPA).

As for "long-standing"...I'd classify anyone who has been here five years as "long-standing"...even if they don't do that much. On the flipside, someone could be on for just a few months and because they are a professional writer, could have 100 quizzes written here and may be able to qualify for an interview. It's really all subjective.

#1206492 - Sat Sep 22 2018 06:16 AM Re: Potential interviewees
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Everybody is a potential interviewee. Everybody has most likely got some interesting information to tell about his or her life, although the older you are, the more you are likely to have to share.

The 'difficulty', for want of a better word, is knowing the questions to ask to get that information. I could, for example, ask anyone about their favourite book, band, film or tv programme. How much better would that type of question be if someone on the site knows you read 'Harry Potter', or 'War and Peace' twice a year because you've played all their quizzes on those topics and exchanged lots of notes with that person? It's why we ask the prospective interviewee to nominate who should ask the questions. I've given just one example - maybe you've abseiled down the Empire State Building or walked around the coast of Britain, or contributed to the sewing of an American quilt/copy of the Bayeux tapestry, been a backing singer for Madonna. Nobody's likely to ask about that if they don't know you've done it.

You don't need to be a prolific author. You could have built up a network of FT friends by playing quizzes, or contributing to chatboards or writing a blog as well as by writing.

The interviews take quite a bit of work - for me (currently), the people nominated to ask questions and the interviewee, having to think how best to answer. We want people to look at the interviews and think 'oh yes, I'd really like to know more about...'.

#1206493 - Sat Sep 22 2018 06:40 AM Re: Potential interviewees
LoveAnimals555 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in Heaven, India
Who's interview is going on? I will ask for their permission for asking the question.

#1206494 - Sat Sep 22 2018 06:45 AM Re: Potential interviewees
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK 
Originally Posted By: LoveAnimals555
Who's interview is going on? I will ask for their permission for asking the question.

It doesn't work that way round. The interviewee makes the choices.

#1206595 - Sun Sep 23 2018 12:56 AM Re: Potential interviewees
Severyn Offline
Mainstay

Quote:
Going off your picture, Severyn, I'd incline to say you've not been out long from high school...and why do you say you're a "loser"? FT itself will let anyone in (provided that they are over the age of 13, due to the Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act, or COPPA).

I feel so flattered, but I am 35. I should cancel my facial because you made me feel young.

#1206655 - Sun Sep 23 2018 03:52 PM Re: Potential interviewees
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Originally Posted By: Severyn

Quote:

I feel so flattered, but I am 35. I should cancel my facial because you made me feel young.

Never would have guessed that! I'm only five years older...

#1206675 - Sun Sep 23 2018 08:54 PM Re: Potential interviewees
apathy100 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ontario Canada
I have been around FT since 2005. I have written many a quiz. I would be interested in an interview if there is interest smile

--Nelson Mandela--

Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14

Moderator:  Pagiedamon, rossian, sue943