Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#495381 - Thu Sep 10 2009 09:05 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: MotherGoose]
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton Ohio USA              
This is my new guy, Mr. Middlemarch. Let me say, too, that when he is not peeking out from behind shower curtains fetchingly? He shows signs to have missed his true calling: that being recruited as a tackle for the New York Jets . He's managed to 'back out' of that collar at least three times a day, too (which is, each time, hysterical to watch happen ). We're adapting, though ...

#495382 - Thu Sep 10 2009 03:12 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: Gatsby722]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
I have missed a months worth of photos and themes. I am so glad that I checked in today; what lovely pets you all have. Szabs, my sincerest condolences to you for losing your Dulky.

This is Alex, who I rescued one year ago this week. He has proven to be a charming, and very lovable addition to this family. And ClaraSue has finally accepted him in all ways. i.e. She allows him to sleep next to her.

#495383 - Thu Sep 10 2009 03:51 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: ClaraSue]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
My condolences, szabs, it's very tough to lose a companion.

This is Ralph.

Ralph lives in Sussex, and was adopted by the Revenge of the Llamas team. I'm sure he thought it very odd to be visited by a woman who sometimes pretends to be a rabbit pretending to be a llama but he was far too polite to mention it.

#495384 - Thu Sep 10 2009 10:21 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: flopsymopsy]
minkpenny Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Buenos Aires Argentina       
Szabs, I'm sorry to hear about Dulky. She was beautiful.

I love all the pictures. Everyone's cats and dogs are so cute!

Here is my kitty Kiara. She loves going out to the balcony and looking at the sunlight reflecting on the ceiling.

Edited by minkpenny (Thu Sep 10 2009 10:33 PM)

#495385 - Thu Sep 10 2009 10:26 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: flopsymopsy]
Kapuskasing Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Szabs, I'm sorry you lost your Dulky. Her picture - the expression on her face - is beautiful.

#495386 - Fri Sep 11 2009 04:49 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: Kapuskasing]
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
So sorry Szabs, I know how difficult it is. I lost my Jack Russel, Patch two weeks ago today. She had lived with us for 11 years. Her sister is missing her like mad too.

#495387 - Fri Sep 11 2009 05:19 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: lady1]
szabs Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Mijas, Malaga Spain         
Thank you all for your kind words, I know all of you understand how important our pets are in our lives.

Lady1 I am really sorry to hear about Patch, my heart is with you, and unfortunately I understand exactly how you and his sister feel .

#495388 - Fri Sep 11 2009 01:22 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: szabs]
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
Lady, I am very sorry to hear of Patch's passing. Our pets are such a part of our family, it's hard to say goodbye to them.

#495389 - Fri Sep 11 2009 01:53 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: MadMags]
quogequox Offline
Prolific

Loc: Adelaide SA Australia      

This is Pockets the ferret pretending to be cute.
In reality he's looking to take off a finger.

#495390 - Fri Sep 11 2009 04:14 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: quogequox]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
quogequox, that pic is awesome! haha

Here is my mother's latest addition, Daisy. She was probably 3 months old or so here, really tiny.

Edited by pyonir (Fri Sep 11 2009 04:28 PM)

#495391 - Sat Sep 12 2009 12:11 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: pyonir]
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia

This is Crookshanks, allegedly my daughter's cat, but I have the dubious privilege of feeding him, grooming him, cleaning his litter box etc. At night, I usually check my emails before going to bed, then I turn off the computer, feed him and our other cat Misty, then retire for the night. He has now associated the sound of the computer with food. Now, if I turn the computer off, no matter what time of day it is, he comes running and demands to be fed, hence his nickname of 'Pavlov'.

#495392 - Sat Sep 12 2009 08:09 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: MotherGoose]
szabs Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Mijas, Malaga Spain         
I am loving all the pictures in here, they are all so cute .

This is Stanford, one of his favorite places to be is on the windowsill of my office, looking in on me as I work on the computer. Because he spends so much time there he even has a basket and a bowl full of biscuits in order for him not to have to go too far .

#495393 - Sat Sep 12 2009 09:56 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: szabs]
PDAZ Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Phoenix Arizona USA           
Lol, Mother Goose!

I'm really enjoying the pictures and the stories about all of the pets (and bonus points for the lizard pic ). I've noticed that the cats seem to have more interesting names than the dogs -- not sure what that says about cat people...

My contribution: Here are Squirmer the Wyrm and Circe Bastet watching the mysterious outdoor world they never get to visit...

#495394 - Sat Sep 12 2009 05:51 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: PDAZ]
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
Quote:

I've noticed that the cats seem to have more interesting names than the dogs

When given a choice, I've always named my cats after characters from ancient Roman history or mythology (e.g. Tiberius (Tibby for short) and Augustus). Sometimes they already have a name when I acquire them, like our cat Misty.

Crookshanks was named by my daughter after Hermione's cat in Harry Potter. I have the book 'Middlemarch' (haven't got around to reading it yet but I saw the miniseries on TV). Would love to know why Gatsby chose that particular name!

Edited by MotherGoose (Sat Sep 12 2009 05:53 PM)

#495395 - Sat Sep 12 2009 06:08 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: MotherGoose]
PDAZ Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Phoenix Arizona USA           
Too funny, Mother Goose -- we use mythology too! Thus we have Loki Bastet, Luna Anubis, Circe Bastet and Squirmer the Wyrm -- Norse, Greek, Roman and Egyptian mythology. Must have something to do with cats being such mystical creatures

#495396 - Sat Sep 12 2009 07:16 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: PDAZ]
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
Mmm mm mm, that was good!

Heidi loves to clean the last little bit out of the icecream container.

#495397 - Sun Sep 13 2009 12:01 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: MadMags]
romeomikegolf Offline

Administrator

Loc: Rothwell Northants England UK 
Taken at Longleat a couple of years ago. You can hand feed the deer from your car.

Would the last person to leave the planet please turn off the lights.

#495398 - Sun Sep 13 2009 06:15 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: romeomikegolf]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Just don't try that with the lions!

#495399 - Mon Sep 14 2009 02:58 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: flopsymopsy]
romeomikegolf Offline

Administrator

I wondered where three of my fingers had gone.

Here's one that I may have posted before, but some may not have seen it. Our two Shepherds, Rudi and Kimber.

Rudi's the one on the left. He's now an old man at nearly 10. Kimber is now just over 5.

#495400 - Mon Sep 14 2009 05:46 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: romeomikegolf]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

I'm sure you all realise that members of the Revenge of the Llamas team are extremely smart, well-groomed, and attentive to their personal hygiene.

Well, there's always one...

#495401 - Mon Sep 14 2009 11:46 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: flopsymopsy]
Tredici Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Greeley Colorado USA    
This is my sister's rescued Molly. I thought she looked very pretty sitting on the red and black daybed.

#495402 - Tue Sep 15 2009 09:46 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: Tredici]
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
In memory of Patches.

Edited by lady1 (Tue Sep 15 2009 09:50 AM)

#495403 - Tue Sep 15 2009 11:41 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: lady1]
LeoDaVinci Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
I just took this photo this weekend, and seeing as it fits the theme, I thought I'd share it with you guys because I really liked it.

Enjoy:

#495404 - Tue Sep 15 2009 04:28 PM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: LeoDaVinci]
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Texas USA
Whoa, that big guy gets around (is he sticking his tongue out at us? )- looks like he had a long trek from Ontario to Greely ! (14th shot from the top)

#495405 - Wed Sep 16 2009 02:24 AM Re: This fortnight's theme is PETS and other ANIMALS. [Re: Jar]
romeomikegolf Offline

Administrator

A Pole(ish) Lemur.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Copago, LeoDaVinci, ren33