Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#497611 - Sat Oct 03 2009 11:35 AM Re: This week's theme is RELIGION [Re: PauFlP]
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
PauFlp, I'm impressed! You and your friend must have had much fun creating that.

(and apologies for spelling your name wrong in earlier post )

#497612 - Sat Oct 03 2009 12:02 PM Re: This week's theme is RELIGION [Re: MadMags]
Kapuskasing Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
This display, accompanied by numerous boxes and signs saying, "Folks on Church Pew - $8.00" was in a huge store off Rte. 95 in North Carolina. The scene was a small oasis of peace and joy amidst the acres of discount cigarettes and towels.

#497613 - Sat Oct 03 2009 12:29 PM Re: This week's theme is RELIGION [Re: Kapuskasing]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
Quote:

Do you know what material it is?

Thanks Mags! I am guessing it is Cotswold stone which is what most old buildings are made of. It is a unique yellow colour as you see. Limestone I think.
Oh do agree with you about this thread. It is so diverse, and there are some beautiful photos.

#497614 - Sat Oct 03 2009 02:09 PM Re: This week's theme is RELIGION [Re: ren33]
PDAZ Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Phoenix Arizona USA           
Sorry for the poor quality -- it's an old photo that was scanned in.

This is from the Atlantic tip of the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland -- it's on the side of the road facing the ocean.

#497615 - Sat Oct 03 2009 03:09 PM Re: This week's theme is RELIGION [Re: Kapuskasing]
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
PauFlp - I just noticed you were from Santa Rosa. I spent some time there last year and loved it (we were staying with friends in Sebastapol).

Loved your model and I can appreciate all the work that went into it. Maynooth (husband) is a fine-scale modeller too.

#497616 - Sun Oct 04 2009 04:06 AM Re: This week's theme is RELIGION [Re: MotherGoose]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
I have to admit that I held my breath a little as I posted this topic given that religion can be a bit of a contentious subject but you've all come through with flying colours and I want to say thank you to everyone who contributed to this. I think this has been one of the best and most interesting topcis of the week I've done.

Welcome to PauFLP and magicjeanie - I hope that you continue to join us

#497617 - Sun Oct 04 2009 12:27 PM Re: This week's theme is RELIGION [Re: MadMags]
PauFlP Offline
Explorer

Loc: Santa Rosa California USA    
Quote:

PauFlp, I'm impressed! You and your friend must have had much fun creating that.

(and apologies for spelling your name wrong in earlier post )

Actually, it was supposed to be PaulFP, but I mis-typed when registering and didn't discover it until too late to correct!

The church was the best of four buildings in my Mini-Story Book Land. We also had Toad Hall and the Seven Dwarfs' cottage, and never finished what was going to be a fantastic old mill complete with waterwheel. The miniature landscaping was nice except when raccoons would come in periodically and rip things up. Subsequent owners of our place let the little trees grow and now they're gigantic.

Paul

Edited by PauFlP (Sun Oct 04 2009 12:28 PM)

#497618 - Mon Oct 05 2009 04:35 AM Re: This week's theme is RELIGION [Re: PauFlP]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
This is the Little Chapel in Guernsey. It is possibly the smallest chapel in the world, unless you know different. http://www.thelittlechapel.org/ It is absolutely gorgeous and is decorated inside and outside with a mosaic of broken china and pebbles.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Copago, flopsymopsy