Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#502480 - Sun Nov 15 2009 03:51 AM This week's theme is INDOORS
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Show us a snap of something that you've taken indoors.
Pretty broad subject there

#502481 - Sun Nov 15 2009 05:58 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: Copago]
martin_cube Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bristol England UK        
That leaves a lot of room for manoeuvre! (Excuse the pun-ette.)

Let me start with this one. It's an exhibit I saw at the Museum of Modern Art in New York last year. I won't pretend that I 'got' it, but then I'm probably more of a traditionalist.

#502482 - Mon Nov 16 2009 04:54 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: martin_cube]
lilyalli Offline
Prolific

Loc: Norfolk UK      
Unusual display, Martin.

Something more traditional - the Museum of The Royal Flying Doctor Service, Broken Hill, NSW:

#502483 - Mon Nov 16 2009 06:30 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: Copago]
PauFlP Offline
Explorer

Loc: Santa Rosa California USA    
Dining room of a restored Victorian in San Francisco. This isn't a museum; it's somebody's home. Imagine all the dusting!

#502484 - Mon Nov 16 2009 07:35 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS *DELETED* [Re: PauFlP]
martin_cube Offline
Multiloquent

Post deleted by martin_cube

#502485 - Tue Nov 17 2009 11:22 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: martin_cube]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
This is another shot from the old bank building that houses the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. There was even an old Foster Hewitt broadcast on the radio...

#502486 - Tue Nov 17 2009 11:39 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: spanishliz]
Tredici Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Greeley Colorado USA    
Here is a lovely indoors scene also taken at NYC's MOMA.

#502487 - Wed Nov 18 2009 06:49 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: Tredici]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
This is the museum which was our landing just before we moved, taken in about 1992. The room ahead was my bedroom for some of that time although was originally my mother's study back in 1965 until she built a new one in the 70s.

UN IPCC

#502488 - Thu Nov 19 2009 07:41 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS *DELETED* [Re: satguru]
martin_cube Offline
Multiloquent

Post deleted by martin_cube

#502489 - Fri Nov 20 2009 01:04 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: martin_cube]
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
Great photos everyone. I remember Foster Hewitt! - "He shoots, he scooooores!" Love the MoMA offering.

Here's my weekly offering. An interior shot of part of the ceiling of one of the naves in La Merced church in downtown Granada, Nicaragua.

The original church was built in 1534, and has had several additions since.

#502490 - Fri Nov 20 2009 11:25 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: MadMags]
zorba_scank Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mumbai India
Ruins of the ancient Mughal public baths called hamaams at Kihim.

#502491 - Sat Nov 21 2009 01:28 AM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: zorba_scank]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
SpanishLiz: about 15 years ago I spent a day at the ROM and a half-day at the Hockey Hall of Fame. Unfortunately (due to a hard drive failure) I lost all my photos of that trip, so thank you for the memories! (it's a great building, not just a "sports joint")

Mags: lovely photo. I quite like green and white together, makes everything look "clean and pristine".

This is a pic of my pine ceiling in the livingroom (which you really can't see because it's so bright outside). I did the stained glass myself. The husband "tacked" it in (rather than build an inside frame) so one day it came crashing to the floor when the patio door below it was slammed. Had to rebuild it (and yes it has a full moulding now LOL)

#502492 - Sat Nov 21 2009 06:37 AM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: Jakeroo]
Jedi_Padawan Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
A picture showing the ornate ceiling and a sculpture at St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City, taken when I was there last year. I wish my ceilings looked like that!

#502493 - Sat Nov 21 2009 07:34 PM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: Jedi_Padawan]
Dotb Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Oswestry Shropshire UK       
This is a replication of a settler's log cabin by Lake Michigan. Sorry about the quality, it was taken through glass with my mobile phone.

Edited by Dotb (Sat Nov 21 2009 07:35 PM)

#502494 - Sun Nov 22 2009 08:25 AM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: Dotb]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Zorba: wow, that picture looks like something straight off the set of a "raiders of the lost ark" type movie. Very neat example of how "impermanent" man-made structures are. Love how "mother nature" has taken over the place.

JediP: Beautiful! (not sure I'd want my ceilings to be that way though - can't imagine having to build scaffolding every year to do spring cleaning LOL)

DotB: no need to apologize. If they used glass "from the period", I'm surprised you got THAT clear of an image! Love the book on the table - judging by the size of it, I presume it's a Bible?

#502495 - Mon Nov 23 2009 05:27 AM Re: This week's theme is INDOORS [Re: Jakeroo]
Dotb Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Oswestry Shropshire UK       
Hi Jakeroo, I think you are right about it being a Bible but no one could get in to view it properly.

Moderator:  Copago, LeoDaVinci, ren33