Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#541251 - Sun Jul 11 2010 04:22 PM THis fortnight's theme is "My Workplace"
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
If you can , take a picture of where you work .

#541252 - Tue Jul 13 2010 12:26 AM Re: THis fortnight's theme is "My Workplace" [Re: ren33]
auntie1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Kingsville VIC Australia

I've been out of the paid workforce for some years.
But having decided to give my daughter a birthday lunch for up to 60 people, this has been a very intensive workplace for the last few days!

(edit by Copago - just fixing up the link)

Edited by auntie1 (Tue Jul 13 2010 11:20 PM)

#541253 - Thu Jul 15 2010 01:22 PM Re: THis fortnight's theme is "My Workplace" [Re: auntie1]
kidder2 Offline
Participant

Loc: Kidderminster England UK    
I am retired, but as chairman of a local voluntary group, I am often found working here in our local park.
We have raised many thousands of pounds over the years for various projects. This is one of them.

#541254 - Thu Jul 15 2010 05:16 PM Re: THis fortnight's theme is "My Workplace" [Re: kidder2]
satguru Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Another with no official workplace, my clients come to me at home nearly all the time, and it's the same room I have the computer. I have been known to ask the odd one to wait a minute while I play the hourly quiz, but I didn't actually say that...

I've posted this before for our computer but sure many new people have arrived since then. I've got a different chair and phone but it hasn't really changed otherwise.

UN IPCC

#541255 - Fri Jul 16 2010 05:38 AM Re: THis fortnight's theme is "My Workplace" [Re: satguru]
JaneMarple Online   FT-cool
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
This "Workspace" was taken a few years ago. My bedroom is my workspace!

#541256 - Fri Jul 16 2010 06:05 AM Re: THis fortnight's theme is "My Workplace" [Re: JaneMarple]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
So neat, Jane! Mine isn't too bad but i wish it looked like that.

how old was that pic, Sat? The old rotary dial phone is a relic We used to have one but the telephone company, after suggesting nicely a few times, basically begged us to get rid of it since it was causing problems somewhere along the line.

#541257 - Fri Jul 16 2010 10:10 AM Re: THis fortnight's theme is "My Workplace" [Re: satguru]
quogequox Offline
Prolific

Loc: Adelaide SA Australia      
But that phone is awesome!

#541258 - Fri Jul 16 2010 08:22 PM Re: THis fortnight's theme is "My Workplace" [Re: quogequox]
satguru Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
It is awesome, I always wanted a red one like in my family shop (ours were ivory) and bought it a few years earlier than the photo which is from about 2005. Unfortunately the screw holding the dial in had vanished meaning it wobbles when you dial, and I'd had a few broken ones for spares years ago but probably lost them when I moved here. It only needs one small part worth a few pence which was common to them all but try finding one. Then the ringer switch went, I left it off as the other phone can be heard around the house, but only switched when I was given an old cordless one I can carry around. Also you have to remember not to use it when you need to punch in information as it doesn't have the tones. If I ever move and have an extra phone plug I'll put it back again though, it should last many more years ahead.

This actually used to be my bedroom (no upstairs till I converted it) hence the desk in the wardrobe unit where the bed used to go. I'm one of those people happiest in my den as I've spent a long time getting it the way I like it and apart from a TV (besides a 2 inch one which doesn't work properly) can do just about everything I want in here.

UN IPCC

Moderator:  Copago, flopsymopsy