Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#544064 - Sun Aug 08 2010 11:05 PM Groom accidently kills relatives a wedding.
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
SMH

Quote:

Monday, August 09, 2010 » 07:39am

A groom has accidentally killed his father and two aunts at his wedding in Turkey after firing into the air with an assault rifle in celebration.

The Anatolia news agency says eight other people were wounded in the incident yesterday at the village of Akcagoze in the south eastern province of Gaziantep.

The groom was arrested.

Turks are notorious for breaking out into gunshots to celebrate weddings and sports victories a practice that has caused many deaths and which authorities have so far failed to curb.

I know! Firing an assault rifle in a crowded area! What could possibly go wrong!

#544065 - Mon Aug 09 2010 07:56 AM Re: Groom accidently kills relatives a wedding. [Re: Copago]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
What goes up, must come down. What are these people thinking?

#544066 - Mon Aug 09 2010 04:41 PM Re: Groom accidently kills relatives a wedding. [Re: ClaraSue]
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
Thank goodness we only blew bubbles in celebration at my wedding...

Editor for Television Category

#544067 - Mon Aug 09 2010 05:03 PM Re: Groom accidently kills relatives a wedding. [Re: ladymacb29]
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, VA
Quote:

Thank goodness we only blew bubbles in celebration at my wedding...

My cousin's wedding did Silly String...in July in humid conditions at 95-100°F. It was a mess to clean, but no one got hurt.

#544068 - Tue Aug 10 2010 08:09 AM Re: Groom accidently kills relatives a wedding. [Re: dg_dave]
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
I just had to add this to this thread....

Can We get Married in Heaven??

On their way to get married, a young Catholic couple was involved in a fatal car accident. The couple found themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven. While waiting they began to wonder; Could they possibly get married in Heaven?

When St. Peter arrived they asked him if they could get married in Heaven. St. Peter said, "I don't know. This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out," and he left.

The couple sat and waited for an answer.... For a couple of months.

While they waited, they discussed the pros and cons. If they were allowed to get married in Heaven, should they get married, what with the eternal aspect of it all? "What if it doesn't work?

Are we stuck in Heaven together forever?"

Another month passed. St. Peter finally returned, looking somewhat bedraggled. Yes," he informed the couple, "You can get married in Heaven."

"Great!" said the couple. "But we were just wondering; what if things don't work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?"

St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slammed his clipboard on the ground.

"What's wrong?" asked the frightened couple.

"OH, COME ON!!!" St. Peter shouted. "It took me 3 months to find a priest up here! Do you have ANY idea how long it'll take to find a lawyer???"

#544069 - Tue Aug 10 2010 08:54 AM Re: Groom accidently kills relatives a wedding. [Re: lady1]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
That was good, lady!

#544070 - Tue Aug 10 2010 09:22 AM Re: Groom accidently kills relatives a wedding. [Re: ClaraSue]
quogequox Offline
Prolific

Loc: Adelaide SA Australia      
Good One

#544071 - Wed Aug 11 2010 08:57 PM Re: Groom accidently kills relatives a wedding. [Re: quogequox]
minkpenny Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Buenos Aires
Argentina    ...
Haha! Very funny one, Lady

#565961 - Sat Nov 13 2010 08:13 AM Re: Groom accidently kills relatives a wedding. [Re: minkpenny]
funnygirl Offline
Participant

Great one, lady!!! Cheers!

#835433 - Tue Oct 30 2012 12:49 PM Re: Groom accidently kills relatives a wedding. [Re: funnygirl]
Jazmee27 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Where I come from, people dance in celebration. Better than a gun? smile

Moderator:  ladymacb29, sue943