Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#365581 - Sat Apr 10 2010 03:06 PM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: Santana2002]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Glad you enjoyed the day, Sue. I'd love to see your pages too.
Every year in September I go to a long weekend crop and just love it. Already we're talking about it for this year. I've had people ask "why" and wonder what the attraction is and it's just being with people who have become good friends who have the same interests. Maybe your neighbours doing the photos was just happy to be around others?

#365582 - Sat Apr 10 2010 07:53 PM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: Copago]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel†Islands††††††††
This is apparently a regular monthly thing and in September some people are coming from the UK to do workshops, there are classes of an hour each for five projects, they supply everything and we work to a theme - yes, I have signed up.

I can see the attraction of going to craft with a group, crafting can be a solitary activity and it is nice to share and have a chat with others who enjoy the same thing. I am going on my parching week again later this year.

Edited by sue943 (Sat Apr 10 2010 08:16 PM)

#365583 - Mon Apr 12 2010 05:21 AM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: sue943]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

I have just been looking at a CD of old photos and scans and printed out a letter my mother wrote to my father when he was on the danger list in Egypt during the war, is this the sort of thing one might include, it was written in a birthday card and there is a scan of the card too. My sister has the original, there are more of a similar ilk too.

#365584 - Mon Apr 12 2010 08:17 AM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: sue943]
spanishliz Online   FT-cool
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
I'd think something like that would be perfect to include. You can really tell a story with something like that letter.

#365585 - Mon Apr 12 2010 09:06 AM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: spanishliz]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

I have a photo somewhere of him in that hospital in Egypt too. It was one of those sad stories, they got married, then he went back to barracks immediately, came home again for a few days embarkation leave then the next time she saw him he had one leg amputated. There are lots of the message cards that he sent to her.

#553691 - Sat Sep 25 2010 12:05 PM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: sue943]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

I am exhausted. Today I went to a scrapbooking session, it started at 9am and we finished at 5.30pm. I say finished but I haven't finished them all and will be going back tomorro to finish off. We had five projects to do, all papers, embellishments and the designs were provided within the fee. We worked on one at the time and if we didn't finish by the time the next class was due to start we put it aside for tomorrow or to finish at home.

The first one, unfinished by me, was round. It is within a twelve inch embroidery frame, to be hones I don't know what one does with a three dimentional scrapbook page. I might be changing the photo in it, I will have to have a look to see what I can find, and if it can be changed without wrecking the thing.

~The middle three are more or less finished I think, but the final one certainly isn't as I was addle brained by then - I know it features in one of the three photos the woman who made me do my first ever scrapbook page!

I have left them all behind until tomorrow so I will take photos another day.

The classes were done by Scrap A GoGo.

#554192 - Tue Sep 28 2010 05:14 AM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: sue943]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Scrapbooking workshops are brilliant!!! I've just completed my first one ever and I had an absolutely fantastic time. It was over two days and we 'only' did two pages and two mini-albums. I finished the pages but not the minis. I'll have my work cut out for me for the next while to finish off both of them, but I'm thrilled with the outcome and will definitely be signing up for the next workshop, despite the very high fee.

It is exhausting, two days of non stop scrapbooking, but exhilirating too. I was on a high for the whole of the journey home afterwards.

I can't wait to sign up for another workshop now!

#554199 - Tue Sep 28 2010 05:54 AM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: Santana2002]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

I think this company come over here once each year, the fee is £75 for the day which covers tuition, materials and refreshments (lots of cake and chocolate but not lunch though). It also covered us going back the next day to finish off, probably more incentive than leaving it to finish at home, especially for a non-enthusiastic scrapbooker like me, I have lots of pages for finishing when I get around to them. smile

#554571 - Wed Sep 29 2010 07:15 PM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: sue943]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
sounds like great fun! Once you have the techniques I find you can chop and change them between scrapping and cards. I just think it's fun getting together with others that like doing the same thing as you do smile

#636881 - Sat Jun 25 2011 06:49 AM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: Copago]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

I went to a charity shop yesterday and picked up an unused 12x12 album for £1. It is off-white fabric. That has to be a bargain in anyone's book.

#1027741 - Fri Dec 27 2013 03:20 PM Re: Craft Circle - Scrapbooking [Re: sue943]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Bumping.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong