Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#566511 - Mon Nov 15 2010 05:08 AM Any Aussies Remember Noel Watson?
Dalgleish Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Brisbane Queensland Australia
If you were watching the Bi-Centennial celebrations in 1988, you couldn't help but see this old bushie, who came from out of nowhere, and sang probably the definitive version of "Waltzing Matilda".
But no sooner than he arrived, it was 1989, and he disappeared from the face of the earth!

So whatever happened to him?

Waltzing Matilda - Noel Watson

#569311 - Tue Nov 23 2010 04:17 AM Re: Any Aussies Remember Noel Watson? [Re: Dalgleish]
Tizzabelle Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia         
I remember that very well. It occasionally flies into my head for no apparent reason and I find myself singing it in my head for hours. I just found a great clip on youtube of him singing Waltzing Matilda at the 1988 VFL Grand Final. It's made my eyes all leaky with pride. smile From the comments I gather he's still around but I have no idea precisely what he's doing.

#788029 - Sat Apr 21 2012 02:00 AM Re: Any Aussies Remember Noel Watson? [Re: Tizzabelle]
Brickie Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Vic Oz
Old post I know, but, I was doing a google for Noel.
Noel is a long time friend of mine and lives in the Avoca district of Vic, he has a wicked sense of humour and still loves to sing.

He told me he was more afraid of riding out on a horse on the oval than singing in front of 80,000 people.

#788072 - Sat Apr 21 2012 07:17 AM Re: Any Aussies Remember Noel Watson? [Re: Brickie]
merrijig Offline
Participant

Loc: Victoria Australia            
Always liked to watch him sing. He always seemed genuinely connected with the song. I envy him. Avoca would be a great place to live and watch the world go by. There are some nice wineries out that way.

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher