Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#581935 - Fri Dec 31 2010 05:02 PM Polar Bears and spy camera
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Here's a youtube video of polar bears who find the camera used to spy on them. awww!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT0O2RyxnkY

Quote:
The cameras used for a documentary on polar bears were designed to be as unobtrusive and resilient as possible

They have some work to do ...

#582230 - Sat Jan 01 2011 04:03 PM Re: Polar Bears and spy camera [Re: Copago]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
That documentary was on the BBC recently, I'm pretty sure my television licence fee paid for those cameras, lol!

#582232 - Sat Jan 01 2011 04:41 PM Re: Polar Bears and spy camera [Re: flopsymopsy]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
But the filming they managed before the cameras were wrecked was well worth it. I loved the whole programme.

#582528 - Sun Jan 02 2011 11:03 AM Re: Polar Bears and spy camera [Re: rossian]
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
What wonderful footage, I wonder how much the cameras cost.

#583604 - Wed Jan 05 2011 07:22 PM Re: Polar Bears and spy camera [Re: sue943]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Ooooh, the BBC has blocked the video due to copyright laws. Wish I could have seen it.

#583734 - Thu Jan 06 2011 12:55 PM Re: Polar Bears and spy camera [Re: ClaraSue]
szabs Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Mijas, Malaga Spain         
Although I taped it a few days ago I only watched it last night, and I must say I enjoyed every second of it, I thought it was a wonderful form of filming them, as we have never really seen polar bears completely in their natural habitat this documentary shows them just like they are, and what they have to do to survive. Ok they did destroy the cameras, but only because they are so inquisitive, with anything new in their surroundings, personally I thought it was a very small price to pay in order to see them au natural.

#583765 - Thu Jan 06 2011 02:52 PM Re: Polar Bears and spy camera [Re: szabs]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
I have to say that I loved it... and I don't resent paying for the cameras at all, worth every penny and then some. smile

The BBC is very zealous about protecting its copyright, ClaraSue, and they also make sure that some material is restricted either to licence-fee payers (i.e. everyone in the UK with a TV, it's how the BBC gets its money) or to countries where they have sold broadcasting rights. They have posted a few clips from the programme on their own YouTube channel, including this one so try that and see if it works for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvduCPXO_FE

Otherwise you might want to search YouTube to see what you can find - the title of the programme was "Polar Bear: Spy On The Ice".

#584116 - Fri Jan 07 2011 11:18 AM Re: Polar Bears and spy camera [Re: flopsymopsy]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Thanks flopsy! I got to see it that time. That was great!

Moderator:  bloomsby