Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#588560 - Sat Jan 22 2011 07:42 AM The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
This is a new idea, I hope you approve, (but please don't comment in here , use the "Comments and suggestions " thread to do that.)

We have many outstanding contributors to this forum, and to me it is very gratifying to see the way some members show their loyalty and enthusiasm by posting regularly, some nearly every day. These are the Special People that merit a mention in this thread. So...here is the First most deserving and most honourable Loyal Member!!
Satguru!
David has given us much enjoyment over a long time. No doubt he will tell you when he first posted one of his photos of his beloved North London area. All I know is I have learnt a lot about that part of England, been reminded of places I knew and enjoyed every street sign and straight Roman Road! So thanks David and keep posting! David, please post an example of your lovely stuff. Thanks.

Edited by ren33 (Sat Jan 22 2011 05:17 PM)

#588758 - Sun Jan 23 2011 04:36 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
What can I say Sara, I am very flattered! blush Thank you so much for choosing my name first, I come here every day as I like to keep in touch with everyone I know and there's always something to do here one way or another, including many of the more recent quizzes as well. I'm coming up to 11 years next month and know for a fact I feel lost when I can't visit when my internet's gone down for a while.

I'd have to search to find my first local photo but would be within the first few days of the photo forum, and oddly enough I found my first old road sign for months today as I've Streetviewed most of my patch now and covered nearly every road I can now.
But I am very pleased to be chosen as the No.1 pick here, and see I'm not far off reaching the 5000 club probably later in the year as well. I am due for an interview about half way down the list so anyone with questions will be able to ask them then (unless you want to ask me on PM which I'm always happy to look at).

UN IPCC

#588769 - Sun Jan 23 2011 05:43 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: satguru]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Thanks David. Any one of your photos will be great to post here.

#590316 - Sat Jan 29 2011 08:32 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
It is time to announce the next recipient of the Roll of Honour award.
This week it goes to another stalwart of our wonderful forum. She has been here since the year dot. She has consistently kept us interested with her sneak views of daily life with her lovely pets and her neighbourhood, not to mention the delightful examples of her life in Spain. Yes it is our very own
Spanish Liz!
Well done! Please, "Spliz' post us one of your favourite pictures here. Congratulations!

#590321 - Sat Jan 29 2011 09:03 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Thanks for the honour, Ren, I'm very flattered. I don't post daily any more, but I try to keep my hand in. Choosing a favourite will be difficult, but I'll see what I can find smile

#590689 - Mon Jan 31 2011 09:11 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: spanishliz]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Well done Liz, as well as the many suburban Canadian views you've also shared your wonderful pets for us, and am glad my own suggestion for the next name popped up somehow as well!
I should be able to find the first weeks of the forum though and repost the first view as a reminder, let me know if it should go on the usual month or elsewhere for favourites as a repeat.

UN IPCC

#590719 - Tue Feb 01 2011 02:59 AM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: satguru]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Just one photo example per winner in here, I thought. Thanks David.

#591306 - Wed Feb 02 2011 10:11 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
As I said, it is really hard to choose a favourite, so here is one of Precious that I like a lot. She's looking very innocent...

#591307 - Wed Feb 02 2011 10:16 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: spanishliz]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Oh Yes, a perfect choice!

#592044 - Sat Feb 05 2011 04:37 AM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Week Three of the Roll of Honour thread.
It is not an easy task to choose, there are so many worthy people. There are supportive people, gifted people, regularly posting people and encouraging people, some are all of those.
I have chosen Tellywellies for this week's recipient. As Jakaroo said, and I couldn't put it better:
Tellywellies
If not for him, this link might not be here. His photos and "imaging" are always a pleasure. And besides, I love a man with a sense of humour : )

Martin I want to personally put a word in here, you have helped me in my struggles in the forum. (No one knows less about Photography than I do). Your photos are always interesting and you are always ready to help those in need! Thanks.
So post one of your faves in here please. Lets hear it for TW!!! Yay!!

#592356 - Sun Feb 06 2011 02:21 AM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
tellywellies Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Thanks for that Ren. Sue also deserves much credit for the photo forums being here. They were her idea in the first place but I'm pleased to have helped out in getting them up and running. Nice to see the threads being so popular. I still look in regularly, even if not posting so much now. The forums are very well run by the present Mods without a doubt. smile

Difficult to decide whether to post a favourite photo or a computer graphic. I think the graphic wins because creating images from scratch provides me with an enjoyable pastime for a good few hours. Also, it's a way of turning out pictures without having to be artistic (which I'm not). There are two favourite created shapes. One that looks like triple towers and the one below. This one has the edge because of it being so colourful.

Thanks once again, much appreciated. smile

#592378 - Sun Feb 06 2011 07:23 AM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: tellywellies]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Thanks Martin that is super!

#594901 - Sun Feb 13 2011 07:48 AM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Our Next Roll of Honour Recipient is a lady who never fails to give us an interesting illustration of her life. Prolific in her imput and always different in her content, I give you............. Mother Goose!!
Thanks for showing it like it is in Gooseville, Carole! Well done
Please post one of your favourites here.,

#595444 - Mon Feb 14 2011 04:41 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
Thank you for this honour and I am glad you enjoy my photos and commentary. This is truly my favourite forum and the one I always visit first when I log in. I love looking at everyone's pictures and it makes me yearn to visit all those places and perhaps one day meet up with some of you. It also makes me look at my little world differently.

It was hard to choose a photo for this thread but I finally decided to reveal who really runs the household at Gooseville. His name is Crookshanks and technically my daughter's cat (she named him after Hermione's cat in Harry Potter when she was about 11). But, of course, I get the privilege of looking after him, feeding him, cleaning up after him, doing his litter box etc.

I am sure he's thinking "If only I had opposable thumbs and could find the can opener, then I wouldn't need to suck up to these inferior life forms". I've never had a cat that could eat like this one or who was so vocal about demanding food. As you can see, he likes to commandeer my bed too!

Edited by MotherGoose (Mon Feb 14 2011 04:43 PM)

#597140 - Sat Feb 19 2011 05:42 AM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Thanks MG. Crookshanks sure is a character!

#597141 - Sat Feb 19 2011 05:47 AM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
The latest Roll of Honour Member is a prolific poster, supporter and encourager. Thanks for all you do , Jakaroo!
I have enjoyed your posts, your photos and I have been grateful for your suggestions and ideas and advice. Thanks to you Jakaroo

#597217 - Sat Feb 19 2011 10:36 AM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
Good heavens... ME?? I am (honestly) astonished as I can think of many people FAR more worthy. Thank you so much for your very kind words. I am most humbled and will try to live up to all those accolades in the future.

I gather I'm supposed to pick my favourite posting? I've taken "prettier" pictures, but I guess it would have to be this one, as it required the most "effort" on my part (mostly to keep myself and my camera batteries warm ~).

Lunar eclipse, Feb 2008. Ambient temperature minus 35C (plus wind chill). Should have been wearing a scarf, but it was wrapped around the body of my camera instead. Had to leave the tripod out there until the next day as it was frozen to the driveway LOL.

p.s. please feel free to call me Jake (all my friends do) : )

#597348 - Sat Feb 19 2011 03:29 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: Jakeroo]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Thanks, Jake, that's a super example. Well done for your tenaciousness!

#598959 - Thu Feb 24 2011 10:26 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Another week nearly gone and I am telling you the next recipient will be no surprise, I am sure.
Quiz Beagle posts a photo every day and has done for ages. Those pictures are funny and clever as are the comments. Super supportive , consistent and very witty, I give you Quiz Beagle, a worthy recipient!
Please put a favourite picture in here.

#600316 - Tue Mar 01 2011 08:37 AM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
Quiz_Beagle Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Gloucestershire UK
Ooh, coo...thank you so much, Ren. I don't know about favourite, but here's a picture I rather like, both because it's quite a good one of me, and for its location...

#600323 - Tue Mar 01 2011 08:44 AM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: Quiz_Beagle]
Quiz_Beagle Offline
Mainstay

...and it would look better *not* as a postage stamp....

#600551 - Tue Mar 01 2011 03:38 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: Quiz_Beagle]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Hush No pictures of recognisable people!Pics must be taken by the member. It's the rule. Lovely pic though!

#600659 - Tue Mar 01 2011 06:58 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: ren33]
Quiz_Beagle Offline
Mainstay

Oh, apologies. I'm the person, so I thought was okay. It was my camera, too, but I did wonder about not having taken it. Sorry again.

#600753 - Tue Mar 01 2011 07:51 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: Quiz_Beagle]
flopsymopsy Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Northampton England UK      
*cough* I assumed you used a camera with a timer. *cough*

Sorry about the cough, it must be this cold. wink

#600778 - Tue Mar 01 2011 10:02 PM Re: The Photo-a-Day Forum Roll of Honour [Re: flopsymopsy]
ren33 Offline

Hong Kong      
Lol!! Yes fine but *ahem* pictures should not be of recognisable people!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Copago, LeoDaVinci, ren33